iTunes releases ‘Best of 2007’ lists
The iTunes Store has posted a number of new “Best of 2007” lists, showcasing top selling items and editor’s picks in music and TV shows. Among the lists are iTunes’ top selling albums and songs of 2007. Topping the album list is Maroon 5’s sophomore album, “It Won’t Be Soon Before Long,” followed by Kanye West’s “Graduation” and Amy Winehouse’s sophomore effort “Back to Black.” Both Winehouse and West were recently nominated for multiple Grammy awards for their work. “Daughtry,” the self-titled debut from “American Idol” finalist Chris Daughtry, and “Coco” by newcomer Colbie Caillat came in as the fourth and fifth best selling albums, respectively. In single sales, Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas’ “Big Girls Don’t Cry” was the top-selling single of 2007 on iTunes, with Kanye West’s “Stronger” coming in second. “Crank That” by Soulja Boy Tell ‘Em was the third best selling single of the year, followed by the Plain White T’s “Hey There Delilah” in fourth, and Gwen Stefani’s “The Sweet Escape” rounding out the top five.
- iTunes music sales down at least 13 percent worldwide
- Apple working to cut music subscription prices
- Apple formally debuts iTunes 12 after three months of betas
- U2’s Bono apologizes for automatic iTunes album download
- Apple releases another iTunes 12 beta
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Cook discusses Apple Pay, Watch, iPod classic at WSJD Live
- Apple TV adds Hallmark’s Feeln and A&E’s FYI channels
- Fitbit announces Charge, Charge HR + Surge health and fitness trackers
- Apple looking to expand NFC use beyond Apple Pay
- Some U.S. retailers disabling Apple Pay in favor of other services?
- AT&T locks Apple SIM cards upon activation in iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0