iUnarchive now supports iOS 4
De Voorkant has released an iOS 4 universal update to its archive file management application, iUnarchive. Originally released as an iPad application, iUnarchive 1.2.1 is now a universal app that can take advantage of the file management features of iOS 4. iUnarchive allows users to open and display the content of compressed files from other apps such as Mail or Safari using the built-in “Open In” option found in iOS 4. Users can then open individual files in other supported applications or open any additional nested archives contained within the original file. iUnarchive can open ZIP, RAR, 7-ZIP, TAR, GZIP, bz2, LhA and StuffIt archives, including password-protected files and can preview contained JPG, PNG, GIF, XLS, DOC, PPT, PDF, RTF and iWork documents as well as text files and syntax-highlighted programming language source files. iUnarchive requires iOS 3.2 or later on the iPad or iOS 4 on the iPhone and iPod touch. It is currently available from the App Store for $1 for a limited time and is a free update for users of the iPad version.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?