iZ interactive toy to rock out with iPod
Zizzle, a new toy company lead by the co-founder of the original Tiger Electronics (the company behind the Furby toy), will soon unveil iZ, a “9-inch tri-legged fusion of toy and music.” The unique character lets kids create musical beats by moving and pressing different parts of his body, and doubles as a portable iPod speaker.
While Zizzle has yet to release a picture of iZ, the company recently teamed up with iLounge to launch the “What is iZ Giveaway,” in which iLoungers try to guess what exactly iZ is from a handful of cropped photos of the product.
In an official announcement for iZ, Zizzle said the character will “play your music with his horn flashing lights, his eyes bouncing to the beat, and act as a DJ, adding his own commentary to any song. Let’s not forget iZ’s sense of humor which is demonstrated through burps and other ‘rude’ lifelike noises.”
Zizzle also provided details on the music-making feature. “Kids start by pressing his stomach to start a beat. Once they find a sound they like, they move to iZ’s right ear to add a little rhythm to the equation, and turn his left ear to find a musical lead. An easy to use tempo control makes the sounds limitless as players create tunes never before heard. iZ’s eyes even independently rock out to the innovative tunes created.”
iZ is scheduled to be available at major retailers this fall. A multi-million dollar TV and print advertising campaign is planned. Zizzle said the iPod will be featured prominently in commercials and on the iZ packaging.
Update: Zizzle has provided us with a complete photo of iZ (right).
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?