JR Hill Introduces The Wrap for new iPods | iLounge News

JR Hill Introduces The Wrap for new iPods

The Wrap for the new Apple 10, 15 & 30GB iPods is a simple, inexpensive, clear vinyl wrap to protect your new iPods finish from srcatches and fingerprints. Made specifically for those who don’t want a full size case and want some protection when keeping their iPod in their pocket, backpack, purse, fanny pack, etc. With simple static cling, The Wrap clings to the iPods front, back, sides and bottom. Since the new iPods have touch sensitive scroll wheel and buttons, the iPod is fully usable through the clear vinyl. The top is exposed for easy access to the headphone/remote jacks and hold switch. By simply peeling back the back piece, you have access to the bottom data/charging port. The Wrap for Apple iPod is available now for $7.99 with a special shipping price of only $2.00.

« Dissecting iPod after slamming it in a car door

PowerDesign releases BodyMasks for new iPods »

Comments

i wonder if this will help with my ipod’s over sensitive buttons and scroll.

Posted by clear blue on June 4, 2003 at 10:40 AM (CDT)

I don’t think this is worth it at all. It seems to be the same material that the iPod comes wrap in when you open a new one. Maybe I’m wrong, but something like this doesn’t seem to be that protective. The new iPods are so slim I could deal with something a little more thick and not paper thin.

Posted by Lyman Tsang on June 4, 2003 at 3:23 PM (CDT)

I got the wrap last week and have been using it these few days.  Its thick vinel, much thicker than the plastic the ipod ships in.  It seems very protective to me. Its soft and sticks to the ipod very well. It does seem to make the buttons a little less sensitive.  I don’t know if its worth $10 though.  If you can find the material somewhere else you can probably make one yourself.  The design is very simple.  I wish it had cutouts for the carger, and it wraped the top of the ipod also.

Posted by NVS on June 4, 2003 at 7:35 PM (CDT)

i ordered one so that i had something to protect my new iPod until a full selection of cases came out. everyone seems to say that they scratch easy, and i know i won’t like the included case, so this is an interim solution that hopefully will fit the bill.

Posted by Paul Rodriguez on June 4, 2003 at 9:03 PM (CDT)

For now, I just wrapped my iPod in that clear wrap you wrap food in. Renald’s Wrap(sp?)

Posted by Lyman Tsang on June 4, 2003 at 9:53 PM (CDT)

I used Reynold’s Wrap as well, and although it leaves bubbles and wrinkles (plus, I think the plastic makes the display less readable), it works ok. It has the added benefit of “gripping” the my XTreme mac leather case. However, I ordered one of these wraps,  since the Reynolds wrap was an interim solution. I really wish 3rd party vendors had cases available more readily. It’s over a month since the debut, and there is a lack of cases available on the market.

Posted by Scott M on June 10, 2003 at 5:54 PM (CDT)