JBL Creature IIIs, more accessories debut in 2010 Buyers’ Guide
As always, the Sneak Peeks section of this year’s iPod + iPhone Buyers Guide plays host to exclusive images and information of several upcoming iPod and iPhone accessories. One of this year’s most anticipated new add-ons is JBL’s Creature III speakers. Based substantially offer the company’s prior Creature II, the Creature IIIs retain the subwoofer-mounted bass and treble controls and satellite-mounted volume controls of the prior model, and pack a 75mm low end drive, 40mm drivers in the satellites, and two colors to choose from when they launch in November for $130.
Also bowing in the guide is the Incipio duroSHOT V for iPod nano, a new case for the fifth-generation model that aims to solve the question of how to hold the diminutive player when recording video. As a solution, the duroSHOT V features a rear handle that folds out and below the camera for a stable hold, as well as a screw mount hole in the handle for attaching to a tripod and an included screen protector. It will be available in November in four colors and will sell for $25. Hitting stores later this year or early next will be the Scosche ReviveLite 2, which keeps the original’s mix of iPod/iPhone charger and nightlight but improves upon it with a front-mounted folding dock, a USB port for simultaneous charging of a separate device, and folding blades for more portability. It will sell for $25. For more information on these and thousands of other products for the iPod and iPhone, check out our 2010 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide.
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Amazon Video app update lets Prime users download movies, TV shows for offline viewing
- Report: Apple considering move into original programming
- Malware steals 225,000+ Apple account logins from jailbroken iPhones
- Apple announces partnership with Cisco for iOS business users
- Report: New Apple TV to support Bluetooth gaming controllers
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Apple to make Apple Camp program available year-round
- Apple hiring ex-Microsoft employee hints at augmented reality plans
- Judge limits further filings in patent case between Apple and Samsung
- Report: New Apple TV less than $200, arriving in October
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?