Jawbone to re-release UP at higher $130 price
iLounge has learned that Jawbone is on the cusp of re-releasing its UP bracelet, which was released last year only to be withdrawn from the market following user complaints. Originally sold for $100, UP debuted as a wearable, battery-powered motion sensor with an iOS app for tracking “activity, sleep and meals 24/7.” Acknowledging that “some people have experienced issues” with UP bands, Jawbone notably offered a full refund to customers who weren’t satisfied with the product. The new model will cost $130, and will come in black, blue, mint green, and red, each in small, medium, and large sizes. It’s unclear what improvements have been made to the new model, however, Bluetooth support was a glaring omission from the original band, which used a 3.5mm headphone plug to share data with iOS devices. We’ve reached out to Jawbone for more information and will update this article when we receive it.
Updated Nov. 13: Jawbone officially announced the re-release of UP ($130) today. UP will come in onyx, mint green, light grey, blue, navy blue, red, orange, and hunter green in small, medium, and large sizes. The re-release includes a new Power Nap feature, mood tracking, and delivers “highly personalized insights.” Notably, the device still syncs through the headphone jack, rather than Bluetooth.
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Mophie debuts new Space lineup
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?