iTunes improvement poll ends, Fall 2008 iPod poll begins
With more than 3,800 votes from iLounge readers, our latest iLounge poll — “What possible feature/improvement would you most like to see in the next version of iTunes?” — has ended. Readers could pick from more DRM-free music for the iTunes Store, a music subscription service, a digital book download service, a way to handle device syncing outside of iTunes, speed/performance or other improvements, or say they think iTunes is fine the way it is.
Most readers either wanted more DRM-free music in the iTunes Store or speed/performance improvements to iTunes, as these two options dominated all others with 27% and 25% of the vote, respectively. 15% of respondents wanted an iTunes music subscription service, 13% would like a way to sync their devices outside of iTunes, and 8% would like to see various other improvements. Only 6% of readers said they’d like to see iTunes offer a digital book download service, while an equal percentage said they thought iTunes was fine the way it is. Thanks for your responses!
The new poll focuses on Apple’s newly-announced Fall 2008 iPod family. We’d like to know: What’s your reaction to the new offerings? Are you already planning on purchasing one of the new models, or just thinking about it? Or do you like them, but just not enough to buy one? Do you think Apple needed to do more to make upgrading worthwhile, do you think they completely dropped the ball with this family of iPods, or do you not have an opinion either way? Our latest poll, “What’s your reaction to the new 2008 iPods?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- More details emerge on Apple Music overhaul
- iPhone tops Time’s list of most influential gadgets
- Kohl’s integrates rewards system with Apple Pay
- Apple hires ex-Nest exec to aid in health initiatives
- Apple loses exclusive ‘iPhone’ trademark in China
- Apple to reveal ‘sweeping changes’ to Apple Music interface at WWDC
- Apple releases fourth developer betas for iOS 9.3.2, tvOS 9.2.1
- Bowers & Wilkins acquired by EVA Automation
- India rejects Apple’s plan to sell used iPhones
- Rumor: Purported iPhone 7 component photo shows headphone jack intact
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with HomeKit support
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini 4
- Brydge BrydgeMini II Keyboard for iPad mini 4
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)