iTunes vs. other vendors poll ends, iPhone data poll begins
With over 3,500 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll — “Following Apple’s shift to variable iTunes Store song pricing, where are you now buying your music?” has ended. Readers could choose from online download stores such as iTunes, Amazon MP3, eMusic, Wal-Mart Online, and Zune Marketplace, brick-and-mortar stores, Amazon.com for physical CDs, or say they don’t buy music.
Despite the changed prices, the iTunes Store held the top position in our poll, with 40% of readers saying they still purchase their music there. Another 14% said they buy their music from Amazon MP3, and 6% said they purchase physical CDs from Amazon—giving the online retailer a total of 20% of reader purchases—while 8% said they get their music at a brick-and-mortar store, and 3% said they buy their music from another online retailer. Only 2% of readers said they buy their music from eMusic, followed by 1% for Zune Marketplace, and basically none—zero percent and only 15 readers—from Wal-Mart Online. Finally, a full quarter of readers—25%—said they don’t buy music at all. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on iPhone data plans. We’d like to know if you would still keep your iPhone if your carrier raised its monthly data charges or placed a bandwidth cap on use. Would you keep your iPhone no matter what, only if the higher prices included tethering and/or a bandwidth cap of 5-10GB? Or would you give it up in the case of higher prices, bandwidth caps, or both? Or do you not own an iPhone? Our new poll, “Would you give up your iPhone if data charges went up, or you were subjected to bandwidth caps?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the far left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?