JBL Creature IIIs, more accessories debut in 2010 Buyers’ Guide
As always, the Sneak Peeks section of this year’s iPod + iPhone Buyers Guide plays host to exclusive images and information of several upcoming iPod and iPhone accessories. One of this year’s most anticipated new add-ons is JBL’s Creature III speakers. Based substantially offer the company’s prior Creature II, the Creature IIIs retain the subwoofer-mounted bass and treble controls and satellite-mounted volume controls of the prior model, and pack a 75mm low end drive, 40mm drivers in the satellites, and two colors to choose from when they launch in November for $130.
Also bowing in the guide is the Incipio duroSHOT V for iPod nano, a new case for the fifth-generation model that aims to solve the question of how to hold the diminutive player when recording video. As a solution, the duroSHOT V features a rear handle that folds out and below the camera for a stable hold, as well as a screw mount hole in the handle for attaching to a tripod and an included screen protector. It will be available in November in four colors and will sell for $25. Hitting stores later this year or early next will be the Scosche ReviveLite 2, which keeps the original’s mix of iPod/iPhone charger and nightlight but improves upon it with a front-mounted folding dock, a USB port for simultaneous charging of a separate device, and folding blades for more portability. It will sell for $25. For more information on these and thousands of other products for the iPod and iPhone, check out our 2010 iPod + iPhone Buyers’ Guide.
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Incipio acquires Incase
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?