iTrip Video | iLounge News

iTrip Video

iLounger ‘peacemaker’ has posted a video of the unpacking of iTrip, setup and and using it with his home stereo.

“I was so happy when my iTrip arrived yesterday, so I made a short videoclip. It works good at my home stereo, but I coundn’t test it in a car yet.”

« “Hello iPod, Goodbye, MD”

Musiconmac.com Launched; Daily Site for Mac Musicians »

Comments

ur video is cool, just showing it clearing taht it works..from what i heard in the videoclip.. rit seems that the sound is good in ur hi-fi..
am i right?

Posted by aukamania on June 24, 2003 at 10:52 AM (CDT)

He dubbed it in his video edit. That’s wasn’t the sound from his stereo.

Posted by Bob on June 24, 2003 at 11:40 AM (CDT)

you are right, it wasn

Posted by peacemaker on June 24, 2003 at 12:16 PM (CDT)

sweet video, kinda makes me want to get an iTrip for my 10GB.  Nah, I tihnk i iwll stay with my cheaper cassette adapter….

Posted by Robert Herman on June 24, 2003 at 1:14 PM (CDT)

yep would have to agree very cool video, nice shots and angles. Also commenting on above I’d just buy it cos of its look lol, especially the blue LED, the whole thing box included looks like its been made by Apple itself.

Posted by Fusen in UK on June 24, 2003 at 6:57 PM (CDT)

I can clearly see you have a lot of experience in video editing/filming. Nicely made video. Slick.

What did you edit in? Premiere or FC Pro?

Posted by moscva on June 25, 2003 at 2:56 AM (CDT)

thanks for your positive feedback :-)
i use premiere. i only have a windows pc and not the new G5 with FCP, anyone want

Posted by peacemaker on June 25, 2003 at 3:33 AM (CDT)

Hey, may I ask when you ordered your iTrip ? I ordered mine a few weeks ago and I wonder when mine gets on its way to germany… :)
Greetings from Mannheim :)

Posted by robat on June 25, 2003 at 10:23 AM (CDT)

hi robat,
i bought 4 iTrips at ebay usa. it

Posted by peacemaker on June 25, 2003 at 10:45 AM (CDT)

Mine worked great inside. then I tried it in two different cars. There is too much static to make it usable. I returned it and went back to my casette adapter.

Posted by wahoo5 on June 25, 2003 at 1:11 PM (CDT)

Hey peacemaker,
hmm, might be good idea… When mine arrives i could do the same ;) Neat movie, btw :)

Posted by robat on June 26, 2003 at 1:15 AM (CDT)

It depends on the car.  I noted cars with internal antennas (no visible antenna outside of the car, obviously) don’t seem to be too keen on the iTrip, where as cars which have an external antenna come in nice and crisp.

The only problem I have had was having an extremely piercing high pitch ring come through the speakers of the receiving system from the broadcasting iPod.  However, it is fixable.  What I noted was, you need to tune into a clear frquency and adjust the volume control on the actual ipod until you hear no more ringing, then you can adjust the volume on the receiving transmitter.

It ultimately depends on the receiver and that is understandable due to different standards through manufacturer.

So play around and you too will find that the iTrip is a remarkable thing for a mere $35 USD.

Posted by Michael Baran on June 26, 2003 at 2:31 AM (CDT)

So what happens when you load the software onto your ipod? does it mak the frequancies like a song title kind of thing that would get in the way of listening to all your songs on random?

Posted by jason on June 27, 2003 at 12:02 PM (CDT)

yes, every frequence is a mp3-file. if you play all songs, the iTrip files will be played too.
i made a new playlist with all songs, but without the iTrip-sounds.
and i deleted the artist and album info from the id3tag of the itrip files, so if you browse by artist or album, you will not see the itrip-sounds.

Posted by peacemaker on June 27, 2003 at 12:57 PM (CDT)