iTunes for Windows Forum Added | iLounge News

iTunes for Windows Forum Added

We recently added a iTunes sub-forum under our Windows forums. It’s already quite busy with over 15 topics.

iTunes for Windows Forum

« 2.1 Doesn’t Fix Gap Between Songs

Apple Posts New TV Spot »

Comments

Mac formatted iPod - Windows iTunes

I use both Mac and PC workstations.
For seamless porting of files between platforms I’ve formatted my iPod for use on MAC.

Using Macdrive enable me to read the MAC formatted Pod no probs and use Ephpod, anapod etc. Anyone been able to get a MAC iPod to work in Windows iTunes ?

On one PC all good with Macdrive and Windows iTunes on another totally no go. Receiving error messages etc.

THX for any suggestions.

josh

Posted by Josh on October 19, 2003 at 2:56 AM (CDT)

I have, I hope, a simple question. I have 6000+ songs within MMJB which I have only recently completly tagged using the excellent super tagging facilty. But since downloading Itunes 4.1 I realise all the original songs in My Music folder on my XP hard drive is still in the original untagged format and this appears the only source that Itunes will import music from unless I could somehow tranfer the tagged versions straight from my Ipod back into Itunes. Can anybody offer some suggestions please ?

Posted by Jag in UK on October 19, 2003 at 3:54 AM (CDT)

Thought I’d answer my own question from above.  In order to get MusicMatch syncing with my iPOD again after installing iTunes I had to reinstall MM from the original iPOD for windows CD.

Posted by Rob on October 19, 2003 at 7:26 AM (CDT)

For-
I get the drop down menu from importing but when i connect my ipod it says
Some of your songs were not copied to your ipod as ipod cannot play them. These are the songs in the acc format which it cannot put on my ipod.

Posted by Slinc on October 19, 2003 at 7:30 AM (CDT)

had Itunes for all of 2 hours, uninstalled it when it decided to rename all my carefully arranged MP3 files.

also it played around with the directories as well , gettign rid of any special letters it didn’t like (the ones with accents and lines through them and stuff)

back to winamp 2.91 and xplay

Posted by Gautam Bhatnagar on October 19, 2003 at 7:34 AM (CDT)

Do anyone know if the EQ preset in iTune gets sync with the iPod or not.

I have many songs with EQ preset.  But after syncing with my iPod, I don’t see the setting in the iPod when I play the songs.  The EQ setting on the iPod just stay the same.

Thanks for the help!
MM

Posted by JJ on October 19, 2003 at 9:29 AM (CDT)

I suggest everyone uses the new iTunes for Windows forum for ALL questions. Most likely your question will go unanswered here.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 19, 2003 at 9:31 AM (CDT)

Thanks Rob for the heads up on Getting rid of iTunes and getting MM up and running again.  I have been dreading that job.

Posted by Hub on October 19, 2003 at 10:27 AM (CDT)

My iPod is now dead…
1.Downloaded one song, error, song could not be transfered to iPod.
2.iPod now has no songs on it when I browse.
3.Downloaded latest iPod updater, updated iPod.
4.iPod won’t turn on…iPod not recognized by updater to restore…iPod won’t charge…iPod…..is…...DEAD….............................

Posted by jason on October 19, 2003 at 11:31 AM (CDT)

beat this! - itunes actually managed to mess up the ipod so that the artists aren’t always listed in alphabetical order! its really annoying, im gonna take pics and see if apple will send me a new ipod….prefferably 40gb….please…..

Posted by meatmcguffin on October 19, 2003 at 12:14 PM (CDT)

Downloaded and installed iTunes with high expectations. I have a 30GB Windows iPod and I run Windows XP. I have the following issues:

1. Somehow there are two iPod icons in the Source area of iTunes even though I only have one connected!
2. When iTunes tries to synchronize the iPod, it is busy for several seconds and then it crashes to the desktop (=disappears). This happens every time.
3.  Generally, iTunes is very sloooooooow in reaction.

I am now ready to go back to ephpod until Apples improves this. In my view a very poor release. Any help appreciated by the way, because I cannot longer update my iPod, iTunes crashes EVERY time!

Posted by jorgos on October 19, 2003 at 2:07 PM (CDT)

I installed iTunes the other day on an XP machine, and it installed like a dream. I then updated my 3G 30gig iPod with the 1.3 updater without a hitch.

I have to say I’m impressed. Everything just worked perfectly out of the box. I’ve found no nasty bugs, it seems to be a pretty solid application so far. Very nice, clean interface. It has the occasional “non-windows” feeling, but overall it’s very well though out. It’s a shame more windows apps are not like this.

I’ve been using MC9 up till now, and although iTunes isn’t quite as powerful as MC9, it has the features that matter, and not all the other clutter.

Synchronising works like a dream, ratings, playcounts, it’s all there!

The only gripe I have, and I’ve sent feedback to apple, is that although “Smart Playlists” are there and you can build a query on all of the ID3 tags, you can only have all ANDs or all ORs, not a mix of both. This is a bit rediculous and it severly limits it’s flexibility. I hope they will fix this before too long!

Posted by Jason T on October 19, 2003 at 2:12 PM (CDT)

Music store does not work for me.  I keep on getting the message:
“there is not enough memory available.  There was an error in the music store.  Please try again later”.

Does anyone have clarification on this issue?

Posted by Zipod on October 20, 2003 at 12:35 AM (CDT)

Sent Feedback to Apple.  Itunes transfer system to Ipod sucks!  The way it transfers files to the ipod is not efficient and it causes the seek times on the Ipod to go way up!  The result is that the hard drive constantly thrashes and the ipod skips over songs occaisionally.  Very poor.  Avoid Itunes if you don’t want skipping tracks.

Posted by Patrick on October 20, 2003 at 1:57 AM (CDT)

Zipod - search the forums. Someone disabled his proxy to get around that issue.

Posted by Chris Matchett on October 20, 2003 at 6:51 AM (CDT)

Wotk fine

Posted by K on October 20, 2003 at 8:37 AM (CDT)

Buy a Mac.

Posted by Luke B on October 20, 2003 at 10:53 AM (CDT)

I encounter probs when I buy music from iTunes.  It says it syncs automatically, but I have to drag and drop them into my iPod, what gives.  I have a 30G running on Windows.  I also have Anapod and I got rid of that file they said I didn’t need, but looks like I might now that I have iTunes… guess its on the CD that came with the iPod. Any suggestions?

Posted by EMac on October 20, 2003 at 11:28 AM (CDT)

iTunes did not take your tags, there were never there in the first place.  Many windows players store tags in a separate file and not in the audio file as iTunes does. You will find that importing correctly encoded material will import the tags.

Posted by Paul on October 20, 2003 at 11:36 AM (CDT)

My windows xp 3g Ipod used up 20g of space at average length songs 1350.
My old mac 10g Ipod using 9g 2230 songs.

How come it took 20g for 1350 songs
and only 9g in the 10g old Ipod for 2230 songs

Anyone have this or see this?
Thanks

Posted by Geoff on October 20, 2003 at 1:31 PM (CDT)

Page 5 of 7 pages ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >

Please enter the word you see in the image below: