JBL updates speaker specs, adds On Stage model
JBL has announced immediate U.S. availability of an additional model of its On Stage speaker system, On Stage III. Previously released in Asia and originally not expected to be shipped in the U.S., On Stage III is an iPod-only speaker system sharing features and similar dish-shaped styling to earlier JBL On Stage speakers. It appears to be the last On Stage to feature USB connectivity, which is being removed from the upcoming iPhone-compatible sequel, On Stage IIIP.
Confirming a report from eagle-eyed reader Brian V., JBL today said that USB ports will not be included in its upcoming 200- and 400-series On Stage and On Time speakers. Marketed as “OnePoint technology” that would have allowed docked iPods and iPhones to connect to computers near the speakers, the omitted USB ports leave these systems, as well as On Stage IIIP, to serve solely as speaker and charging stations, not synchronization docks.
Finally, readers may have noticed that some recent model JBL On Stage Micro units have begun to appear in stores with product codes that suggest that they are actually On Stage Micro 2s. According to JBL, these units are “the exact same units” but in new iPod nano-matching colors, and do not have any other differences from previously produced On Stage Micro speakers.
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?