iTunes Music Store coming to Denmark | iLounge News

iTunes Music Store coming to Denmark

“When Apple unveils the Danish version of its successful online music shop, iTunes, this October, the company will already be bracing for stiff competition from IT giant Microsoft. Just a few days before the grand opening of iTunes, Microsoft will debut its own music download site, MSN Music.

Music industry insiders have long been aware that Microsoft was planning a rival online service, but Microsoft has kept the specifics tightly under wraps.”

« iPod mini sells out in Taiwan

Foofpods: A different kind of iPod case »

Comments

Ok so now we have Denmark but still no Canada!!!

Hello we’re right here above you!

Posted by LSC on August 9, 2004 at 10:23 AM (PDT)

I was thinking the same thing, the US, the all these European countries… I mean, how much harder would it be to add Canada. It’s practically America.

Posted by John on August 9, 2004 at 10:27 AM (PDT)

Reading the article I found this confusing line;
“Since Apple launched its American music shop one year ago, music fans have bought and downloaded ‘more than 100 songs’ from the Internet.”

Wow, must be some expensive songs if iTunes is doing so great smile

Posted by Lemony on August 9, 2004 at 10:36 AM (PDT)

Wut does it matter, Your in Canada, either use the US version, or the French version.

Posted by SUMGUY on August 9, 2004 at 12:26 PM (PDT)

uhhh, you need either an american, french, british or german [and soon to be dutch] mail address to sign up.

Posted by Harrison in Melbourne, Australia on August 9, 2004 at 1:04 PM (PDT)

Apple is at the mercy of the people who own the rights to the music, which vary from country to country.

I’m sure Canada, which should be a bigger market than Denmark, would have been a higher priority.

Posted by wco81 on August 9, 2004 at 2:24 PM (PDT)

there no laws against illegal p2p downloading in Canada, try kazaa is cheaper that way smile

Posted by Brayeta on August 9, 2004 at 2:39 PM (PDT)

From the press-release in June on iTunes UK, France & Germany:

“Apple also today announced that it will launch a European Union version of the iTunes Music Store in October of this year.”

Posted by mikaelf on August 9, 2004 at 4:21 PM (PDT)

I’m in Canada, I want an iTunes store too, but I have the feeling that many people are tired to see us whining about it.

Yet since we are at it.
There are copyright laws in Canada that could be applied to downloading of pirated music material. One court ruling implied that only uploading or serving pirated music would be illegal but many analysts are saying that this could be easily broken by any real court case that would include the labels as plaintiffs. The labels here seem to have adopted a soft approach to p2p downloading, unlike the RIAA.

Anyway even if it was legal, it wouldn’t make it right. How about asking your favorite artist if it’s ok not to pay for his/her music?

As for myself I’m not for any kind of represive approach, but when I can I try to make my friends realise the importance and the simple logic of respecting the artists they love by paying for their art.

Posted by Zippy on August 9, 2004 at 7:42 PM (PDT)

I live in Denmark and cant wait, i bouhgt an Ipod just for this :-D

But then again, i dont know why they are so slow, beat up the record company and release the itms fast, im puzzeled about Canada is missing, but then it is another country just like denmark is.

Posted by Dennis Enøe on August 10, 2004 at 1:00 AM (PDT)

i live in denmark to!
hejsa Dennis! hvor er du fra?

i bought an Ipod like 2 months ago and now it cant recharge anymore! can it be swapped for a 4g?

Posted by August Grube With on August 10, 2004 at 3:09 AM (PDT)

August: jeg gemmer mig i København :-D

IS it you that postet about that problem on mediamac.dk? if so, call Apple support, they will send UPS to pick up your Ipod and repair it fast.

Posted by Dennis Enøe on August 10, 2004 at 4:11 AM (PDT)

Honestly, a CD is a better deal.  I live in Canada, and I listen to the 30s previews in iTMS, but then off to the store or WinMX I go… and usually spend $12-13 CDN on an entire album…

The quality I am not too worried about (128k - 160k is probably good enough for me), but what irks me is the silly DRM that forces me to either keep a computer built in 2008 running Windows Longhorn.  You need a machine to house your music collection for the rest of my life, because you can’t copy the songs to more than 5 computers… without a lot of work.

Posted by John on August 10, 2004 at 4:18 AM (PDT)

Jo det var sku mig!
men jeg har fikset min pod nu!
jeg havde ikke resettet den!
LOL
Jeg er fra en lille by i Nordsjælland kaldet Vejby!

Posted by August Grube With on August 10, 2004 at 4:56 AM (PDT)

Dejlig at se dansk herinde… wink

I’m danish too.. Can’t wait to see this thing happen.. O know where alot of my money will go now… wink

Posted by Vantage on August 10, 2004 at 5:13 AM (PDT)

Osse mig den der Føtex butik går mig lidt på...alle de goe sange er i WMA format.

Woohoo finally. I will have waited a year when it arrives

Posted by maddMorten on August 10, 2004 at 5:30 AM (PDT)

wow. MS’s music service will be available in 134 countries when it becomes active. That is serious competition.

Posted by Starboard on August 10, 2004 at 6:08 AM (PDT)

What the HELL man? What about Canada? The paid music services here SUCK! C’mon Apple, we’re just a hop skip and a jump away…..

GRRRRRR!!

Posted by ah ME mon on August 10, 2004 at 7:46 AM (PDT)

I hope iTMS for Canada and Australia aren’t too far away.

Posted by WiggerWiga on August 10, 2004 at 12:56 PM (PDT)

The Danes can even use hymn legally. Denmark isn’t some ###### up country where it’s illegal to decrypt files you OWN (yes, according to Steve Jobs you own the files bought from iTMS).

Posted by Anja on August 10, 2004 at 4:15 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >