iSkin unveils Wild Sides iPod protectors | iLounge News

iSkin unveils Wild Sides iPod protectors

pic iSkin today introduced the iSkin Wild Sides eVo2, a new version of its iPod protector featuring vibrant colors banded with white stripes that glow in the dark. Like the company’s other eVo2 cases, the Wild Sides protector is crafted from durable, form-fitting silicone. The $34.99 product includes a matching colored screen protector, removable iSkin RevoClip, and a colorful swirl-style iSkin Wheel Cap, which offers a full-coverage barrier for the Apple Click Wheel.

The Wild Sides will be available in February in three color combinations—Rebel (deep blue with white), Diva (hot pink with white) and Verve (bright green with white). The protectors will fit all fourth-generation iPods, including the iPod photo.

« Mix: Podcasting, Singapore, Cringely, Armor, Roulette, PSP

iLoungers weigh in on iPod shuffle »

Comments

God, can these things get any uglier?

Posted by Mega in California on January 28, 2005 at 9:25 AM (PDT)

no. your wallet can probably get emptier.

Posted by frankthetank on January 28, 2005 at 9:26 AM (PDT)

too bad you can’t use these with a dock.

Posted by mgbrown66 in USA on January 28, 2005 at 10:25 AM (PDT)

I happen to think they’re quite cool.  A little loud for my personal tastes, but quite spiffy.

Especially the wheel cover.

Posted by Jerrod H. in TX on January 28, 2005 at 11:43 AM (PDT)

yeah the wheel cover rules, if i get anything from the wild collection it would be the cover. very cool stuff

Posted by Dawn Marie in New York City on January 28, 2005 at 12:31 PM (PDT)

iSkin is a ripoff…..nuff said

Posted by FluidG4 on January 28, 2005 at 1:12 PM (PDT)

The new iSkin wild sides are pretty cool. But i wouldnt buy one because they are over priced, doesnt support the ipod dock, and they still have the stupid clip thing. they should really think about redesigning that thing. Does any one else agree?

Posted by ipod14 on January 28, 2005 at 1:34 PM (PDT)

I never buy new iskins. I bought an used iskin for 18 usd shipped from the US a month ago, which is a bargain. the seller had barely used it and said he sold it because he cant use it with the dock. when i got it, i cut the dock in a way it would fit the iskin. again, I am looking forward to buy this iskin used from some frustrated sellers who need to use the dock.

Posted by frankthetank on January 28, 2005 at 1:56 PM (PDT)

ipod14: I agree with you.  Not so much about the price (expensive, yes, but no doubt it takes more time and labor to manufacture these skins than it does to make a solid-colored case) but about not being able to use the dock.  And their so-called belt clip is poorly-designed, to be kind.

Hopefully they’ll see fit to design a dock-friendly version.  I bought one of their Evo2 cases right after it came out but sold it as soon as #### came out with his dock-friendly 4G exoflp silicone cases.

Posted by eben on January 28, 2005 at 3:24 PM (PDT)

God, those are an eyesore. Couldn’t they do any better at designing what’s essentially an iPod condom?

Posted by lucygoosey on January 28, 2005 at 4:42 PM (PDT)

Mmm… bright colors!

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on January 28, 2005 at 10:25 PM (PDT)

Very cool… if you’re not afraid of being flashy.  But they’re all too damn expensive.  Come on… it’s a piece of rubber.  If they cut the price in half, people might be more inclined to purchase more than one color.

Posted by jp77 on January 29, 2005 at 1:02 PM (PDT)

i think these covers are gorgeous!but i have an 3G iPod, so cant use them. If they did decide to bring a 3G version out tho, i’d buy it in a flash. Very funky and very diff.  Some peopel are too self consious….do what YOU want, not what other ppl think. Jeez. o thats right, you bought an iPod to be cool. *sigh*
Dan x

Posted by Spooky2k in barry, wales on January 29, 2005 at 3:13 PM (PDT)

the pink one looks like a demented candy cane!!

Posted by Carmen in NYC on January 31, 2005 at 8:16 AM (PDT)

I have owned 2 iSkins and I have nothing but good things to say about both the product and the company.

Overpriced? WTF? You mean to tell me that you are willing to spend $400 on you 40 gig iPod but are unwilling to spend another $30 to protect it?

The iSkin fits perfect! The clear plastic cover for the screen is awesome.

And, to the dope above that said “and they still have the stupid clip thing. they should really think about redesigning that thing.” - DUH! The clip is removable!!!! You don’t HAVE to use it at all. But, if you knew what you were talking about and not just running off at the mouth you would know that.

Personally, I really like the new skins and will probably buy one. Unlike some of you skinflints, $30 bucks is nothing to protect my iPod.

Posted by ransath on February 1, 2005 at 11:20 AM (PDT)

craptacular!

Posted by Scottydoo43244 in Dublin on February 3, 2005 at 10:26 AM (PDT)

Fugly, fugly and more fugly!

Posted by DigitalKim in Dallas TX on February 8, 2005 at 7:44 PM (PDT)

Finally, a review from someone who actually owns this product. I’ve been considering to get one for over a year and I finally got the pink one from Amazon few months ago.

These things are great.  Very eye-catching, pretty wild and offers complete coverage.  I’ve dropped my iPod twice from my coat pocket or off my desk, and it just bounces and keeps on ticking.  I hook the belt clip on to my jeans pocket and I get lots of positive comments on it around campus.

The down side is that if you have one of those portable speakers in which you slip the device to connect it, you have to remove the case, which could be a bother. The other bad thing—if this is important to you—is that the case makes it unrecognizable as an iPod. People who don’t have iPods have no idea what I have connected to my white ear buds!

Posted by Islareina in Missouri on March 25, 2006 at 4:15 PM (PDT)