JBL shows new speaker systems for iPod, iPhone
Published: Monday, January 7, 2008
News Categories: iPod Accessories
JBL has unveiled a slew of new speaker systems for the iPod, including an HD Radio-equipped clock radio and an iPhone-compatible On Stage system. JBL’s On Stage 200ID and 400ID systems are the latest in the company’s On Stage line, offering built-in Universal Docks, the OnePoint design with a USB 2.0 cable for syncing, line input for other audio devices, and included remote controls. The On Stage 200ID offers iPhone compatibility and two 10-watt Phoenix transducers, while the 400ID lacks iPhone compatibility, but offers four 15-watt Odyssey transducers and a 30-watt Atlas subwoofer. In addition, both models feature the ability to charge docked iPods (and iPhones, on the 200ID), even when the unit is turned off. The JBL On Stage 200ID system will sell for $150 and is expected in stores in February, while the JBL On Stage 400ID will sell for $250, and should be available in March.
The JBL On Stage IIIP is an iPhone-compatible loudspeaker docking station, featuring a built-in Universal Dock, the OnePoint design which enables charging of docked iPods and iPhones as well as connectivity via a USB 2.0 cable, four integrated 6-watts-per-channel Odyssey transducers, interchangeable trim rings, an included IR remote, a mini-jack input for other audio devices, and the ability to operate via AC or battery power. It will be available in February for $170.
The JBL On Stage Micro has been updated with five new colors — Black, Silver, Green, Blue and Red — to match Apple’s current line of iPod nanos. Features include an IR remote, a OnePoint design with USB 2.0 cable for syncing and charging, an integrated Universal Dock, auxiliary input, the ability to run off of four AAA batteries, and two Odyssey speakers with 15 watts of power each. The new colors will be available later this month for $100.
The JBL On Time 200ID is a new clock radio featuring an integrated Universal iPod Dock, a digital clock, alarm and radio, a new menu-driven user interface, a backlit LCD, an automatic dimming option, iPod charging capability, a backup-battery feature, two Phoenix full-range transducers and one Ridge tweeter, auxiliary input, and touch-sensitive controls. It will be available in winter 2008 for $200.
Finally, the JBL On Time 400ID is a new clock radio system offering HD Radio with iTunes Tagging, AM and FM tuners, FM multicasting capability, an integrated Universal iPod dock, and a clock with dual alarms. Other features include digital-signal-processing (DSP) equalization, two Phoenix transducers receiving 12 watts of power each, auxiliary input, and the ability to charge and sync an iPod, even when the system is off. The JBL On Time 400ID will be available this spring for $300.
- ReSound Linx MFi hearing aid launches
- Mad Catz unveils C.T.R.L.i iOS controller
- Fitbit pulls, recalls Force fitness tracker
- Bose debuts SoundLink Bluetooth speaker III
- Scosche releases MagicMount system for iOS devices
- Apogee intros JAM 96k guitar interface, MiC 96k
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone