Juniper Visa Card with iTunes Rewards offered | iLounge News

Juniper Visa Card with iTunes Rewards offered

Apple has teamed up with Juniper to offer the Juniper Visa Card with iTunes Rewards. The credit card lets you earn points with every purchase that can be cashed in for iTunes gift cards. “Now you can order the Mac system of your dreams, your favorite iPod, or anything else from the Apple Store today and pay no interest on your purchase for up to 90 days. Plus you’ll earn iTunes rewards points with every purchase,” says Apple. “You’ll earn two iTunes points for every dollar you spend at any Apple Store (online, retail, or by phone), one point for ever dollar you spend everywhere else—wherever Visa is accepted. When you reach 2,500 points, we’ll send you a $25 iTunes card good for music, videos, and more from the iTunes Store.” [via TUAW]

« iFrogz debuts new cases for 2G iPod nano

Linksys, not Apple, launches iPhone »

Comments

I just got the 90 SAC offer and got my apple computer.
In the same envelope that my card came in, I also got a notice saying that I have been declined. I plan on playing this thing off within the first two months and close my account fully before the 90 days are even up.

In fact, I’m not even going to activate the card. It is strictly for the apple purchase and nothing more.

However, in all fairness, it does state the following in the first bill I received today:
Congratulations on your new apple purchase!
You have 90 days of interest free financing from the date of your purchase. To avoid finance charges on your same-as-cash purchase be sure to pay the full amount of your promotional balance on or before the expiration date listed in the same-as-cash-summary. Please note that this date may be different than your payment due date.

On the second page of the statement, it shows the transaction date, remaining balance, deferred finance charge, and expiration date.

I just have to be ahead of those dates and make the payments and I should be good. I even setup a auto-pay just to make sure that I dont miss a payment due to the mail.

Recently, I had a kroger card thorugh the smiths grocery store chain. I did not receive my march bill and it didnt get paid. With a balance of 187 on the bill, the day after it was due, they fined me a $35 late charge and send me to the collection agency for payment. I had people calling me on the phone several times a day and they didnt even know what they were trying to collect for - all they knew is that some company hired them to go after me and they just wanted me to pay. I did and then I promptly discontinued my business with kroger

Posted by Snowyriver on April 18, 2009 at 5:03 PM (CDT)

Juniper Visa is one of the worst credit accounts I’ve ever had. Their service is horriable. I called in to made a phone payment so it was not late. The account rep took my bank account information over the phone and transposed some of the numbers. The charged me late payment, return check and over limit fee’s. They would only return the over limit fee. ACCOUNT CLOSED!

Posted by David NIKOLEY on May 26, 2009 at 11:05 AM (CDT)

Thank you for your application. Unfortunately, the bank is not able to offer you credit card financing for your purchase today.

Please do not complete another application. Further information about the reason for this decision will be mailed to your Permanent Home Address by the bank in the next 10 days. Please do not contact Apple, as Apple does not know the reason for this decision.

This is what I was told when I checked the status of my application (which was submitted today).....does this mean I’ve been rejected?

Posted by JV on May 31, 2009 at 8:45 PM (CDT)

Agree, totally crap company & black spot on Apples rep. Bought a Mac Mini & passed the rewards to my wife/ How to redeem? Finally found this in the fine print of the card agreement:

Redeeming iTunes points: When you accumulate 2,500 iTunes points, you will receive a $25 Apple iTunes Card following the next month’s billing statement. iTunes Cards will be mailed to the billing address associated with your Juniper Visa Card with iTunes Rewards account. All iTunes points will be reported monthly and will appear on your billing statement. There is no limit to the amount of iTunes points that you can earn. iTunes points expire after 12 months of non-activity on the account though iTunes gift cards do not expire once they are awarded. Juniper, a division of Barclays Bank Delaware and Apple reserve the rights to suspend, modify, cancel, or terminate the program, in whole or in part, at any time for any reason.

Posted by jonly on July 5, 2009 at 9:54 AM (CDT)

This credit card is the worst card that ever existed ever!!! Ever! I used it when I bought my new apple a few months ago and I got hit with a huge charge when I couldn’t pay it off in the 6 months.

Then the interest rate popped up to 130%. I’m not lying. 130%!!!! So… the balance will double if I don’t pay it off by the end of the month.

Crazy evil credit card company!!!! DO NOT USE IT. Pay it off asap.

Posted by katie on August 22, 2009 at 1:38 AM (CDT)

Well I thought I was the only one the hates this credit card compnay (Juniper Visa)  I signed up for paper statements, they sent them to my old email address, which I have no idea how the got.  Then I got a letter in the mail that stated they were going to send my a paper staetement sense the email was no good.  Well it took them over 90 days to get me a paper statement so bye bye 90 days no interest.  When I called they said sorry .. notta notta noting.  I now am trying to figure out how to use the iTunes Rewards.  I am sure those area scam as well.  I am really disappinted in Apple.

Posted by Sandra Lake on September 28, 2009 at 7:23 PM (CDT)

Well I am here to complain as well. I looked at my statement to see what I had to pay by a certain date. I made the payment, on the date stated, and was charged 303 in finance charges 7 days later. WHen I called to find out what happened, they said that I hadn’t paid the full amount. Well they took the minimum 1st, then applied the rest to the same as cash offer. So because I was 20 short, I have to pay all the charges. Not to mention that I went on before my minimum payment due, and had already been charged. I am irate!!!!!!! If there is anything I can do to take action, please let me know. I’m canceling my card and will be spreading the word everywhere!!! DO NOT USE THEM!!!

Posted by Aimee Frier on April 12, 2010 at 9:40 PM (CDT)

Customer service terrible.  I have 39,000 points in my rewards account yet canlt get to them. customer service sends me to the reward dept, and when the reward dept cant find me they send me back to customer service.  Invested a couple hours in this resolution already

Posted by Pat Hanna on June 14, 2010 at 5:19 AM (CDT)

I have a Juniper card that promises 2% cashback. Last year they changed the terms so that one could only get a maximum of $200 per year. At the time of the change, I had already accumulated $285.20.
First, I was unable to access my rewards balance online and the info was also missing from my monthly statements.
When I called, I was told that its a technical glitch and that they’re working on it. Another time I was told that I didn’t have an rewards card.
Finally, the rewards balance appeared on my statement again, but not online. It had shrunk to $200, $85.20 were simply stolen from me.

Posted by Klaus Heise on January 24, 2011 at 1:28 PM (CST)

I don’t understand how to use my itunes points!!  I’ve had this card for 2 years, I must be up to 2500 by now.. I can’t even FIND how many points I have!!  So annoying.. as soon as I get this paid off i’m cutting it up!  My interest is terrible too.

Posted by Heidi on July 25, 2011 at 10:35 PM (CDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2