Jailbreak poll ends, storage poll begins
With over 3,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Are you using a jailbroken and/or unlocked iPhone or iPod touch?” has ended. Readers could reply that yes, they have both jailbroken and unlocked their iPhone, yes, they have jailbroken their iPhone or iPod touch, no, at one point they jailbroke their device but have since returned it to normal, and no, they have never jailbroken or unlocked their device, with a final option for those who don’t own an iPhone or iPod touch.
Eighty-six percent of responding readers said that they owned an iPhone or iPod touch. Of that 86%, a massive three-quarters said that they are not using jailbroken devices, with two-thirds having never jailbroken, and 9% having jailbroken and later reverted to factory settings. By comparison, 15% of responding iPod touch and iPhone users said they were using jailbroken devices, while another 9% said they were using jailbroken and unlocked iPhones. Thanks for all your responses!
Our latest poll focuses on iPod and iPhone storage. We want to know how much storage space your ideal 2009 iPod or iPhone would have. 2GB or less, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB? Or perhaps you’d like to see a higher-capacity flash-based model with 64GB or 128GB, or a new hard-disk model with 256GB or more? Our new poll, “How much storage space would your ideal 2009 iPod or iPhone have?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Cirrus Logic releases development kit for Lightning headphones
- Report details Apple Music’s vision for exclusive content
- Walgreens adds digital coupons to Apple Pay
- China orders Apple and others to monitor, report on app users
- South Korea regulators investigating Apple
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 26
- Apple’s UK tax bill under scrutiny
- Apple lays out ‘differential privacy’ plan for data collection
- Report: New iPhone’s space gray to be ‘much darker color’
- Incipio to acquire Skullcandy
- IK Multimedia iKlip A/V
- ClamCase ClamCase+ for iPad Air 2
- Philips Hue White Ambience Starter Kit
- Naim Audio Mu-so Qb Speaker
- Phiaton BT 460 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Zagg Slim Book for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Element Case Ronin for iPhone 6/6s
- JBL Clip 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Audio-Technica ATH-SR5BT Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Catalyst Case for iPad mini 4
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app