iTunes/iPhone Problem poll ends, MobileMe poll begins
With over 3,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest iLounge poll — “Are you having stability problems with iTunes 7.7, iPhone OS 2.0, or Apple TV 2.1” — has ended. Readers were given choices between issues with one, all three, or combinations of two of the products, along with an option to say that everything was running smoothly.
Over 60% of readers reported problems with at least one of the recent software releases, with the largest percentage (31%) saying they were having trouble with iPhone OS 2.0 only. Another 13% of readers said they were having trouble with both iPhone OS 2.0 and iTunes 7.7, while 12% said they were having trouble with iTunes 7.7 only. A small number of readers (4%) said they were having trouble with all three products, while less than 2% reported problems with Apple TV 2.1, or Apple TV 2.1 and iTunes 7.7, most likely owing to the small number of Apple TV users, or less serious issues. Finally, 39% of readers said that everything was running smoothly.
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s $99/year MobileMe service, which was launched alongside the iPhone 3G, iTunes 7.7, and iPhone OS 2.0, promising to synchronize a Mac or PC’s e-mail, contacts, calendars, and photographs for iPhone and iPod touch users. We’d like to know if the service interests you, and if so, why? Does MobileMe appeal primarily to your needs as a Mac or PC user, as an iPhone or iPod touch user, or for some other reason? Or are you not interested, either due to the recent service problems, because you can’t see yourself paying for it, or another issue? The new poll, “Does Apple’s $99 MobileMe service interest you?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Apple offering hands-on demos of Super Mario Run in stores
- Report: Apple pursuing studio agreements for early movie rentals
- Apple releases seventh beta of iOS 10.2 to developers
- Apple makes its picks for best iPhone, iPad and Apple TV apps of 2016
- Apple acknowledges Apple Music now includes ‘all the benefits of iTunes Match’
- Apple Music tops 20 million subscribers
- Apple blames ‘external factors’ for iPhone fires in China
- Rumor: 2017 iPhones won’t include glass chassis or wireless charging; will add red color
- Top Apple supplier Foxconn planning U.S. investment
- Apple enables Single Sign-On across all iOS 10 and tvOS 10 devices
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Sen.se GuardPeanut
- iHome iZBT10 Zenergy Bedside Sleep Therapy Speaker
- Twelve South HiRise Duet for Apple Watch and iPhone
- IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor
- JBL Under Armour Sport Wireless Heart Rate Headphones
- Edifier e235 Luna E Speaker System
- Clamcase ClamCase+ for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10