iZ interactive toy to rock out with iPod
Zizzle, a new toy company lead by the co-founder of the original Tiger Electronics (the company behind the Furby toy), will soon unveil iZ, a “9-inch tri-legged fusion of toy and music.” The unique character lets kids create musical beats by moving and pressing different parts of his body, and doubles as a portable iPod speaker.
While Zizzle has yet to release a picture of iZ, the company recently teamed up with iLounge to launch the “What is iZ Giveaway,” in which iLoungers try to guess what exactly iZ is from a handful of cropped photos of the product.
In an official announcement for iZ, Zizzle said the character will “play your music with his horn flashing lights, his eyes bouncing to the beat, and act as a DJ, adding his own commentary to any song. Let’s not forget iZ’s sense of humor which is demonstrated through burps and other ‘rude’ lifelike noises.”
Zizzle also provided details on the music-making feature. “Kids start by pressing his stomach to start a beat. Once they find a sound they like, they move to iZ’s right ear to add a little rhythm to the equation, and turn his left ear to find a musical lead. An easy to use tempo control makes the sounds limitless as players create tunes never before heard. iZ’s eyes even independently rock out to the innovative tunes created.”
iZ is scheduled to be available at major retailers this fall. A multi-million dollar TV and print advertising campaign is planned. Zizzle said the iPod will be featured prominently in commercials and on the iZ packaging.
Update: Zizzle has provided us with a complete photo of iZ (right).
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards