iTunes 10.1.1 offers fixes for music video, instability bugs | iLounge News

iTunes 10.1.1 offers fixes for music video, instability bugs

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, December 15, 2010
News Categories: Apple, iTunes

image

Apple has released iTunes 10.1.1, the latest version of its digital media management software. According to Apple’s release notes, the update addresses an issue where some music videos may not play on Macs equipped with NVIDIA GeForce 9400 or 9600 graphics, resolves an issue where iTunes may unexpectedly quit when deleting a playlist that has the iTunes Sidebar showing, fixes a problem where iTunes may unexpectedly quit when connecting an iPod to a Mac equipped with a PowerPC processor, and addresses an issue where some music videos may not sync to an iPod, iPhone, or iPad. iTunes 10.1.1 is a 54.8 MB download for Mac users and is available now via Apple’s Software Update utility.

« Man pleads guilty in iTunes fraud scheme

In-app purchases lead to big bills for parents »

Comments

my macbook pro 2008 intel will no longer open itunes after update all i get is error messages.

Posted by Shameless1 on December 15, 2010 at 4:23 PM (PDT)

I downloaded a full install version and my itunes is now working.

Posted by Shameless1 on December 15, 2010 at 4:36 PM (PDT)

Wow, I updated iTunes on my laptop (Windows Vista) and now I get an error message saying “iTunes cannot run because some of its required files are missing. Please reinstall iTunes”. Great. -_-

Posted by Josh C. on December 15, 2010 at 7:10 PM (PDT)

I got the same error as Josh, but with a Windows XP machine. However the update didn’t even require a restart in my Mac???

Posted by Steve E. on December 15, 2010 at 10:41 PM (PDT)

After the update I still have the “No Color Icons” bug - ergh!!!!

Posted by mwilgar on December 16, 2010 at 5:12 AM (PDT)

Download a full install version and try installing it over your itunes. I did that to fix my color icons issue.

Posted by Dave on December 16, 2010 at 6:24 AM (PDT)

@5: That’s not a bug, that’s intentional.

As for other comments, I never let iTunes update with its automated system anymore. Apple’s automatic updater, in my experience, screws something up at least 30% of the time. It always seems to work better to download the complete package and install with that.

Posted by Code Monkey in Midstate New York on December 16, 2010 at 7:49 AM (PDT)

I know the no color icons was intentional - I still consider it a bug.  It adds nothing good, takes away something useful = bug.

Posted by mwilgar on December 16, 2010 at 8:28 AM (PDT)

@8: Remind me to not recommend you teach adjunct CS anywhere;)

Your definition of bug is beyond any comment I could make without getting in trouble, suffice it to say if you can consider the no color icons a bug, you can consider an elephant a plant.

Posted by Code Monkey in Midstate New York on December 16, 2010 at 8:46 AM (PDT)

I’ve upgraded and had no issues on my mac…

Posted by dennis on December 16, 2010 at 8:47 AM (PDT)

@9: My “elephant” is a plant, a gigantic ficus in the dining room that my wife inherited from a deceased relative. I don’t dare ask to get rid of this monstrosity, hence the “elephant” in the room. wink

Posted by rockmyplimsoul on December 16, 2010 at 12:08 PM (PDT)

There is a new button on the music videos in my library called “My Computer”. Does anyone know what that is about?

Posted by Benjamin-E on December 18, 2010 at 9:06 PM (PDT)