iSuppli: 16GB iPad build cost estimated at $260
According to a cost analysis by market research firm iSuppli, the 16GB iPad with Wi-Fi may cost as little as $259.60 to build. Citing iSuppli’s findings, Bloomberg reports that the iPad’s touch screen display costs $95, with the A4 processor adding another $26.80 to the cost. The iPad’s aluminum casing is estimated to cost $10.50, with the flash memory chips adding anywhere from $29.50 in costs to the 16GB model to $118 in the 64GB version, which carries a total estimated materials cost of $348.10. Other components include the Broadcom Bluetooth and Wi-Fi chip, estimated to cost $8.05, and a Cirrus Logic audio chip costing $1.20. As with all iSuppli cost of materials estimates, these figures are not exact, and do not account for research and development, manufacturing, packaging, and marketing costs.
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?