JBL releases On Air AirPlay Speaker Dock
JBL has announced the release of its new On Air Wireless AirPlay Speaker Dock first revealed in December. The On Air Wireless supports AirPlay streaming from any iPhone, iPod touch or iPad using iOS 4.2 or later or from a Mac or Windows PC running iTunes 10.1 or later. An integrated screen displays album artwork and song information when streaming from iTunes and playback controls are also included on the speaker. The speaker system itself includes three JBL transducers with a unique HALO (horizontal acoustic level optimization) design that provides uniform, full-spectrum sound. The On Air also includes a Dock Connector for charging an iPhone or iPod, a dual alarm clock, digital FM radio with RDS support and a USB port for firmware updates. The JBL On Air Wireless Speaker sells for $350; it can be ordered online at Apple or Best Buy beginning today and should begin appearing in retail stores later this week.
Update: Canadian retailer Future Shop appears to be offering a white version of the On Air for pre-order with an estimated release date of May 6th. The white model does not currently appear on the Apple or Best Buy sites.
Update 2: JBL has confirmed that Best Buy and Apple will only be selling the black version. The white will be available at retail stores in Canada and online at the Harman retail site.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015