iSkin Wheel Caps now available in 3-pack | iLounge News

iSkin Wheel Caps now available in 3-pack

imageiSkin today announced the availability of a Wheel Cap 3-pack for both its eVo2 and iSkin mini covers.

First announced in January, the protectors offer “a full-coverage transparent barrier to extend the life of the Apple Click Wheel by keeping it free of dirt, scratches and other damage that may occur from everyday use… while maintaining natural scrolling feedback.”

The 3-pack sells for $14.99.

« HP to stop selling iPods

Mix: Gator podcast, VW Golf, First iPod, Apple gear »

Comments

$5 each?! this is silly. but some people will buy anything.

Posted by rob on July 29, 2005 at 10:46 AM (PDT)

Those things look like condoms.  Come to think of it, what a great marketing idea—faux clickwheel condoms!  Don’t even think about it—I’m patenting it!

Posted by dmt1 on July 29, 2005 at 12:10 PM (PDT)

I have I Pod 30GB,end i nide help to dounlode from Microsoft Outlook 2003 mi contacts(addres .phones….)
Thank’s for every help.

Posted by Goran on July 29, 2005 at 1:18 PM (PDT)

ummmmmm, Goran, this is the completely wrong area to be asking questions like that lol please try the forum, and maybe learn to write a little more clearly, sorry if that sounds rude, but if you want help then make it more clear.

Posted by matrixsjd on July 29, 2005 at 3:21 PM (PDT)

anyone bought these?
seem like a worthwhile idea as a companion for their ‘iskins’ but why not just one for $5 instead of 3 for $15?  do they wear out that quick?  and if so, what makes them worth $5?

Posted by andy on July 29, 2005 at 3:36 PM (PDT)

These day people just want to ripping you off .$15 for this skin. I rather spend it on the songs

Posted by Nick on July 29, 2005 at 3:53 PM (PDT)

Although the iskin is a great soft case (and the wheel caps are a nice addition-mine came with a wheel cap), there are a couple of caveats to this product.  First of all, as far as I know they only work with the iskin.  Also, there are some much better click wheel films out there.  Power Support’s 3D wheel film totally rocks, and works with any case.  Although it runs about $15 bucks for two covers, you only need one, so you can split it with a friend.  I think eight bucks is a fine deal for semi-permanent clickwheel protection.  I use my iPod a lot, and although I am a pretty clean guy, the 3D wheel film has been a savior from the grimy click wheel that I’ve seen on friends’ iPods.  Besides, 8 bucks is a small price to pay to top off complete protection of the investment of an iPod.

Posted by Ben on July 29, 2005 at 6:40 PM (PDT)

Mine wheel cap came with the iskin I bought (yay!) and I’m pretty glad I have it.. but I have a question.. do you separate the wheel cap from the plastic part of it.. It has 2 parts that you can separate, but I don’t know if you can or can’t or..whatnot.
Somebody help? Thanks. smile

Posted by Lisa on July 30, 2005 at 12:26 AM (PDT)

I’ve got an iSkin mini for my ‘Pod but i got so fed up with waiting for them to release the damn Wheelcaps that i went and bought an iPodonut! Granted you only get one, but they are cheaper and you can keep it on all the time (no need to constantly use the case).

Posted by GenuineSpyke in Norfolk, England on July 30, 2005 at 1:04 PM (PDT)

Finally, they are actually sold separately.  Bought one.

Posted by ubertaxpayer on July 30, 2005 at 6:39 PM (PDT)

I have a wheel cap on my iPod.  When I ordered my latest iSkin it came with one free.  It is a great concept because it keeps my wheel from getting over-smoothed, but its plastic is kind of cheap.  Mine is warped after only about a month in a half of use.  I press some buttons more than others and its shape is reflecting that.

Posted by Chimpo on August 1, 2005 at 5:34 AM (PDT)

Regarding the price, from my understanding, $15 is just about the lowest MSRP that retailers will want to “touch” for iPod accessories, to make carrying the product worth their while.

Posted by Paul on August 1, 2005 at 4:28 PM (PDT)

In China they would laugh you out of the country to pay that much for something so simple. You can buy shuffle charges for less than $2.

Posted by Tim on August 1, 2005 at 6:30 PM (PDT)