Jailbreak poll ends, storage poll begins
With over 3,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Are you using a jailbroken and/or unlocked iPhone or iPod touch?” has ended. Readers could reply that yes, they have both jailbroken and unlocked their iPhone, yes, they have jailbroken their iPhone or iPod touch, no, at one point they jailbroke their device but have since returned it to normal, and no, they have never jailbroken or unlocked their device, with a final option for those who don’t own an iPhone or iPod touch.
Eighty-six percent of responding readers said that they owned an iPhone or iPod touch. Of that 86%, a massive three-quarters said that they are not using jailbroken devices, with two-thirds having never jailbroken, and 9% having jailbroken and later reverted to factory settings. By comparison, 15% of responding iPod touch and iPhone users said they were using jailbroken devices, while another 9% said they were using jailbroken and unlocked iPhones. Thanks for all your responses!
Our latest poll focuses on iPod and iPhone storage. We want to know how much storage space your ideal 2009 iPod or iPhone would have. 2GB or less, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB? Or perhaps you’d like to see a higher-capacity flash-based model with 64GB or 128GB, or a new hard-disk model with 256GB or more? Our new poll, “How much storage space would your ideal 2009 iPod or iPhone have?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Vote today!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Apple announces iOS business development partnership with Deloitte
- Apple logs iMessage contact info, could be compelled to offer info to police
- Apple reportedly calls in hackers for meeting on bug bounty program
- Apple creating new London headquarters
- Honeywell debuts Lyric T5 HomeKit-enabled smart thermostat
- Executives talk Apple Music successes and failures
- Apple Q4 earnings call set for October 27
- Sonos speakers available on Apple’s online store today, in Apple Stores next month
- Apple lacks lobbying power in fight with EU
- Apple to offer ‘Spoken Editions’ of written content from top publishers
- 808 Audio XS Sport Rugged Wireless Speaker
- Mass Fidelity Core Bluetooth Speaker
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps