iTunes improvement poll ends, Fall 2008 iPod poll begins
Published: Thursday, September 11, 2008
News Categories: Site News
With more than 3,800 votes from iLounge readers, our latest iLounge poll — “What possible feature/improvement would you most like to see in the next version of iTunes?” — has ended. Readers could pick from more DRM-free music for the iTunes Store, a music subscription service, a digital book download service, a way to handle device syncing outside of iTunes, speed/performance or other improvements, or say they think iTunes is fine the way it is.
Most readers either wanted more DRM-free music in the iTunes Store or speed/performance improvements to iTunes, as these two options dominated all others with 27% and 25% of the vote, respectively. 15% of respondents wanted an iTunes music subscription service, 13% would like a way to sync their devices outside of iTunes, and 8% would like to see various other improvements. Only 6% of readers said they’d like to see iTunes offer a digital book download service, while an equal percentage said they thought iTunes was fine the way it is. Thanks for your responses!
The new poll focuses on Apple’s newly-announced Fall 2008 iPod family. We’d like to know: What’s your reaction to the new offerings? Are you already planning on purchasing one of the new models, or just thinking about it? Or do you like them, but just not enough to buy one? Do you think Apple needed to do more to make upgrading worthwhile, do you think they completely dropped the ball with this family of iPods, or do you not have an opinion either way? Our latest poll, “What’s your reaction to the new 2008 iPods?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Prong debuts Prong PWR Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Google covering some Samsung defense costs in Apple case
- Changes introduced to Apple’s app content rating system
- iOS 7.1.1 makes in-app purchases clear in Top Grossing chart
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.1
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac