iTunes users experience downloading issues | iLounge News

iTunes users experience downloading issues

Many iTunes users are reporting a growing problem involving purchases from the iTunes Store. According to messages from iLounge readers and user reports on Apple’s support website, customers are purchasing, and paying for, songs that refuse to download. When users try to select “Check for Purchases”, they receive an error message stating “Unable to check for purchases. iTunes Store unavailable. Please try again later.” At least three separate threads on Apple’s Discussion Boards document the issues. The problem appears to be widespread, with similar issues being reported by users of the iTunes Store in Canada, the UK, Germany, Austria, and Finland, as well as the US. Apple has yet to make any official statement regarding the issue. [Thanks, Rafael]

« Mix: Ringtones, Cirrus Logic, HTC, SendStation

Apple offers 30-day trial of One to One with iPhone »

Comments

I have also had the same problem. I have only had this problem with the upgrade to the drm free music.

Posted by chris68rt on September 13, 2007 at 5:01 PM (CDT)

I, too, am in download limbo. I have 78 items waiting to download. I get error (-222), and no help from Apple. This is not my first unresolved issue. I have a few songs I bought a year or so ago, on a previous Mac, that will not play. If I try to play any of them I get a window asking to authorize this Mac to play them. I put in my ID and password, and the box goes away, but the songs still will not play. I get the Authorize box again. I have asked Apple repeatedly about these songs, and have gotten no resolution. They treat me like I am stupid. I know I bought them because they are on my machine, I only have one iTunes ID. This machine is authorized for that account. Something is wrong with the files, not me. I also have some phantom downloads that re-appear each time I start iTunes (When the download purchased items thing was working). These files are from an album I tried to purchase long ago, that never downloaded. After much fussing at that time, Apple removed the album from my account AND the store, and refunded my money. But They still keep trying to download, and displaying multiple error popups that I have to keep dismissing until each song fails. What a pain.

APPLE. FIX THIS SHIT!!!!

Posted by PMSG on September 13, 2007 at 5:34 PM (CDT)

I had issues purchasing an album from UK store, first it said my card
had expired… it hasn’t, and then it kept telling me I couldn’t
download the album with no explanation why. Tried 30 later seemed to work fine, I assumed it was just me.

Posted by Liam on September 13, 2007 at 8:59 PM (CDT)

As of about an hour ago, many users who were experincing problems with purchases from Tuesday are now seeing their purchases download:

Posted by Andy Zmolek on September 13, 2007 at 9:32 PM (CDT)

[Corrected link]

Posted by Andy Zmolek on September 13, 2007 at 9:36 PM (CDT)

i have about 74 waiting to Download im going on day 3 day

Posted by jason mowry on September 13, 2007 at 11:38 PM (CDT)

Fixed!

Thanks, Apple.

Posted by Bruce Barber on September 14, 2007 at 7:09 AM (CDT)

Mine still isn’t fixed.  I’ve been waiting about 36 hours.

Posted by Chad Hensley on September 16, 2007 at 4:42 PM (CDT)

Won’t be long and iTunes will be gone…just like the iPod- bye bye Apple as Universal Music is dissing on Jobs cuz they are starting Total Music Inc. that will put iTunes & iPods out of business so don’t worry iTunes users, it won’t be long now and you will not be able to download anything from iTunes :-)

Posted by luvwknd on October 17, 2007 at 2:46 PM (CDT)

@luvwknd Here it is 2011 and iTunes is stronger than ever. :P

On the other side of this, the problem still exists. :/

Posted by SpindlyMan on June 6, 2011 at 6:58 PM (CDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2