JBL shows new speaker systems for iPod, iPhone
JBL has unveiled a slew of new speaker systems for the iPod, including an HD Radio-equipped clock radio and an iPhone-compatible On Stage system. JBL’s On Stage 200ID and 400ID systems are the latest in the company’s On Stage line, offering built-in Universal Docks, the OnePoint design with a USB 2.0 cable for syncing, line input for other audio devices, and included remote controls. The On Stage 200ID offers iPhone compatibility and two 10-watt Phoenix transducers, while the 400ID lacks iPhone compatibility, but offers four 15-watt Odyssey transducers and a 30-watt Atlas subwoofer. In addition, both models feature the ability to charge docked iPods (and iPhones, on the 200ID), even when the unit is turned off. The JBL On Stage 200ID system will sell for $150 and is expected in stores in February, while the JBL On Stage 400ID will sell for $250, and should be available in March.
The JBL On Stage IIIP is an iPhone-compatible loudspeaker docking station, featuring a built-in Universal Dock, the OnePoint design which enables charging of docked iPods and iPhones as well as connectivity via a USB 2.0 cable, four integrated 6-watts-per-channel Odyssey transducers, interchangeable trim rings, an included IR remote, a mini-jack input for other audio devices, and the ability to operate via AC or battery power. It will be available in February for $170.
The JBL On Stage Micro has been updated with five new colors — Black, Silver, Green, Blue and Red — to match Apple’s current line of iPod nanos. Features include an IR remote, a OnePoint design with USB 2.0 cable for syncing and charging, an integrated Universal Dock, auxiliary input, the ability to run off of four AAA batteries, and two Odyssey speakers with 15 watts of power each. The new colors will be available later this month for $100.
The JBL On Time 200ID is a new clock radio featuring an integrated Universal iPod Dock, a digital clock, alarm and radio, a new menu-driven user interface, a backlit LCD, an automatic dimming option, iPod charging capability, a backup-battery feature, two Phoenix full-range transducers and one Ridge tweeter, auxiliary input, and touch-sensitive controls. It will be available in winter 2008 for $200.
Finally, the JBL On Time 400ID is a new clock radio system offering HD Radio with iTunes Tagging, AM and FM tuners, FM multicasting capability, an integrated Universal iPod dock, and a clock with dual alarms. Other features include digital-signal-processing (DSP) equalization, two Phoenix transducers receiving 12 watts of power each, auxiliary input, and the ability to charge and sync an iPod, even when the system is off. The JBL On Time 400ID will be available this spring for $300.
- Apple issues voluntary recall for certain AC wall plug adapters
- CES: CableJive, Macally + Puregear
- CES: Just Mobile, Parrot, Tylt + Zagg
- CES: Edifier, Jaybird, Kanex, Phiaton, Phonesuit + Sphero
- Braven intros new speakers at CES, including the BRV-XXL and BRV-BLADE LE
- PhotoFast introduces MemoriesCable 1M
- iPad Air 3, iPhone 5se expected to be available March 18
- Apple filming original ‘dark drama’ television series featuring Dr. Dre
- Apple under fire for patent infringement from haptic feedback company Immersion
- CBS CEO Moonves notes Apple talks have stopped
- Apple will source iPhone 7 ‘A10’ CPU solely from TSMC
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- VRS Design Crystal Bumper, High Pro Shield + Verge Active for iPhone 6/6s
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!