iSuppli: 16GB iPad build cost estimated at $260
According to a cost analysis by market research firm iSuppli, the 16GB iPad with Wi-Fi may cost as little as $259.60 to build. Citing iSuppli’s findings, Bloomberg reports that the iPad’s touch screen display costs $95, with the A4 processor adding another $26.80 to the cost. The iPad’s aluminum casing is estimated to cost $10.50, with the flash memory chips adding anywhere from $29.50 in costs to the 16GB model to $118 in the 64GB version, which carries a total estimated materials cost of $348.10. Other components include the Broadcom Bluetooth and Wi-Fi chip, estimated to cost $8.05, and a Cirrus Logic audio chip costing $1.20. As with all iSuppli cost of materials estimates, these figures are not exact, and do not account for research and development, manufacturing, packaging, and marketing costs.
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?