iTunes for Windows Forum Added | iLounge News

iTunes for Windows Forum Added

We recently added a iTunes sub-forum under our Windows forums. It’s already quite busy with over 15 topics.

iTunes for Windows Forum

« 2.1 Doesn’t Fix Gap Between Songs

Apple Posts New TV Spot »

Comments

I need some help…. I downloaded everything and was able to create my library, however I am unable to access the radio and I am unable to download purchased music from the ITunes Store.  Anyone else having this problem?  Anyone know a way to fix it?

Posted by Charlie on October 20, 2003 at 4:33 PM (CDT)

I’ve just updated to Windows XP so that I could switch from Music Match to ITunes for Windows. Nothing but trouble since. First, while attempting to update the songs on my iPod, I some how managed to clear all 4500 songs on the device. Now I’m trying to transfer all that stuff back onto the iPod using Itunes. It works—for about 40 to 150 songs. Then the Ipod freezes up for no obvious reason. It seems to unmount itself—the option in my system tray to safely remove it disappears—but the “do not disconnect” warning stays on the ipod screen. At this point, the computer can’t find the device to mount it, so I can’t safely unmount it either.
I’ve had some success manually resetting the ipod (still in the dock.) The computer and itunes then find the device again, and I’m able to add a few more songs. But at this rate, I’ll be collecting Social Security before I get all 4500 songs on the device. Also, I worry that this might harm the Ipod’s hard drive.

Has anybody else seen something like this?

By the way: I have already updated the Ipod software to 2.1. My PC is a bit underpowered in the RAM dept. (64MB); could this be the root of the problem?

Posted by pregnier on October 20, 2003 at 10:19 PM (CDT)

Hello, everyone.

Problem is this - have 30Gb, downloaded iTunes, didn’t like it. Uninstalled it.

Now MMJB won’t recognise that the iPod is connected. Going mad with frustration!

Any ideas?

Posted by Rickytmbg on October 21, 2003 at 2:48 AM (CDT)

Hello,

I’d like to say that I think iTunes is the best way to manage the iPod.  I didn’t care for MMJB at all.  Syncing is effortless w/ iTunes.  I simply uninstalled MMJB and the iPod plugins, installed iTunes and the rest is history.  I’m surprised of the many reported issues here.  I thought of buying a Mac to take advantage of the offerings iTunes had for the iPod.  When I purchase from the Music Store, the songs are added to the iPod with no intervention.  The tags I had in MMJB converted over to iTunes with no problem.  I have yet to record a new CD in iTunes but I plan to do so tonight.  iTunes for Windows save me thousands of dollars because I didn’t have to buy a Mac.  I still plan to in the near future because I’m sick of Windows.

Posted by overcast10 in Cincinnati on October 21, 2003 at 6:02 AM (CDT)

Only problem I have encountered, is the following. After spending around 4hours renaming my mp3 tags (with the right click—> geti info), I found that for every song I added an artist to, it created that mp3 file in a new folder (within Windows Explorer), now all my mp3 folders are a complete mess, 100s of unwanted folders.

System OS XP, 15Gb iPod (firewire)

Posted by ian on October 21, 2003 at 6:04 AM (CDT)

to “Overcast10”

about your problem:

Get your mp3 collection arranged in the way your want again, then re-import the songs to the iTunes but be sure to first deselect:

“Preferences -> Advanced -> Keep iTunes music folder organized”

Posted by bugpowder on October 21, 2003 at 7:24 AM (CDT)

Hi,

I installed ITUNES on my Windows 2K PC ( I previously had Ephod as I could not get MusicMatch to work with my IPOD).  After installing, I restarted, but I can not bring my system up again.  I can come up in safe mode.  I tried uninstalling ITUNES, but the install shield errors out.

I loaded SVC pack 4, and still can not bring the System up.

I went through my registry settings and deleted all references to ITUNES.  I still can not come up except in Safe mode.

Anyone else have this problem?

I’m at a loss.

Thanks.

Rich

Posted by richm on October 21, 2003 at 8:59 AM (CDT)

i haven’t seen this issue addressed above, but maybe someone has the solution.  i was running mmjb 8.0 and created about 20 playlists that are now on my ipod.  installed itunes.  no problems (burning, downloading, or uploading to the ipod).  however, now i have some really extensive playlists on my ipod that i cannot export to itunes.  my concern is that if (and probably when if past performance is any indication) my ipod crashes and i have to reset i will have to create all these playlists over again.  it was pretty labor intensive to build these, as many of you know, and now that things are “just right” i’d like to build on them without having to start over.  ideas???

