Jailbreak poll ends, storage poll begins
Published: Tuesday, March 3, 2009
News Categories: Site News
With over 3,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Are you using a jailbroken and/or unlocked iPhone or iPod touch?” has ended. Readers could reply that yes, they have both jailbroken and unlocked their iPhone, yes, they have jailbroken their iPhone or iPod touch, no, at one point they jailbroke their device but have since returned it to normal, and no, they have never jailbroken or unlocked their device, with a final option for those who don’t own an iPhone or iPod touch.
Eighty-six percent of responding readers said that they owned an iPhone or iPod touch. Of that 86%, a massive three-quarters said that they are not using jailbroken devices, with two-thirds having never jailbroken, and 9% having jailbroken and later reverted to factory settings. By comparison, 15% of responding iPod touch and iPhone users said they were using jailbroken devices, while another 9% said they were using jailbroken and unlocked iPhones. Thanks for all your responses!
Our latest poll focuses on iPod and iPhone storage. We want to know how much storage space your ideal 2009 iPod or iPhone would have. 2GB or less, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB? Or perhaps you’d like to see a higher-capacity flash-based model with 64GB or 128GB, or a new hard-disk model with 256GB or more? Our new poll, “How much storage space would your ideal 2009 iPod or iPhone have?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Vote today!
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
- Monday at CES: 25 new previews
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Duolingo 3.3, Marvel Unlimited 2.0, Smash Hit + Wave Wave
- Apple running large iPhone 5c ad on NY Times site
- Report: iOS 8 Maps to gain public transit directions
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number