JBL releases On Air AirPlay Speaker Dock
JBL has announced the release of its new On Air Wireless AirPlay Speaker Dock first revealed in December. The On Air Wireless supports AirPlay streaming from any iPhone, iPod touch or iPad using iOS 4.2 or later or from a Mac or Windows PC running iTunes 10.1 or later. An integrated screen displays album artwork and song information when streaming from iTunes and playback controls are also included on the speaker. The speaker system itself includes three JBL transducers with a unique HALO (horizontal acoustic level optimization) design that provides uniform, full-spectrum sound. The On Air also includes a Dock Connector for charging an iPhone or iPod, a dual alarm clock, digital FM radio with RDS support and a USB port for firmware updates. The JBL On Air Wireless Speaker sells for $350; it can be ordered online at Apple or Best Buy beginning today and should begin appearing in retail stores later this week.
Update: Canadian retailer Future Shop appears to be offering a white version of the On Air for pre-order with an estimated release date of May 6th. The white model does not currently appear on the Apple or Best Buy sites.
Update 2: JBL has confirmed that Best Buy and Apple will only be selling the black version. The white will be available at retail stores in Canada and online at the Harman retail site.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?