Update: Michael Simmons has decided to bring back iTunesStatus.com...
“Due to a high request of people wanting the service back up, I have decided to re-launch it.
Please note YOU WILL have to have iTunes 4.0 and not higher to use this service.
I thank you for all your support, and hope to continue the service, even at a lower percentage of people able to use the service.”
Michael Simmons, who ran the free service iTunes Status which allowed users of iTunes 4 to indicate on the web when their iTunes Sharing Libraries were available, has closed the service down.
Simmons writes: “With the recent release of iTunes version 4.0.1, came the extinction of iTunesStatus.com.
In the month that it lasted I had over 65,000 hits, and over 890 members.
I would like to thank everyone who has supported this service. I have enjoyed every moment of it.
I would also like to thank the people who made such services and software as iSuck and iBug..
You are the reason Apple pulled the sharing feature in iTunes. You just couldn’t stand just listening to music, you had to steal, and ruin it for everyone.”
I must say that I second Mr. Simmons’ sentiments…
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Apple Music to supply content to Musical.ly
- Apple now withholding royalty payments to Qualcomm as dispute escalates
- New Puff Daddy Documentary will be another Apple Music exclusive
- Apple releases fifth beta of iOS 10.3.2
- Report: Apple’s Jimmy Iovine still has ambitious video plans for Apple Music
- Apple executive talks using AI to boost human memory
- Apple rolling out ‘Today at Apple’ educational courses starting in May
- Smart home device maker iDevices acquired by Hubbell
- Apple delays ‘Carpool Karaoke’ release to ‘later this year’
- Dutch court rules Apple can’t replace broken iPads with refurbished models
- FABRIQ AirPlay and Bluetooth Alexa-Enabled Speaker
- Advanced Evo X & M4
- Advanced Mezger aptX Bluetooth Receiver
- iDevices Wall Switch
- iDevices Wall Outlet
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartSocket for Apple HomeKit
- Sony MDR-1000X Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones
- FiiO i1 Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter
- Blue Ella Headphones
- Apple iPad (Fifth-Generation)
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10