JBL releases On Air AirPlay Speaker Dock
JBL has announced the release of its new On Air Wireless AirPlay Speaker Dock first revealed in December. The On Air Wireless supports AirPlay streaming from any iPhone, iPod touch or iPad using iOS 4.2 or later or from a Mac or Windows PC running iTunes 10.1 or later. An integrated screen displays album artwork and song information when streaming from iTunes and playback controls are also included on the speaker. The speaker system itself includes three JBL transducers with a unique HALO (horizontal acoustic level optimization) design that provides uniform, full-spectrum sound. The On Air also includes a Dock Connector for charging an iPhone or iPod, a dual alarm clock, digital FM radio with RDS support and a USB port for firmware updates. The JBL On Air Wireless Speaker sells for $350; it can be ordered online at Apple or Best Buy beginning today and should begin appearing in retail stores later this week.
Update: Canadian retailer Future Shop appears to be offering a white version of the On Air for pre-order with an estimated release date of May 6th. The white model does not currently appear on the Apple or Best Buy sites.
Update 2: JBL has confirmed that Best Buy and Apple will only be selling the black version. The white will be available at retail stores in Canada and online at the Harman retail site.
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Nautilus announces HealthKit integration
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0