iStore offers iCandy cases for 5G iPod, nano | iLounge News

iStore offers iCandy cases for 5G iPod, nano

imageThe iStore has announced the iCandy cases for the fifth-generation iPod and iPod nano. The silicone cases offer an anti-dust coating, play-through click wheel protection, a lanyard, and two invisible films for the front and back of your iPod. The iCandy cases, priced at $25 each, are available in 10 colors—black, white, light pink, purple, green, yellow, orange, and glow in the dark pink, blue and light blue.

« ezGear ships ezTrip FM TransCharger

Contour offers iSee-video case for 5G iPods »

Comments

I purchased what looks to be the exact same item on eBay about a month ago for $7 (which I highly recommend btw).

This price did not include “invisble films”. You can still find them on eBay right now, and I paid about $4 to ship it from Hong Kong.

I then attached a Martin Fields that I also purchased off eBay and called it a day.

Posted by Wait a Minute on December 14, 2005 at 7:35 AM (PDT)

Yep, I purcahsed what appears to be this exact same case on eBay for $.01 with $11 shipping from Hong Kong.  It came with clear plastic overlays for the front, back and clickwheel.  It’s a good case, but you can get it for ~$11 shipped from eBay.  The seller I purcahsed it from was ‘lok66666’ - he should have lots of them.

Posted by Kevin on December 14, 2005 at 10:49 AM (PDT)

Actually, looking at the first look on iLounge for this case, the eBay version appears to be even better, as it covers the entire bottom except for the docking port.  The iStore iCandy version has that two inch gap on the bottom.

Posted by Kevin on December 14, 2005 at 10:52 AM (PDT)

This is the worst case I have ever bought for my ipod sadly…It doesn’t fit correctly and it tore trying to get it in…Furthermore THE iSTORE doesn’t call me back nor return my emails in regards to returning this case.  BE AWARE of them.  They seem pretty unorganized and their product is really lousy…
The case has two huge gaps in the back (i imagine its to get it through your belt) but it tears so easily that that would never work.  I am pretty dissapointed and hop I can resolve this issue soon.

Posted by isis on December 14, 2005 at 7:26 PM (PDT)

Kevin….Question for the one that you bought from lok66666….  Is the wheel part cut out of the rubber or is the rubber thinner over the wheel and the front protection film, does that cover the screen part? It’s hard to tell from the photo’s fo the product, if that’s the case, does it fit really tight around the screen and the film protector does it’s job??

Thanks

T

Posted by Tony on January 8, 2006 at 6:35 PM (PDT)

This is a poor case.  They are shipped with no instructions for installing the clear protector.  the clear protector traps bubbles and dust, and destroys the high resolution screen.  The colors on the website are nothing like what the cases look like in real life.

Posted by wm on December 25, 2006 at 8:49 PM (PDT)