iTunes/iPhone Problem poll ends, MobileMe poll begins
With over 3,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest iLounge poll — “Are you having stability problems with iTunes 7.7, iPhone OS 2.0, or Apple TV 2.1” — has ended. Readers were given choices between issues with one, all three, or combinations of two of the products, along with an option to say that everything was running smoothly.
Over 60% of readers reported problems with at least one of the recent software releases, with the largest percentage (31%) saying they were having trouble with iPhone OS 2.0 only. Another 13% of readers said they were having trouble with both iPhone OS 2.0 and iTunes 7.7, while 12% said they were having trouble with iTunes 7.7 only. A small number of readers (4%) said they were having trouble with all three products, while less than 2% reported problems with Apple TV 2.1, or Apple TV 2.1 and iTunes 7.7, most likely owing to the small number of Apple TV users, or less serious issues. Finally, 39% of readers said that everything was running smoothly.
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s $99/year MobileMe service, which was launched alongside the iPhone 3G, iTunes 7.7, and iPhone OS 2.0, promising to synchronize a Mac or PC’s e-mail, contacts, calendars, and photographs for iPhone and iPod touch users. We’d like to know if the service interests you, and if so, why? Does MobileMe appeal primarily to your needs as a Mac or PC user, as an iPhone or iPod touch user, or for some other reason? Or are you not interested, either due to the recent service problems, because you can’t see yourself paying for it, or another issue? The new poll, “Does Apple’s $99 MobileMe service interest you?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?