JBL On Time speaker system introduced | iLounge News

JBL On Time speaker system introduced

image

image

image

imageHarman Multimedia has introduced the JBL On Time ($300), a new speaker system and clock radio for iPods.

The On Time, which features a very unique speaker enclosure, includes a radio, clock and dual alarm, universal iPod cradle, and large backlit LCD with automatic dimming. The system’s upward-firing tweeter and horizontal low and midrange transducers provide a 360-degree sound field with a “full, rich frequency response from the lowest bass to the highest highs.”

The On Time also offers a menu-driven user interface, blue dome light, an automatic time-set feature, backup battery, and the ability to charge and sync your iPod. It works with most docking iPods with the Apple iPod Universal Dock adapter. The JBL On Time will be available in white and black versions. Pricing and availability was not announced.

“JBL On Time revolutionizes the way you use your iPod,” says Harman. “A compact, high-performance time machine and sound center, JBL On Time lets you wake up to music stored on your iPod, instead of to annoying buzzers or fuzzy radio reception. Just connect your iPod, MP3 player or other music source to JBL On Time and experience clean, powerful and dynamic sound.”

In related news, Harman said it has decided to update its On Stage II iPod speaker system, and will sell it under the same name as a modified version with support for Apple’s Universal Dock Adapters. Pricing and other features will not change.

« New SNL skits now available on iTunes store

ezGear debuts ezGold Video Cable for iPod 5G »

Comments

I think the better comparison is the Tivoli iSongBook. Let’s hope that JBL provides an RF remote as it does with the OnStage lines.

Posted by Rockr on January 12, 2006 at 1:25 PM (CST)

realistically, it isn’t that large.  The footprint is no larger then some of the other speaker incorporated docks.  It just seems large, becuase of the Gateway Arch

Posted by Porter on January 12, 2006 at 5:59 PM (CST)

Besides it does MRI and CT scan, will it be also a Stargate as well?

OK seriously, it does look cool but I am surprise no one mentioned anything about those silver buttons… I think it makes the whole thing look cheap…

Posted by Rheuter Cheng on January 13, 2006 at 10:24 PM (CST)

You know the only thing I’m thinking is missing here? A remote, like the iHome has. Shame not to include it at the $300 price point.

I’ll buy one anyway, though. Especially with the design flaws the iHome is exhibiting (loud waking volume, etc.)—I trust the JBL design team a little more. Can’t wait to see the full review from Jeremy. Apparently this thing is shipping in March.

Posted by ccapell on January 17, 2006 at 4:13 PM (CST)

“It works with most docking iPods with the Apple iPod Universal Dock adapter. “

Does that mean that it will work with Apple’s remote? Or does it just mean that it is the same size as the Universal Dock, therefore allowing your iPod plug (adaptors?)to fit.

If so, I’m sooooo buying one ^^

Thanks.

Posted by Kevin on January 26, 2006 at 12:51 PM (CST)

Spacey! Will the display light dim to off? Will the alarm flipn volume adjust???? It looks smaller than the ihome footprint?

Posted by Rick Timmons on February 8, 2006 at 8:44 AM (CST)

Well, I just purchased the On Time after suffering with the iHome5 for a few months.  Rather than do a complete review of the features, let me say that is takes up less room on my night stand than the iHome5, it sounds much better, and has a far more pleasing alarm.  I hated my iHome5 because when the alarm went off, it would blast the volume—forcing me to try to get the volume lowered while half-asleep (the volume knob seemed to work intermittently).  It was supposed to have a increasing volume feature, but IT DOES NOT WORK.

Skip the iHome and get this.

Posted by R Petty on June 5, 2006 at 2:23 AM (CDT)

Tried one at Compusa and with the clean sound of Ipod downloaded music, this thing was amazing. great sound quality and it is not that big. Just too expensive at $249.  Ebay is $159 + 17.95.

Posted by Ed on June 10, 2006 at 10:45 AM (CDT)

I’ve been looking around and this seems to be the best thing out there. As far as the price… I won’t pay more than 200. So wish me luck on Ebay.

Posted by Elvis on January 23, 2007 at 9:04 PM (CST)

I got really luck… found it new on Ebay for 141. Excellent. If your thinking about geting one, stop thinking and get it. The sound is outragous.

Posted by Elvis on January 28, 2007 at 8:54 AM (CST)

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2