iTunes for Windows Forum Added | iLounge News

iTunes for Windows Forum Added

We recently added a iTunes sub-forum under our Windows forums. It’s already quite busy with over 15 topics.

iTunes for Windows Forum

« 2.1 Doesn’t Fix Gap Between Songs

Apple Posts New TV Spot »

Comments

:D

Posted by SiMON on October 16, 2003 at 4:34 PM (CDT)

Posted by grimmet on October 16, 2003 at 5:51 PM (CDT)

:O)

Posted by Rich in Rhode Island, USA on October 16, 2003 at 6:24 PM (CDT)

Help!!!

I am so happy about the itunes for Windows. Much better than MusicMatch. I have a problem here. I hope someone could help me here!!!!

I uninstalled the MM through Add/Remove option and manually remove the “left-over” directories under c:program filesmusic match. However, when I pop a cd in my cd-rom. I still have option for playing cd with MMJB. I tried to reinstall and uninstall it again and again. It didn’t help at all!!! Can anyone help me about this?!!!!!!! please email me for any suggestions! thanks so much.

Posted by Stephen on October 16, 2003 at 6:50 PM (CDT)

grrr, you disturb the running gag with the emotiocons… look into the forums, ( sorry that i dont know any way of urgent help)

Posted by grimmet on October 16, 2003 at 7:41 PM (CDT)

>8-(

Posted by Dinky on October 16, 2003 at 7:58 PM (CDT)

:OP

Posted by PodLover on October 16, 2003 at 9:48 PM (CDT)

anyone notice some background noise in itunes that is not present in winamp. When you turn it up fairly loud the clarity just isn’t there. Some background static a lot of times too.

Posted by Jeff mancuso on October 16, 2003 at 10:12 PM (CDT)

Installed iTunes for Win today… already running XPlay for my G1 WinPod… now I get a message indicating that I must install the software that came with my iPod in order for iTunes to work with it.  As this is a Win ver that is not Possible.  Thusly, the iPod will not show up as a device in iTunes Win.  Ang Sugg’s?

Thanks in advance for your time and info!

Posted by Travex on October 16, 2003 at 10:21 PM (CDT)

Did you try downloading the 1.3 Updater for Windows from the Apple website. This might help you with you problem. If it does allow you to update it will reformat your iPod to FAT32 and erase anything you have on your iPod. I would give that a shot.

Posted by Saint Robyn on October 16, 2003 at 10:50 PM (CDT)

Got ITUNES…not too shabby…

Only problem is that I am unable to see my MP3’s with Xplay. Any Suggestions? I can only view them If I enable “Hidden Files” to be viewed. Can’t view them like I normally would…Bummer

Posted by steve on October 16, 2003 at 11:09 PM (CDT)

Itunes wiped out all the Tagging of my 600 plus songs…Now it;s a mad Jumble. GOt to retag everything again. The cruelty apple plays on windows users!  Same problem as steve. Cant use my Xplay to view my files also how can I convert from AAC to MP3?

Posted by frank on October 16, 2003 at 11:20 PM (CDT)

Saint Robyn—Thanks kindly for your timely and informative response!

As it turns out I was able to rectify the the “sitch” by having reinstalled iTunes/Win for the 4th time.

I honestly cannot say why this worked… I wish I could for the benefit of others who might endure this problem.

It works… I’m happy… I’m going to buy a Apple.  Only then will all problems be resolved.

Thanks once again!

Posted by Travex on October 16, 2003 at 11:49 PM (CDT)

Grrrr….. update 2.1 disables anapod.

Posted by Howard on October 17, 2003 at 6:08 AM (CDT)

Anyone found the message on startup of Itunes:
The Itunes service for importing and burning CDs and DVDs has not been started. Please restart the service to enable
burning and Importing.

This happens on two different IBM Thinkpads

Posted by Jeffrey Goldberg on October 17, 2003 at 6:22 AM (CDT)

I’m confused.  I have the 3G IPod w/Windows 2k.  Updated software to 2.1. Installed ITunes for Win. ITunes recognizes my Ipod.  Purchased a few songs.

Cannot trans to IPod.  The file ends with M4p. Ipod will not recognize the file. When I try to convert to MP3, I get a message saying the file is protected and cannot be converted to another format.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Posted by JMW on October 17, 2003 at 6:22 AM (CDT)

I installed Itunes for Windows on two PC’s yesterday- one at work behind a firewall and one at home.

Will NOT work with firewall- supposed to pull settings from IE, but will not. If I click get help in Itunes it launches IE and connects to the internet, but I cannot go directly to the ITUNES Store from behind the firewall. I get a message saying “Itunes cannot connect to the music store. Make sure your network connection is active and try again.”

On Home PC works great- bought my first song and synched no issues. The only glitch is that Itunes will not simply import all of my 7000 MP3’s at once because some were burned in WMA and MP3 format and the Album folders have some data the program cannot handle. As a result I cannot simply copy folder “My Music” and be done with it. I have to Copy Folder each individual folder and Copy File each file in those folders with WMA’s or other unsupported data. Time consuming and annoying to say the least.

Overall- I prefer the interface to MMJB. In particular, the Playlist interaction is much better than MMJB. I like having “Play Count” and “My Ratings” as automatic Playlists. Synching is quick and easy asw well.

Posted by Fonz on October 17, 2003 at 6:49 AM (CDT)

Downloaded itunes last night while watching the Yankees game. MUCH better than that piece of crap MMJB. **However, when I preview a song it skips.** What’s going on here. I transfered my library over and every song there skips as well.

Overall, I think it’s awesome and the only problem that I see is that I’m going to have to really watch myself with buying music. It’s just too easy to hit that “Buy album” button.

Posted by Matt on October 17, 2003 at 7:07 AM (CDT)

I installed itunes on my PC; it works much better and quicker than (buggy) MMJB although there was one feature in MMJB that I liked and didn’t find in itunes. I have a rather large collection of MP3s that are in a varity of bit rates and MMJB allowed me to make them all the same bit rate (when transfering them to the ipod) if I wanted to save some disc space.
  My real problem was with trying to get onto the itunes music store. I got an error message telling me I “didn’t have enough memory” (I have a full gig of RAM) and that the music store was “unaccessable-try later”. does anyone know what might be wrong?

Posted by gear on October 17, 2003 at 7:24 AM (CDT)

1th moment is heared the news i was very happy.  but when i try to copy cd’s too AAC it crashes when i want to play a song or whatever…

Posted by Angelo on October 17, 2003 at 8:17 AM (CDT)

Page 1 of 7 pages  1 2 3 >  Last ›