John Lennon iPod touch box covers five touch versions
For the third time since the introduction of the iPod touch in September, 2007, Apple has updated the device’s packaging, this time in an especially noteworthy way. Following the release of early iPod touch boxes bearing the image of Corinne Bailey Rae, and subsequent models with Macy Gray, current iPod touch boxes feature the image of former Beatles member John Lennon as part of artwork from Lennon Legend, a collection of his past work. The song “Imagine” is playing on the iPod touch featured on the package.
As shown in the photos here, Lennon’s image now graces a surprising number of iPod touch packages, including the “old” $279 8GB model without the January Update Mail, Maps, Stocks, Notes, and Weather applications, and the “current” $299 8GB model with these applications. Similarly, the “old” 16GB model is available for $380 without the applications, while the current 16GB iPod touch sells for $399 with the applications included. Apple also packages the newly released $499 32GB iPod touch in the Lennon box. The company has previously suggested that it would temporarily discount and phase out iPod touches without the updated applications; it was not known whether these models would receive box updates to distinguish them from later models.
[Editor’s Note: This story was updated based on reader comments - thanks Jeff + rTwelve!]
- Apple releases second iOS 9 public beta
- Home Sharing for Music returns in iOS 9 beta 4
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9 beta to developers
- New fingerprint scanner tech could lead to Touch ID built into iPhone display
- iPod touch, nano, and shuffle color comparison photos
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?