iTunes releases ‘Best of 2007’ lists
The iTunes Store has posted a number of new “Best of 2007” lists, showcasing top selling items and editor’s picks in music and TV shows. Among the lists are iTunes’ top selling albums and songs of 2007. Topping the album list is Maroon 5’s sophomore album, “It Won’t Be Soon Before Long,” followed by Kanye West’s “Graduation” and Amy Winehouse’s sophomore effort “Back to Black.” Both Winehouse and West were recently nominated for multiple Grammy awards for their work. “Daughtry,” the self-titled debut from “American Idol” finalist Chris Daughtry, and “Coco” by newcomer Colbie Caillat came in as the fourth and fifth best selling albums, respectively. In single sales, Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas’ “Big Girls Don’t Cry” was the top-selling single of 2007 on iTunes, with Kanye West’s “Stronger” coming in second. “Crank That” by Soulja Boy Tell ‘Em was the third best selling single of the year, followed by the Plain White T’s “Hey There Delilah” in fourth, and Gwen Stefani’s “The Sweet Escape” rounding out the top five.
- iTunes Festival channel returns to Apple TV
- Apple releases new iTunes 12 beta
- Apple honors Robin Williams with webpage, iTunes section
- Apple releases iTunes 11.3.1
- iTunes 12 makes its first appearance with iOS-style design
- Eighth annual iTunes Festival announced
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today