JBL shows new speaker systems for iPod, iPhone
JBL has unveiled a slew of new speaker systems for the iPod, including an HD Radio-equipped clock radio and an iPhone-compatible On Stage system. JBL’s On Stage 200ID and 400ID systems are the latest in the company’s On Stage line, offering built-in Universal Docks, the OnePoint design with a USB 2.0 cable for syncing, line input for other audio devices, and included remote controls. The On Stage 200ID offers iPhone compatibility and two 10-watt Phoenix transducers, while the 400ID lacks iPhone compatibility, but offers four 15-watt Odyssey transducers and a 30-watt Atlas subwoofer. In addition, both models feature the ability to charge docked iPods (and iPhones, on the 200ID), even when the unit is turned off. The JBL On Stage 200ID system will sell for $150 and is expected in stores in February, while the JBL On Stage 400ID will sell for $250, and should be available in March.
The JBL On Stage IIIP is an iPhone-compatible loudspeaker docking station, featuring a built-in Universal Dock, the OnePoint design which enables charging of docked iPods and iPhones as well as connectivity via a USB 2.0 cable, four integrated 6-watts-per-channel Odyssey transducers, interchangeable trim rings, an included IR remote, a mini-jack input for other audio devices, and the ability to operate via AC or battery power. It will be available in February for $170.
The JBL On Stage Micro has been updated with five new colors — Black, Silver, Green, Blue and Red — to match Apple’s current line of iPod nanos. Features include an IR remote, a OnePoint design with USB 2.0 cable for syncing and charging, an integrated Universal Dock, auxiliary input, the ability to run off of four AAA batteries, and two Odyssey speakers with 15 watts of power each. The new colors will be available later this month for $100.
The JBL On Time 200ID is a new clock radio featuring an integrated Universal iPod Dock, a digital clock, alarm and radio, a new menu-driven user interface, a backlit LCD, an automatic dimming option, iPod charging capability, a backup-battery feature, two Phoenix full-range transducers and one Ridge tweeter, auxiliary input, and touch-sensitive controls. It will be available in winter 2008 for $200.
Finally, the JBL On Time 400ID is a new clock radio system offering HD Radio with iTunes Tagging, AM and FM tuners, FM multicasting capability, an integrated Universal iPod dock, and a clock with dual alarms. Other features include digital-signal-processing (DSP) equalization, two Phoenix transducers receiving 12 watts of power each, auxiliary input, and the ability to charge and sync an iPod, even when the system is off. The JBL On Time 400ID will be available this spring for $300.
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
- Apple confirms Beats Electronics acquisition for $3 billion
- Blog spotlights risks in cheap, counterfeit iPad chargers
- Gibson buys Philips’ Apple accessory brand, Woox Innovations
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple TV relaunch not coming this year
- Report: Apple eliminating positions of some Beats employees
- Russian government seeks Apple source code
- Square announces new Reader for chip cards
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad Air
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks