iTunes vs. other vendors poll ends, iPhone data poll begins
With over 3,500 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll — “Following Apple’s shift to variable iTunes Store song pricing, where are you now buying your music?” has ended. Readers could choose from online download stores such as iTunes, Amazon MP3, eMusic, Wal-Mart Online, and Zune Marketplace, brick-and-mortar stores, Amazon.com for physical CDs, or say they don’t buy music.
Despite the changed prices, the iTunes Store held the top position in our poll, with 40% of readers saying they still purchase their music there. Another 14% said they buy their music from Amazon MP3, and 6% said they purchase physical CDs from Amazon—giving the online retailer a total of 20% of reader purchases—while 8% said they get their music at a brick-and-mortar store, and 3% said they buy their music from another online retailer. Only 2% of readers said they buy their music from eMusic, followed by 1% for Zune Marketplace, and basically none—zero percent and only 15 readers—from Wal-Mart Online. Finally, a full quarter of readers—25%—said they don’t buy music at all. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on iPhone data plans. We’d like to know if you would still keep your iPhone if your carrier raised its monthly data charges or placed a bandwidth cap on use. Would you keep your iPhone no matter what, only if the higher prices included tethering and/or a bandwidth cap of 5-10GB? Or would you give it up in the case of higher prices, bandwidth caps, or both? Or do you not own an iPhone? Our new poll, “Would you give up your iPhone if data charges went up, or you were subjected to bandwidth caps?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the far left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Vote today!
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
- Monday at CES: 25 new previews
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iPhone 6 metal mockups spotted at electronics show
- Alpine Electronics announces aftermarket CarPlay products
- Apps: A&E/History 2.0, Ally 3.0, Amazon Cloud Drive Photos 3.0 + Pandora 5.3
- Pioneer officially announces aftermarket CarPlay access
- iWatch: LG to supply flexible displays, September release?
- Alleged iPhone 6 front panel, batteries leaked
- Windows Phone 8.1 supports Passbook passes
- Alpine to release aftermarket CarPlay system
- iLounge Game Spotlight: R.B.I. Baseball 14
- Report: Apple bans UK music service from iAd
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Tavik Hemings for iPad Air
- Spigen SGP GLAS.tR SLIM Privacy for iPhone 5/5c/5s
- Incipio [Performance] Armband for iPhone 5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Brookstone Perfect Drink App-Controlled Smart Bartending
- Philips AJ7260D/37 Dual Dock Triple Charging Clock Radio
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac