JBL On Time speaker system introduced
Harman Multimedia has introduced the JBL On Time ($300), a new speaker system and clock radio for iPods.
The On Time, which features a very unique speaker enclosure, includes a radio, clock and dual alarm, universal iPod cradle, and large backlit LCD with automatic dimming. The system’s upward-firing tweeter and horizontal low and midrange transducers provide a 360-degree sound field with a “full, rich frequency response from the lowest bass to the highest highs.”
The On Time also offers a menu-driven user interface, blue dome light, an automatic time-set feature, backup battery, and the ability to charge and sync your iPod. It works with most docking iPods with the Apple iPod Universal Dock adapter. The JBL On Time will be available in white and black versions. Pricing and availability was not announced.
“JBL On Time revolutionizes the way you use your iPod,” says Harman. “A compact, high-performance time machine and sound center, JBL On Time lets you wake up to music stored on your iPod, instead of to annoying buzzers or fuzzy radio reception. Just connect your iPod, MP3 player or other music source to JBL On Time and experience clean, powerful and dynamic sound.”
In related news, Harman said it has decided to update its On Stage II iPod speaker system, and will sell it under the same name as a modified version with support for Apple’s Universal Dock Adapters. Pricing and other features will not change.
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Incipio acquires Incase
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Apple Music coming to Sonos Dec. 15 through public beta program
- Apple to drop headphone jack from next iPhone?
- Amazon Instant Video app could hit Apple TV ‘within a few weeks’
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Pro
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?