Posted by bripod on October 21, 2003 at 2:16 PM (CDT)

I’m loving iTunes, but am having a problem.  The Ipod is set to auto-sync.  Everytime I plug it in, it says that it is connected and syncing, but then iTunes shuts down.  I then disabled the auto-sync and tried to manually adjust the content, but the same thing happend.

I’ve noticed that there is one song in particular that shows on the pod with a icon notifing that action is going to be taken but it never goes away and the song is not accesable from the pod itself.  I’m wondering if somehow this is causing a problem and causing the failure.  Has anybody seen anyting like this before?

Also, I’m wondering if I might be better off erasing the entire unit and having it all reload?  If so, what would be the best way to completley reformat the unit?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by jason on October 21, 2003 at 10:50 PM (CDT)

Installed yesterday on mt 20Gig 3g model with absolutely NO issues.
All 10 Gig of songs already in musicmatch was transferred correctly.

A bit disappointed not to see a disclaimer that “Apple take no responsibility for music being lost due to Windows crashing” though.

Posted by peter on October 22, 2003 at 10:26 AM (CDT)

Problem: I have installed Itunes and now I have theese problems: 1. the Ipod manager is gone 2. I can’t disconnect and connect the Ipod while Windows is running. I can only access the Ipod it’s docked before booting up. I have 3 other USB 2 devices that works just fine. any sugg?

Posted by Sune Miltersen on October 22, 2003 at 1:57 PM (CDT)

iTunes has me so mad I could spit. All along I thought the way iPod, MM and similar programs organized music terribly because it didnt allow users to customize their own organization. I had my entire library well organized in a structure that I thought was intuitive and logical. so I installed iTunes only to have it rip apart my entire structure. it put all the artists in their own folders first, then album, then song. this might be great for some, but when the majority of my music consists of DJ sets with various artists, I dont want the library grouped individual artists. I now have thousands of folders in the top tier of my music library and no way to rearrange them without spending days reorganizing.

I therefore think iTunes SUCKS! thanks for wasting so much of my time Apple.

Posted by jake330 on October 22, 2003 at 7:06 PM (CDT)

I therefore think iTunes SUCKS! thanks for wasting so much of my time Apple.

Posted by jake330 on October 22, 2003 at 7:06 PM (CDT)

Response time is EXTREMELY slow, especially if you’re playing a file from it.

Posted by cpndv on October 22, 2003 at 10:06 PM (CDT)

i installed itunes and my ipod on my computer and downloaded all my songs. However when i tried to to install them on my friends pc it, itunes said that my ipod was linked to another computer( my pc) and wanted to replace all of my ipod’s music with the music on my friends pc.
Also i couldn’t upload any of my friends music onto my ipod.
is there any way around that?

Posted by Bart on May 26, 2004 at 12:39 AM (CDT)

Anyone know if MP9 media libray and ratings, etc can be inported or recognised from MP9? Imported and converted everything OK but don’t want to have to go through reorganising and rating everything again. ??

Posted by Kiwi on August 16, 2004 at 1:59 AM (CDT)

hey i downloaded the new i tunes but when i trasnfer it gives me this error and cant log back in help!!!!!

Posted by lewis caskie on February 21, 2008 at 11:49 PM (CST)

i was playing around with the itunes folder one day and if you notice that there are four i-tunes database files in the itunes folder 1. itunes library 2. itunes library extras 3. itunes library genius 4. itunes music library, so one day i changed the type of the fourth file (itunes music library) from an itunes file to a safari file by accident, now my library resets every while, and i cant turn the file back into the original, help please.
p.s. i’m running windows not a mac os

Posted by Ahmed on September 3, 2010 at 8:29 AM (CDT)

i have set up my ipod using aol i have now changed to bt how do i change the information over on my itunes account

Posted by sam on December 19, 2010 at 5:19 PM (CST)

I cannot see an old type Aple tv on a Windows iTune 10. The Apple Tv is working - confirmed by Apple suport. I reset the Apple TV to its factory settings and re configure the wireless network but did not help. Apple suport won’t help me because I am using Windows. Any insite on that?

Posted by Michael G. on August 20, 2011 at 2:40 AM (CDT)

Page 6 of 7 pages ‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 >

Please enter the word you see in the image below: