JBL shows new speaker systems for iPod, iPhone
JBL has unveiled a slew of new speaker systems for the iPod, including an HD Radio-equipped clock radio and an iPhone-compatible On Stage system. JBL’s On Stage 200ID and 400ID systems are the latest in the company’s On Stage line, offering built-in Universal Docks, the OnePoint design with a USB 2.0 cable for syncing, line input for other audio devices, and included remote controls. The On Stage 200ID offers iPhone compatibility and two 10-watt Phoenix transducers, while the 400ID lacks iPhone compatibility, but offers four 15-watt Odyssey transducers and a 30-watt Atlas subwoofer. In addition, both models feature the ability to charge docked iPods (and iPhones, on the 200ID), even when the unit is turned off. The JBL On Stage 200ID system will sell for $150 and is expected in stores in February, while the JBL On Stage 400ID will sell for $250, and should be available in March.
The JBL On Stage IIIP is an iPhone-compatible loudspeaker docking station, featuring a built-in Universal Dock, the OnePoint design which enables charging of docked iPods and iPhones as well as connectivity via a USB 2.0 cable, four integrated 6-watts-per-channel Odyssey transducers, interchangeable trim rings, an included IR remote, a mini-jack input for other audio devices, and the ability to operate via AC or battery power. It will be available in February for $170.
The JBL On Stage Micro has been updated with five new colors — Black, Silver, Green, Blue and Red — to match Apple’s current line of iPod nanos. Features include an IR remote, a OnePoint design with USB 2.0 cable for syncing and charging, an integrated Universal Dock, auxiliary input, the ability to run off of four AAA batteries, and two Odyssey speakers with 15 watts of power each. The new colors will be available later this month for $100.
The JBL On Time 200ID is a new clock radio featuring an integrated Universal iPod Dock, a digital clock, alarm and radio, a new menu-driven user interface, a backlit LCD, an automatic dimming option, iPod charging capability, a backup-battery feature, two Phoenix full-range transducers and one Ridge tweeter, auxiliary input, and touch-sensitive controls. It will be available in winter 2008 for $200.
Finally, the JBL On Time 400ID is a new clock radio system offering HD Radio with iTunes Tagging, AM and FM tuners, FM multicasting capability, an integrated Universal iPod dock, and a clock with dual alarms. Other features include digital-signal-processing (DSP) equalization, two Phoenix transducers receiving 12 watts of power each, auxiliary input, and the ability to charge and sync an iPod, even when the system is off. The JBL On Time 400ID will be available this spring for $300.
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Report: iPad Pro to be official name of large iPad, more details revealed
- Mozilla begins rollout of Firefox for iOS preview
- Google releases Google Street View app for iOS
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Judge approves $415M settlement in anti-poaching lawsuit
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Divoom AuraBox Bluetooth Speaker
- Belkin WeMo + OSRAM Lightify White Tunable Starter Set
- Logitech Logi BLOK cases for iPad mini + iPad Air 2
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?