Juniper Visa Card with iTunes Rewards offered | iLounge News

Juniper Visa Card with iTunes Rewards offered

Apple has teamed up with Juniper to offer the Juniper Visa Card with iTunes Rewards. The credit card lets you earn points with every purchase that can be cashed in for iTunes gift cards. “Now you can order the Mac system of your dreams, your favorite iPod, or anything else from the Apple Store today and pay no interest on your purchase for up to 90 days. Plus you’ll earn iTunes rewards points with every purchase,” says Apple. “You’ll earn two iTunes points for every dollar you spend at any Apple Store (online, retail, or by phone), one point for ever dollar you spend everywhere else—wherever Visa is accepted. When you reach 2,500 points, we’ll send you a $25 iTunes card good for music, videos, and more from the iTunes Store.” [via TUAW]

« iFrogz debuts new cases for 2G iPod nano

Linksys, not Apple, launches iPhone »

Comments

D’oh! I got approved for Apple Credit back in Nov. and all I got was a crummy Juniper MasterCard without iTunes Rewards.

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on December 18, 2006 at 12:15 PM (PDT)

Where is my APPLE Branded Rewards Visa Card?  Other LOYALISTS have SONY Rewards Visa Card: DISNEY Rewards Visa Card: ESPN Rewards Visa Card!
All Apple Store merchandise should be available not only songs.

Posted by Benton on December 18, 2006 at 2:56 PM (PDT)

Yeah, I was disappointed that it wasn’t Apple-branded. :-(

Posted by Galley on December 18, 2006 at 3:51 PM (PDT)

Juniper bank was behind my airline mastercard, and their customer service is the WORST I have ever experienced with any company. The reps are rude and the company is shifty—beware.

Posted by eroell on December 18, 2006 at 5:59 PM (PDT)

Or you could use any Discover Card and get 5% CashBack (5% x $n) on ALL of your iTunes purchases:

I have been a Discover Card holder for several years. Discover kicks ###, especially now that it’s accepted by more businesses.

CashBack Bonus rewards are real cash as opposed to points. You get 1% CashBack for anything not eligible for more than 1%. I get 5% CashBack for gas and groceries.

You can use the CashBack balance to pay off your monthly balance, transfer it to a bank account, donate to a charity, or spend it on gift cards. Discover and their merchant partners will give you more than 100% if you donate to a charity or get a gift card. For example, I cashed in $200 of CashBack Bonus rewards for $400 in Sharper Image gift cards.

Discover customer service is awesome. They don’t try to sign you up for a zillion different offers when you call. They all seem to be based out of Utah (i.e. they speak English) where they’re headquartered.

I’m not sure how Discover makes money off of people who pay off their monthly balances. They don’t even charge an annual fee.

Posted by btn on December 18, 2006 at 6:56 PM (PDT)

I also use either Discover or my LLBean card (Visa) for better deals.  Last time I used my Juniper was for my Moms Mini last year.

Posted by Jamie on December 19, 2006 at 10:09 AM (PDT)

We had the worst time with Juniper today, I applied on-line at home, and was then told I couldn’t use it in the store. So then we were instructed to cancel it and reapply in the Apple store. Oops, they forgot to tell us it takes 48 hours to cancel, we found out after driving 2 hours to the apple store. I wouldn’t use their card now if it was FREE!!!!!!! I miss the old apple financing plan.

Posted by shelhed217 on July 13, 2007 at 6:42 PM (PDT)

I thought it was a good idea to buy my first MAC ever with an Itunes rewards card. I searched Juniper Card online and I found nothing but bad reviews and angry people. 90 days 0%? someone needs to get off the pipe. Bestbuy offers 6 to 12 months no interest same as cash and you get all the rewards you want $2000=$20 to $30 in anything at Bestbuy including Itunes. I am very displeased to find out that Apple made a deal with Juniper that was a bad move. I will stick to my Sony card and keep earning points for my new digital camera.

Posted by migrant to MAC on July 29, 2007 at 2:34 PM (PDT)

Check out this website for more complaints on Juniper.  This is a bad deal - do not finance anything with them it is a rip off.  The customer service is absolutely the worst.  When we asked for their supervisor, they refused to give us one.  They said they were it!

Posted by cab on September 26, 2007 at 7:22 PM (PDT)

RUN FROM THIS CARD.  Purchased my Appple Computer with juniper’s 90 days same as cash.  The 90 day date mysteriously did not coincide with the payment due date.  Therefore my last payment did not reach Juniper until after the 90 days.  A $66.91 finance charge was added even though I paid the computer off in three on-time payments.  This is deceptive and fraudulent.  These people are little more than common thieves.

Posted by James Hacker on December 26, 2007 at 11:57 AM (PDT)

This is the worst visa that I have had till this day. They are a rip off. I used the card only once since I have had it and I wish that I did not use it or even apply for it. Why does Apple even need them they might come off better if it was a APPLE branded card.
I called customer service to see how to redeem my point and they had no club. I have a BP visa that every time I get 250 in points i get a 25 dollar gift card to do whatever I want, and I can use it any where I want and still get the rewards.
If you are offered a juniper visa run from it.

Posted by Tawanna Webb on January 7, 2008 at 4:03 PM (PDT)

I HAD THE SAME WORST EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY. A TOTAL RIP OFF AND WORST RELATIONSHIP MANAGER.

Posted by L. R. on March 12, 2008 at 9:57 AM (PDT)

I am sorry to see so many bad reviews of this company because I have had a Juniper card for 4 years and used it as my purchasing card for almost all Apple products.  I have had nothing but good experiences and when I went to purchase a new computer, the company told me that I should cancel my current account and get a new on so I could get the 90 days same as cash again.  They got this done over the phone and within 20 minutes I had purchased my new computer and have received an iTunes gift card for my purchase.

I continue to be impressed by the level of service I get from this bank.

Posted by Nicholas F on June 16, 2008 at 2:42 AM (PDT)

Juniper is bad news: It has a shifty policy and refuses to waive first time service charges regardless of your tenure. I find the reps to be disconnected and possible speaking through a modlator of some kind—India?

There over the limit fees post ten days before you min payment due date—-figure that one out!

The FCC and the FCRA should investigate.

In fact, their online dashboard will not show the same data as the monlty statement—why not?

Posted by zarxo on July 21, 2008 at 11:01 AM (PDT)

I am 54, purchased three IPods for gifts for my wife, brother and nephew for their birthdays.  90 days no interest no problem $200 a month plus a little extra for the Classic refurbished ones.  So time to make my first payment I realize they never sent me a credit card, which you need for the last three digits on the back of the card to set up an online account.  I call….they your card was cancelled because my status changed during that period.  I said what…..I paid off a credit card with a lower interest one.  I am on time and have good credit.  They said well the agreement says if you change your status during this time…..they can cancel your card and then guess what your rate is 19.99%.  I said what kind of scam is this…..well sir you knew the rules. I said you guys gave me the credit in 30 seconds and the order went through.  What the heck is this all about.  I am sorry for you younger folks.  This is not normally how to keep customers or help customers as I read the complaints these guys are pure pirates.  Its a money making government sanctioned operation and unfortunately they don’t care about you.  Pay off your cards a quickly as possible and find another one…..Good Luck

Posted by lance b on September 5, 2008 at 6:16 PM (PDT)

I never had the juniper credit card.I tried calling about the juniper visa with itunes rewards and it seemed like they had no idea what I was talking about! I think their customer service is in India so its really hard to communicate with them. Their customer service sucks! Such a dissapointment to hear apple partner with them :(

Posted by sofirocks on September 15, 2008 at 5:54 PM (PDT)

Juniper is a horrible credit card—-they are scamming evil people. I got the 90 days same as cash deal. The rep. cleverly did not mention that if i did not make a full payment at the end of the 90 day that I would be charged finance charges for those 90 days. All the rep. said was if I didn’t make the full payment after 90 days, that I would have to pay the current interest rate going forward not backwards. I was shocked to be billed $ 244 finance charges for those 90 days!

Does anyone else have the same situation, because I’m planning to take action against them.

Posted by Jessica on October 9, 2008 at 6:26 PM (PDT)

This card is targeted to students, whom it appears, they think are not computer savvy. I purchased my new MacBook using the 90 day offer. I paid it off within the 90 days so no problems there. But it took 4 calls to customer service when I needed to make a change in the initial credit app. The customer service reps were polite but clueless. Their website is condescending and too elementary. The information on the site does not match the statements sent. When I called to ask why the credit amounts did not match I was told that they do not post the full amount to encourage you to stay within your limit. Hey, Juniper, that is not your role. I have paid this card off and chopped it up. Interest rates are too high and Apple sullies it’s reputation by it’s association with this company. Hey, Apple, drop them!

Posted by Nuncia on October 21, 2008 at 8:09 AM (PDT)

I was charged the interest fee as well after purchasing my Macbook Pro using this credit card back in late 2007.  This happened to me because my third statement due date was actually past the 90 day period.  You must pay you balance off withing 90 days, not 3 billing cycles, so you may have to make that final payoff amount prior to third bill’s actual due date.  I just assumed they were the same thing, but nope…4 days separated the two.  Just enough time to charge me that interest.  Very shoddy advertising and speaking to them made me want to reach through the phone and choke them.  I ended up paying it off after the third billing cycle, canceled my account, and cutting up my card. My free iTunes cards ended up not really being free.  Needless to say, I will never do business with them again.  DO NOT USE THIS CARD!!

Posted by franticnomad on October 21, 2008 at 8:14 PM (PDT)

I DID NOT apply for a Juniper Credit card. and I just got a refusal in the mail.

Posted by James Brandt on October 28, 2008 at 1:52 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >