iTunes users having App updating difficulties? | iLounge News

iTunes users having App updating difficulties?

A number of iTunes users, including at least one iLounge editor, are reporting difficulties with updating iPhone and iPod touch applications through iTunes. Reports indicate that the users are able to find and download the updates directly from their devices, but when they check iTunes for updates, it reports that none are available. Users in Germany, Australia, and Canada have reported the problem; however, iLounge’s U.S. based editors have not seen similar difficulties, suggesting that the problem may lie with international iTunes Stores.

« Parrot unveils Starck-designed Zikmu wireless speakers

Mix: Imagination, Rolando, iFrogz sale, 12 Days »

Comments

Mexico appstore have the same problem

Posted by Barusch Benitez on December 18, 2008 at 12:05 PM (PDT)

I’ve had this problem for a while now, but I thought it was just me. I live in the U.S. too, so perhaps the problem is here.

Posted by David on December 18, 2008 at 12:19 PM (PDT)

Canada checking in. Ditto.

Posted by Warren Piece on December 18, 2008 at 12:19 PM (PDT)

By the way, I think it started after I used my second computer to check for updates. That could just be a coincidence now.

In iTunes it says there are updates available in the little sidebar bubble and update link text, but I can’t get them to show up on the upgrade screen. Updates on the iPhone work, but sometimes I get a message saying that the updates had been downloaded on iTunes (though the update still happens on the phone).

Posted by David on December 18, 2008 at 12:22 PM (PDT)

I had that problem a month ago, but since then, update has worked perfectly - including this morning.

Posted by Dale Reeck on December 18, 2008 at 12:36 PM (PDT)

I’ve had this issue numerous times. I live in the US. Seems to be worse with the latest iTunes version.

Posted by Rich on December 18, 2008 at 12:55 PM (PDT)

I have the same problem in Japan and Taiwan iTunes Store.
My iTunes version is 8.0.2.

Posted by KuoChuan on December 18, 2008 at 7:40 PM (PDT)

Is this a problem related to having multiple iTunes accounts? That can cause issues.

Posted by D4E on December 18, 2008 at 9:02 PM (PDT)

Same problem here. US iTunes account.  After a reset it worked once again.  But now no updates at all.  Even after a reboot.

Posted by Dirk on December 18, 2008 at 10:32 PM (PDT)

Hi, some input from Germany here. I have problems with iTunes since the new version arrived and right: they do happen in the Update Area for Appstore applications. Effect: It correctly lists available updates, but once you try to download them the Downloads Area isnt able to connect. Solved this problem by stopping the individual downloads with the pause button (to the right of each download entry), and then clicking the button again for refresh. This always worked for me. It happens quite often since new iTunes arrived.

Posted by marinesetwas on December 19, 2008 at 1:19 AM (PDT)

I was wondering why I wasn’t getting any updates - not in iTunes OR on the iPhone.

After reading the comments I tried removing 2 apps that I had purchased on an iTunes account (where I had some gift card credits) other than my main account.

And lo and behold - 11 updates waiting for me!!!

It seems that while you can have updates from multiple accounts installed on you iPhone it will mess up the update function.

Posted by Peter on December 19, 2008 at 3:50 AM (PDT)

same here, dutch (netherlands) store.

Posted by Rick on December 20, 2008 at 12:40 PM (PDT)

I also have this problem with itunes- just happened tonight. I can see I have updates but I cannot access/download them. I am also located in the US so it must be related to an issue in the software that is not region specific. Apple is pretty good about updating and fixes so I suppose we shall see what happens.

Posted by Malkuth on December 21, 2008 at 6:57 PM (PDT)