iTunes for Windows Forum Added | iLounge News

iTunes for Windows Forum Added

We recently added a iTunes sub-forum under our Windows forums. It’s already quite busy with over 15 topics.

iTunes for Windows Forum

« 2.1 Doesn’t Fix Gap Between Songs

Apple Posts New TV Spot »

Comments

Ok, so I have an Original Ipod (5GB) that I used between my mac (Itunes) and Windows (Xplay). Worked like a charm!!!!

I find out that Itunes is out for WIndows. I dl it and install it on my Windows XP Pro box. Plug my ipod in, Xplay reconizes it, Itunes doesn’t. I uninstall xplay and figure apple has got to be smart enough to write some kind of interface for the ipod to talk to Itunes thru windows, no go.

So now I go as far to reformat my ipod to Fat32, getting rid of MacFS on the ipod. Plug the ipod back in and Itunes see’s it, go figure. I have to go thru the process just like I did on my mac 3 years ago to name it, blah blah blah.

I copy my first song over Alice In Chains “Would”, what happens?!?!? I get the following error:

(Attempting to copy to disk “Anthony’s I” failed. An unknown error has occured (-69)

I really want this to work. THe only reason I used my Powerbook G4 500 is for my ipod and travel so that I have internet access.

Itunes for WIndows is great I think. It converted CD’s on the fly while listning to MP3’s at the same and hardly sucked any system resources.

But anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for any help,

Anthony

Posted by The Cobra-NYC on October 18, 2003 at 6:07 AM (PDT)

HELP!!!!  I installed iTunes and it worked perfectly….But, when I plugin my 30g ipod, it only shows ipod’s contents as artist and albums, not all the song titles…..  Anyone else out there?

Posted by Andy on October 18, 2003 at 8:28 AM (PDT)

Thanks All! I simply read this forum FIRST and the installed 2.1 updater, iTunes and uninstalled Anapod and MMJB on my Win XP Pro with a G3 30GB pod and couldn’t be happier. Your tips were perfect.

Posted by Jeff Thielen on October 18, 2003 at 9:22 AM (PDT)

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to convert my xml playlists from iTunes to .m3u playlists that I can use elsewhere? The more automated the solution, the better. Many thanks.

Posted by Jargo on October 18, 2003 at 9:37 AM (PDT)

The Corbra-NYC-
I got that msg to when uploading music when i told it to sync again it went on at bit more then i got msg again. Id like some help on this to.

Posted by Slinc on October 18, 2003 at 9:57 AM (PDT)

Ok. So I get it to work.  I take 4 hours to load about 200 songs into it.  Then today while I’m adding more songs I look on my Ipod and all my songs are gone!!!!!  How did this happen??  I didn’t delete them and I didn’t synch with the software so where did they go?  Damn.  The Ipod looks cool but for $425 with tax for the 20 gig. I’m getting ready to take it back.

Has anyone else had any problems with songs disappearing from their Ipods? Not only did my songs disappear but so did the folders I made to house them.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted by Goingtosmashmyipod on October 18, 2003 at 10:25 AM (PDT)

I had the same problem, the pod had a bad hd, finally died, I just picked up my replacement today and it rocks!  they didn’t have any 30gb ones, so they gave me a 40gb one!

Posted by don't smashiittakeitbackandgetanother on October 18, 2003 at 11:17 AM (PDT)

I installed itunes—Now all of my prexisting iPod software dosen’t work!

Review-#1 iTunes dosen’t accept MU3 playlist files. Required hours to recreate playlists in iTunes
#2 iTunes isn’t viewable full screen and is harder to use because of this.
#3 iTunes screwed up my system as far as iPod applications are concerned - even after uninstalling it! AND reinstalling my other iPod applications!
#4 iTunes will sync with my iPod all the playlists and corresponding songs. BUT if I only want some of my playlists synced and not others,  it has no provision for doing so!

overall a negative number on a scale of one to ten.

Posted by Johnhnhn on October 18, 2003 at 11:30 AM (PDT)

Ok…  I am a windows guy (WinXP box), but I love all things Mac, until I downloaded iTunes.  So far it has crashed EVERY time I try to look at the contents of my iPod (2.1 updater, 40GB iPod and only 426 songs).  It also crashes EVERY time I try to get all of my library into the application (iPod disconnected)

And to make matters worse I can no longer manage my music through musicmatch.  Its quite an unusual situation to be held hostage by Apple.  I wonder if Apple is jealous at all of the crappy software MS puts out and they are trying to level the playing field.  This software is not ready for primetime.  Now i just hope I can uninstall and get MM working again.

Posted by applecored on October 18, 2003 at 12:21 PM (PDT)

iTunes and the new iTrip 2 have the compatible problem.
iTrip 2 only can be installed with MusicMatch for PC.

Posted by utopia on October 18, 2003 at 12:23 PM (PDT)

I’m kind of glad to see someone else had the same problem.  But I already took back one.  This is the 2nd one in 2 days.  Maybe third time is the charm?  I definitely don’t want to spend tons of time and effort loading songs only to have them disappear again.  Thanks.

Posted by Goingtosmashmyipod on October 18, 2003 at 1:05 PM (PDT)

it’s the problem with firmware. I restored 2.0 it seems to work with musicmatch again, so i can sync iTrip.

Posted by utopia on October 18, 2003 at 1:10 PM (PDT)

I’m getting the -69 error too.  It will load about 5 songs on the playlist to the Ipod then will quit and give that error.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted by macsucks on October 18, 2003 at 1:45 PM (PDT)

Trired iTunes.  For several reasons I decided I like musicMatch better.  Uninstalled iTunes.  MM can not see my iPod now.  Bummer.  Tried doing a “restore” on the iPod.  Still no workie.  Is there a way to “completely” un-install what iTunes has done to my computer and or iPod?

Posted by Rob on October 18, 2003 at 2:13 PM (PDT)

iTunes is complete horse manure in its present form. Will wait until its has improved functionality in a numer of areas, including the blatant absence of super tagging. Only benefit observed was faster downloading of tracks to 3G IPOD, although this was only evident when the system did not crash. Can not multitask while running iTunes with P4 2GHZ system due to excessive CPU cycle usage.

Eagerly awaiting more efficient and comprehensive iTunes.

Best wishes,

Leonard

Posted by leonard on October 18, 2003 at 3:11 PM (PDT)

Is there any way to quickly edit the info besides track name? Pressing F2 lets you quick edit the track name, but I want to be able to rename albums, artists and all the other info that way as well without having to bring up the whole info window. Can this be done?

Posted by Andy on October 18, 2003 at 3:58 PM (PDT)

Has anyone downloaded itunes with a 56 k dialup . How long did it take you?
I gave up after 2 hours

Posted by joe on October 18, 2003 at 4:08 PM (PDT)

Slinc

I had the same problem on a second PC. I tried changing the “Import Using” from Edit > Preferences > Import tab to AAC, but it wasn’t in the drop down. Come to find out I had a corrupted quicktime install. Try installing QT, then verify AAC in preferences.

FOR

Posted by FOR on October 18, 2003 at 4:30 PM (PDT)

can change info easuly, select all items you want to change, then File, then Get info.  rom there, you can change Albums names, etc, on multiple items.

Posted by Andy on October 18, 2003 at 5:31 PM (PDT)

on 56k the download should take about 1 hour or less.

Posted by for andy on October 18, 2003 at 10:16 PM (PDT)

Page 4 of 7 pages « First  <  2 3 4 5 6 >  Last »