iTunes for Windows Forum Added | iLounge News

iTunes for Windows Forum Added

We recently added a iTunes sub-forum under our Windows forums. It’s already quite busy with over 15 topics.

iTunes for Windows Forum

« 2.1 Doesn’t Fix Gap Between Songs

Apple Posts New TV Spot »

Comments

MUSICMATCH ROCKS!!!!!

Posted by roan on October 17, 2003 at 5:45 AM (PDT)

gear - there has been some discussion on the apple forums about Norton Internet Security causing that memory error.  I had to disable the firewall in order to connect to the muisc store.

Posted by Ian in Memphis on October 17, 2003 at 5:48 AM (PDT)

I’ve got a 15gb iPod, Win XP Home, Using MMJB, I’ve got all the patches and updates.  What is the recommended way of uninstall these to upgrade my iPod with the new patch and installing iTunes?

Posted by adam on October 17, 2003 at 5:50 AM (PDT)

gear,

Do you have Norton Internet Security? Apparently there is a conflict between iTunes and NIS that causes a similar problem. If you do have NIS, try temporarily disabling it to find out what all the fuss is about iTunes Music Store.

Posted by Paul on October 17, 2003 at 5:54 AM (PDT)

That tag thing sucks… I spent half the night trying to update them. No worries though, I’m very happy to have iTunes at home now…
I Love the way iTunes manages my MP3 Files; funny though, still haven’t used it to manage my iPod yet.

Posted by Derek on October 17, 2003 at 5:56 AM (PDT)

I quickly installed iTunes at my work computer and then downloaded a song to see how it worked.  It seems once you download the song, you cannot download another copy of the song as Audible allows you to do.  I thought one of the benefits of buying songs legally online was that you could access your entire library if you somehow lost the song or wanted to play your purchased music library at work.

Am I wrong about the one time download?

Posted by AJ on October 17, 2003 at 6:20 AM (PDT)

...so I’ve fixed it…. It appears that
you need to turn off DLA and load a CD-R
for iTunes to recognize that it is a CD-RW
drive and then everything works fine

Posted by Jeffrey Goldberg on October 17, 2003 at 7:01 AM (PDT)

hey,

i see ppl talking about losing there mp3 tags. what happend? did you click on consolidate library?

let me know.

if thats now what happend. what does that consolidate lobrary do? i havent done it yet because it says it cant be undone?

thanks

Posted by idiotsniff on October 17, 2003 at 7:04 AM (PDT)

Installed it at work behind a firewall as with a previous post. I can’t acces shop either becasue it keeps saying ‘make sure are connected etc…’ although - I’m told that store is only available to U.S residents of which I am not one - so not bothered. I might use it play music - but Xplay offers all the ipod transfer needs that I require.

Posted by gobes on October 17, 2003 at 7:20 AM (PDT)

Just installed i tunes and transffered all my music from MM with no problems at all.  I’m very happy so far.  Only problem is that now when I put a CD in i tunes doesn’t recognize it.

Can someone help?

Posted by Ronnie on October 17, 2003 at 7:40 AM (PDT)

Just installed i tunes and transffered all my music from MM with no problems at all. I’m very happy so far. Only problem is that now when I put a CD in i tunes doesn’t recognize it.  same thing for me also but it works fine on my other pc

Posted by A on October 17, 2003 at 7:57 AM (PDT)

Posted by A on October 17, 2003 at 7:57 AM (PDT)

8ox

Posted by meatmcguffin on October 17, 2003 at 8:08 AM (PDT)

I like it. Its like looking at my pods screen on my PC.

;P

GuyVer

Ps. Depressingly enough I cant hear any difference between 192kbps MP3 and spangly new 192 kbps AAC. Could it be because Im demoing with Iron Maiden?

Posted by GuyVer on October 17, 2003 at 8:20 AM (PDT)

Has anyone figured out an EASY way to convert .m4P files to .mp3 besides burning .m4p file to an audio CD (.wav or .cda or whatever the heck it is) and then converting the CONVERTED file to .mp3?

Posted by Lisa on October 17, 2003 at 8:32 AM (PDT)

Posted by Lisa on October 17, 2003 at 8:32 AM (PDT)

I tried shutting down my zone alarm firewall but still can’t get into music store.

Posted by gear on October 17, 2003 at 9:02 AM (PDT)

I’ve encountered two problems so far:
1. The Windows version of iTune rips CD much much too slow
2. My iPod 30 kept hanging up.  It appears as a disk but iTune hangs while it says that update is in progress (I’m running XP on a Vaio)

Posted by Duy on October 17, 2003 at 9:20 AM (PDT)

Hey GEAR-

Zone Alarm works fine with Itunes Music Store on my system- I did go under programs and authorize ITUNES to have internet access though.

Posted by Fonz on October 17, 2003 at 9:48 AM (PDT)

I noticed what I think is an incompatibility with iTunes and iTrip.  When I synched my 2nd gen 10gb iPod up with iTunes, it transferred all of my songs and playlists without a problem, but it deleted my iTrip playlist, and I can’t seem to get it back.  The iTrip manual and website just talks about Musicmatch, so it must be an issue.  Anyone else having this problem?

Posted by davsug in Boston on October 17, 2003 at 10:11 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 7 pages  <  1 2 3 4 >  Last »