iTunes vs. other vendors poll ends, iPhone data poll begins
With over 3,500 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll — “Following Apple’s shift to variable iTunes Store song pricing, where are you now buying your music?” has ended. Readers could choose from online download stores such as iTunes, Amazon MP3, eMusic, Wal-Mart Online, and Zune Marketplace, brick-and-mortar stores, Amazon.com for physical CDs, or say they don’t buy music.
Despite the changed prices, the iTunes Store held the top position in our poll, with 40% of readers saying they still purchase their music there. Another 14% said they buy their music from Amazon MP3, and 6% said they purchase physical CDs from Amazon—giving the online retailer a total of 20% of reader purchases—while 8% said they get their music at a brick-and-mortar store, and 3% said they buy their music from another online retailer. Only 2% of readers said they buy their music from eMusic, followed by 1% for Zune Marketplace, and basically none—zero percent and only 15 readers—from Wal-Mart Online. Finally, a full quarter of readers—25%—said they don’t buy music at all. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on iPhone data plans. We’d like to know if you would still keep your iPhone if your carrier raised its monthly data charges or placed a bandwidth cap on use. Would you keep your iPhone no matter what, only if the higher prices included tethering and/or a bandwidth cap of 5-10GB? Or would you give it up in the case of higher prices, bandwidth caps, or both? Or do you not own an iPhone? Our new poll, “Would you give up your iPhone if data charges went up, or you were subjected to bandwidth caps?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the far left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Vote today!
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- iLounge announces its Best of the Year Awards for 2014
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
- Russian Apple Online Store returns with increased prices
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- BuQu Tech PowerArmour Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Grovemade Maple iPhone Case for iPhone 6
- Tylt Energi Sliding Power Case for iPhone 6
- Just Mobile TopGum
- Kenu Highline for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0