Jailbreak poll ends, storage poll begins
With over 3,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Are you using a jailbroken and/or unlocked iPhone or iPod touch?” has ended. Readers could reply that yes, they have both jailbroken and unlocked their iPhone, yes, they have jailbroken their iPhone or iPod touch, no, at one point they jailbroke their device but have since returned it to normal, and no, they have never jailbroken or unlocked their device, with a final option for those who don’t own an iPhone or iPod touch.
Eighty-six percent of responding readers said that they owned an iPhone or iPod touch. Of that 86%, a massive three-quarters said that they are not using jailbroken devices, with two-thirds having never jailbroken, and 9% having jailbroken and later reverted to factory settings. By comparison, 15% of responding iPod touch and iPhone users said they were using jailbroken devices, while another 9% said they were using jailbroken and unlocked iPhones. Thanks for all your responses!
Our latest poll focuses on iPod and iPhone storage. We want to know how much storage space your ideal 2009 iPod or iPhone would have. 2GB or less, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB? Or perhaps you’d like to see a higher-capacity flash-based model with 64GB or 128GB, or a new hard-disk model with 256GB or more? Our new poll, “How much storage space would your ideal 2009 iPod or iPhone have?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, July giveaway reminder
- Happy Independence Day from iLounge!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iFixit posts teardowns of iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels