iTunes for Windows next week? | iLounge News

iTunes for Windows next week?

MacMinute reported that in today’s Yahoo In Play financial news that a Wall Street Journal column suggests the possibilty of iTunes for Windows being launched as early as next week.

“The Wall Street Journal’s “Heard on the Street” column suggests AAPL’s iTunes music store is not necessarily a moneymaker. When the co originally introduced the store to the public, Apple’s shares quickly skyrocketed from a 52-week low of around $13 to more than $20. The article suggests a repeat performance may be in the works as the co introduces the product to a wider audience next week.”

« iPods selling at Robinsons May stores

NYT: For Venus and Mars, a Midpoint in Design »

Comments

Cool, We’ve been waiting too long for this to happen.

GO APPLE!

Posted by iPodfreak17 on October 9, 2003 at 4:50 AM (PDT)

The second I get iTunes I will be uninstalling Musicmatch and Ephpod

Posted by Weasel on October 9, 2003 at 7:04 AM (PDT)

I hear that!

Posted by Ipod6 on October 9, 2003 at 7:07 AM (PDT)

Will Itunes be free for al Ipod owners?

Posted by Mario Mejia on October 9, 2003 at 7:07 AM (PDT)

I am still waiting for the updated software for 2nd gen Ipods!  Until then I will not buy 1 song from Apple.

Posted by Ipodder on October 9, 2003 at 7:08 AM (PDT)

It stands to reason that it’d be free, since the OS X version was. Apple would be pretty dumb not to make it free. They’ve got a huge market potential here.

Posted by steeef on October 9, 2003 at 9:38 AM (PDT)

I hope they wise up and add a monthly streaming option to iTMS. I use both Rhapsody and iTunes and while I’ve bought a bunch of music on iTTMS, the selection is rather narrow and it is *expensive*. I find now I am buying only one or two songs a month from the iTMS, but I am paying Rhapsody their $10 to stream any of the 300K songs I want. Needless to say, I can record the songs I stream into mp3 (but this is outside of Rhapsody’s user agreement!).

Posted by Rhapsody on October 9, 2003 at 9:44 AM (PDT)

The streaming thing would be nice too,but Rhapsody is a little cumbersome to navigate,and not all of the stuff is available for purchase. So right now,I’m chomping at the bit waiting for WinTunes. I’ve checked out the other sites,and for the most part,it seems like they went out of their way to make them as difficult as possible to use-especially if you own an Ipod. I can also say with absolute certainty,that after dealing with MM for Ipod,I’m not f@*^ing around with it,because I would have to spend additional money to upgrade to 8.1 to get the features in 7.5,re-rip everything to MP3 from WMA,and lose two days out of my life trying to get it to properly sync with Ipod. C’mon Apple…Hurry Up!

Posted by Christianicononev.2 on October 10, 2003 at 6:37 AM (PDT)