JBL releases On Air AirPlay Speaker Dock
JBL has announced the release of its new On Air Wireless AirPlay Speaker Dock first revealed in December. The On Air Wireless supports AirPlay streaming from any iPhone, iPod touch or iPad using iOS 4.2 or later or from a Mac or Windows PC running iTunes 10.1 or later. An integrated screen displays album artwork and song information when streaming from iTunes and playback controls are also included on the speaker. The speaker system itself includes three JBL transducers with a unique HALO (horizontal acoustic level optimization) design that provides uniform, full-spectrum sound. The On Air also includes a Dock Connector for charging an iPhone or iPod, a dual alarm clock, digital FM radio with RDS support and a USB port for firmware updates. The JBL On Air Wireless Speaker sells for $350; it can be ordered online at Apple or Best Buy beginning today and should begin appearing in retail stores later this week.
Update: Canadian retailer Future Shop appears to be offering a white version of the On Air for pre-order with an estimated release date of May 6th. The white model does not currently appear on the Apple or Best Buy sites.
Update 2: JBL has confirmed that Best Buy and Apple will only be selling the black version. The white will be available at retail stores in Canada and online at the Harman retail site.
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Logitech introduces new Logi label
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?