iTunes named “Best Download Music Service” | iLounge News

iTunes named “Best Download Music Service”

The Broadband from BT Digital Music Awards 2004 has awarded the iTunes Music Store “Best Download Music Service.” iTunes beat competitors Napster, Sony Connect, MyCokeMusic and KarmaDownload for the award.

« iPod may be in short supply for Christmas

UK iPod repair service launches »

Comments

Duh. That’s like naming Jesus the best Savior of all time.

.narco

Posted by narco in Burbank on October 20, 2004 at 7:47 AM (PDT)

Exactly!

Posted by Big Sid on October 20, 2004 at 8:33 AM (PDT)

ROFL narco!  That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard in awhile, thank you.

Posted by schiano on October 20, 2004 at 9:40 AM (PDT)

you people at ipodlounge should start banning people for replyes like that im just getting tired to see that this kind of behavior turning more common here.

Posted by Brayeta on October 20, 2004 at 10:10 AM (PDT)

or just disable news comments altogether. i rarely find useful/informative information in the comments just complaining or negative and unnecessary comments.

Posted by kainjow on October 20, 2004 at 10:20 AM (PDT)

they’re lucky allofmp3.com wasn’t up there. itunes doesn’t even compare.

Posted by lucky on October 20, 2004 at 10:40 AM (PDT)

I’m going tonight to play basketball at 6:30 then I’ll be home by 8 to watch the Boston Red Sox beat the Yankees and go to the World Series

Posted by Patrick on October 20, 2004 at 10:58 AM (PDT)

I like bacon.

Posted by The Dude on October 20, 2004 at 11:11 AM (PDT)

Right on Patrick!

Posted by jbaker12 on October 20, 2004 at 11:32 AM (PDT)

you really can’t beat the value of allofmp3.com

Posted by serge on October 20, 2004 at 12:12 PM (PDT)

I’m 18 and even I’m tired of seeing all of these childish comments.  I do however like reading comments because It allows a place to talk about the subject matter and get info or explain something to someone else.

Posted by Jonathan on October 20, 2004 at 3:13 PM (PDT)

You cannot have a ‘utopian’ community, period.  You’ll always have childish comments.

Regardless, I don’t think the initial post was even childish—maybe my reply was, idk.

Banning one person for childish comments might help in the short term.  In the long term, yet another person will come along.

Believe me, I deal with it everyday at my site.

Posted by Schiano on October 20, 2004 at 4:00 PM (PDT)

I sang with Bigfoot.

Robert Goulet

Posted by Robert Goulet in Las Vegas on October 20, 2004 at 4:06 PM (PDT)

i hate that big footed missing link alway playing behind fog or unfocused cameras

Posted by Zer0cool in Cold City AntArctica on October 20, 2004 at 4:21 PM (PDT)

I made the first comment and I am 25 years old, college graduate and own my own successful design company. Is all that relevant? Not really. Was the comment childish? I didn’t think so. I was just trying to say that iTunes is obviously going to be the top rated without saying it so blandly.

Now if I were to say “iTooonz iZ de FAShheezzie, sCrewW mIcRo$uxor”, then THAT, my friends, would have been childish.

.narco

Posted by narco in Burbank on October 20, 2004 at 5:10 PM (PDT)

narco.

You alright in my book, some people just dont get a good laugh. I was giggling about it all day…

and yes I agree that iTunes is obviously at the top. It does not take a Savior to even know that…

Zardoz

Posted by Zardoz in Austin TX on October 20, 2004 at 5:23 PM (PDT)

the bad thing is, if you would have said “iTooonz iZ de FAShheezzie, sCrewW mIcRo$uxor”, you prob would have been applauded

Posted by dont get ban happy on October 20, 2004 at 6:08 PM (PDT)

i think narco’s comment was fine i’m just thinking generally at this site when some weird news item comes out people are like “that’s not news!” and get upset about stupid things and then have to tell others about it. keep childish, irrelevent, unappropriate comments to yourself, but informative/useful/clever(appropriate) comments are always welcomed. smile

Posted by kainjow on October 20, 2004 at 6:23 PM (PDT)

Narco, you rock. That comment was insightful and thought-provoking. Keep on being awesome.

Posted by Steve on October 20, 2004 at 10:34 PM (PDT)

When I hear people whining about sacriliege I ask myself “What Would Krisha Do”?

Answer: probably grin, defeat evil, then die, get reborn, and go chase some maidens.

It’s nice to have a fun-loving saviour.

Posted by WWKD on October 21, 2004 at 4:28 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >