Published: Tuesday, May 27, 2003
Update: Michael Simmons has decided to bring back iTunesStatus.com...
“Due to a high request of people wanting the service back up, I have decided to re-launch it.
Please note YOU WILL have to have iTunes 4.0 and not higher to use this service.
I thank you for all your support, and hope to continue the service, even at a lower percentage of people able to use the service.”
Michael Simmons, who ran the free service iTunes Status which allowed users of iTunes 4 to indicate on the web when their iTunes Sharing Libraries were available, has closed the service down.
Simmons writes: “With the recent release of iTunes version 4.0.1, came the extinction of iTunesStatus.com.
In the month that it lasted I had over 65,000 hits, and over 890 members.
I would like to thank everyone who has supported this service. I have enjoyed every moment of it.
I would also like to thank the people who made such services and software as iSuck and iBug..
You are the reason Apple pulled the sharing feature in iTunes. You just couldn’t stand just listening to music, you had to steal, and ruin it for everyone.”
I must say that I second Mr. Simmons’ sentiments…
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple hires radio exec for iTunes Radio
- Apps: 12 Days of Gifts, The Animal Alphabet Singers, Drawing Together + FIFA
- China Labor Watch seeks investigation of Pegatron deaths
- Dec. 20 deadline for CES Best of Show Submissions
- Report: Forstall advising startups, involved in philanthropy
- Lightning developer leaves Apple, redesigns Square Reader
- China Mobile opens iPhone preorders on Dec. 12
- Apple, others call for govt. surveillance reform
- New apps aim to fix iOS 7 wallpaper issues
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new giveaway
- Kanex Foldable iDevice Stand
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- Belkin APEX360 Advanced Protection Case for iPad mini
- STM Grip 2 for iPad Air
- CM4 Slite Card Case for iPhone 5c
- Newer Technology NuGuard KX for iPad Air + iPad mini
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store