iTunes Pepsi bottles coming to Los Angeles | iLounge News

iTunes Pepsi bottles coming to Los Angeles

“Specially marked bottles of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Sierra Mist offer free download codes in bottle caps. But they arrived in New York last week, four weeks after 90 million viewers saw the Super Bowl ad. The bottles have yet to show up in Los Angeles, the nation’s second-largest media market, and won’t get there until mid-March, Pepsi says.

‘You can’t spike sales in February if the bottles aren’t there,’ says Charles Wolf, an analyst with Wall Street research firm Needham & Co. ‘My guess is there’s going to be a sales increase, but a month later than expected.’”

« It’s true - there are iPod Zombies in NY

Take apart an iPod mini for its Microdrive »

Comments

FINALLY! I thought living in LA would make me one of the first people to get one. I’ve just been going to 7-11. $1.09 for 32oz and you can drink Coke.

Posted by narco in Burbank on March 4, 2004 at 6:44 AM (PDT)

LAWSUIT!  :b

‘bout freakin time.

Posted by req on March 4, 2004 at 7:07 AM (PDT)

They are here in Seattle. Not all over the place. Not at Target (as of a few days ago). But a few deli places have them. I’ve won two songs.

Posted by Sabon on March 4, 2004 at 7:51 AM (PDT)

The iTunes caps just arrived here in St. Louis earlier in the week.  Same with the iTunes cups at 7-11.  Gotta love being able to fill ‘em with Coke and still get the shot at a song!

Posted by Mike on March 4, 2004 at 8:36 AM (PDT)

Why do they even bother? The promo period ends March 31st. That’s around 2 weeks for them to be on the shelves. They’re going to have a huge overstock of those bottles on April 1st.

The thing is, this was announced last november. They’ve had time to prepare for the promo. Pepsi really messed up. 1.5 months of sales that they’ve missed out on.

I wonder if the delay also hurts Apple. I’ve been holding off on buying anything from iTMS. Just in case I do win, I’d want to have songs to redeem. I’m betting that I’m not the only one doing that.

Posted by Starboard on March 4, 2004 at 11:16 AM (PDT)

i was super hyped about this promo ever since it was first rumored because i drink pepsi like water.  however, i live in san diego, apparently part of the L.A. market (because i can’t find any %$^# bottles!)and i’m just extremely let down by the way the promo has gone down.  pepsi really disappointed on this one.  one good bit of news is redemption deadline is 4/30.

. PROMOTION PERIOD: The iTunes promotion period begins 12:00:00 a.m. EST 2/1/04 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. EST on 3/31/04, or when supplies of specially marked packages have been exhausted, whichever comes first (the “Promotion Period”). All iTunes download prizes must be redeemed by, 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on 4/30/04 (“Redemption Deadline”).

Posted by me oh my oh on March 4, 2004 at 9:03 PM (PDT)

I feel bad for Californians.  I have 23 winning caps since the promotion started.  I drink Diet Pepsi, so the music has just been a bonus.

Posted by schaaking in Minneapolis on March 5, 2004 at 6:19 AM (PDT)

OH, I live in Minnesota!

Posted by schaaking in Minneapolis on March 5, 2004 at 6:19 AM (PDT)

>>“redemption deadline is 4/30”

I’m not sure that means what you think. I think the deadline for entering the code into iTMS is still 3/31. You just don’t have to buy songs with those credits until 4/30. I could be wrong though.

but just in case, we should all bombard Apple with petition to extend the promotion.

Posted by Starboard on March 5, 2004 at 7:40 AM (PDT)

let’s start a petition.

Posted by bask0g in san diego on March 5, 2004 at 8:54 AM (PDT)

No luck from 7-11 in L.A..
I’ve been drinking 32oz cups for the pass 2 weeks , I had 10 of them, none are winners, what happen to the 1 in 3 odds????

Posted by High5 on March 5, 2004 at 10:26 AM (PDT)

Same luck here with the 7-11 cups in LA. I’ve bought 7 of them, and none are winners!
If the odds are 1 in 3 are winners, then getting 7 or 10 with no winners seems pretty suspicious…

Posted by elbaso on March 8, 2004 at 4:37 PM (PDT)

i live in orange county and i’ve been going to 7-11 almost daily. they have the slurpee/soda cups, and i bought one and didn’t win. i also drink diet pepsi like water, 4-5 cans a day, and i haven’t spent a dime at iTunes. i was hoping to win a couple of songs to try it out.

Posted by robot brian on March 9, 2004 at 11:25 PM (PDT)

Don’t waste your $$$ on the 32oz cups, is a sure loser. I would like to hear from anyone from So. Cal who actually win from this 7-11 cups. Anyone???

Posted by High5 on March 10, 2004 at 11:36 AM (PDT)