Update: Michael Simmons has decided to bring back iTunesStatus.com...
“Due to a high request of people wanting the service back up, I have decided to re-launch it.
Please note YOU WILL have to have iTunes 4.0 and not higher to use this service.
I thank you for all your support, and hope to continue the service, even at a lower percentage of people able to use the service.”
Michael Simmons, who ran the free service iTunes Status which allowed users of iTunes 4 to indicate on the web when their iTunes Sharing Libraries were available, has closed the service down.
Simmons writes: “With the recent release of iTunes version 4.0.1, came the extinction of iTunesStatus.com.
In the month that it lasted I had over 65,000 hits, and over 890 members.
I would like to thank everyone who has supported this service. I have enjoyed every moment of it.
I would also like to thank the people who made such services and software as iSuck and iBug..
You are the reason Apple pulled the sharing feature in iTunes. You just couldn’t stand just listening to music, you had to steal, and ruin it for everyone.”
I must say that I second Mr. Simmons’ sentiments…
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?