Kazaa raided by ARIA | iLounge News

Kazaa raided by ARIA

“Investigators working for the Australian Recording Industry Association raided the offices of Sharman Networks, makers of Kazaa peer-to-peer file-sharing software, Friday searching for evidence linking the company to copyright infringement, the company says.

The company was served with a “search and seize” order issued by a judge at the Federal Court of Australia. The homes of two Sharman executives were also searched, according to Sharman.”

« 40GB iPod for $463.14

Magnatune music download service dances to a different tune »

Comments

the shank

soulseek is great for full albums, you can download by folder, no mucking about with tracking down each song and all that nonsense.

Posted by music pirate 4 life on February 8, 2004 at 1:01 AM (PDT)

“So when is eveybody going to stand together and boicot the music industry by, for example, not buying any CD’s for, say , a month.”

Wow I must be a champion at boycotting! I haven’t purchased a CD in YEARS.

Someone mentioned that they are sick of the self righteous attitude of some of the posters. I have to agree.

I steal music. I know it is wrong, and I don’t care. Why do I do it? Because I can’t afford to buy CDs, and because there are resources online that allow me to download.
I am accountable for my actions. If I get caught, then so be it. In the meantime I will continue to download and enjoy my free music.

Posted by dottz on February 8, 2004 at 6:26 AM (PDT)

I was just talking to some irc punks about slsk… they lost their domain and now it’s

slsk.org is spyware/scamware

Posted by hamp on February 8, 2004 at 6:38 AM (PDT)

A raid! that is Bull ####

Posted by naruto on February 8, 2004 at 8:22 AM (PDT)

thanks for the updated link hamp, i havent been to the slsk site in a while so i didn’t know they lost the domain!

Posted by music pirate 4 life on February 8, 2004 at 2:14 PM (PDT)

I too am sick of people who act high and mighty. I download, rip friends CD’s and buy them. I can’t seem to feel the pain of the RIAA…boo hoo. Someone mail them some tissues.

I’ve been overcharged for years, paid tax on CD-R’s and a $50 tax on my Ipod. I’m getting my $ back.

Posted by Rilhouse on February 8, 2004 at 3:54 PM (PDT)

Anyone who uses soulseek and wants to trade mp4/AAC email me or PM:

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Can’t seem to find many people on with AAC….

Posted by Rilhouse on February 8, 2004 at 4:34 PM (PDT)

It’s a regular Watergate…

Posted by mongoos150 on February 8, 2004 at 6:57 PM (PDT)

i agree, cd’s are and always have been overpriced, but if nobody pays for music, who will continue to make the music we love.

Posted by stop bitching....you sound like a bunch of.....bit on February 8, 2004 at 9:42 PM (PDT)

I’ve been using soulseek for quite a ong time, it is a great program, far superior to Kazaa. I use it because I have spent $1000s and $1000s on CDs over the years, and then I looked at how many CDs I had and how many of them were actually worth the money and it made me sick. So now I dont buy any albums unless they are worth the price, and I use Soulseek to download the albums first to find out. Only one good song? Then Im keeping the song and trashing the rest. So yes, I steal music. And yes, I buy music. Whatever, Im not here to debate what is right or wrong.

What I really wanted to say was that I was very happy that not too many people were aware of Soulseek, and that most of the worlds music downloaders used Kazaa or other more mainstream programs.

It would be a shame for Soulseek to be shut down, so I urge everyone not to post info about. Tell your friends about, email them, fine, but dont post the info on public forums anymore. The more info out on the net about, the greater the chance that the RIAA will soon target it as well.

Posted by soulseek user on February 9, 2004 at 12:52 PM (PDT)

ok but soulseek and kazaa are only for PC, right? Not much out there for mac users, so carracho is all I have been using

Posted by dottz on February 12, 2004 at 1:55 AM (PDT)

“soulseek and kazaa are only for PC, right”

How difficult is it to type “soulseek linux osx” into Google? Sometimes the laziness of people astounds me.

Linux/Mac Soulseek

Installing SoulSeek on Mac OS X

Posted by Pyslsk on February 12, 2004 at 7:03 AM (PDT)

Excuse me? Don’t you dare accuse me of being lazy. The links originally passed on were older ones. I did a search in google for soulsearch and wherever I looked, I could only find windows downloads, and statements along the lines of ‘no soulseek for mac yet’. I tried different word combinations in the searches in the hope of finding different liks.

If I had been able to find the information I needed, I would not have asked.

Posted by dottz on February 12, 2004 at 7:16 AM (PDT)

” I did a search in google for soulsearch”

I did a search for soulSEEK not SEARCH.

Posted by dottz on February 12, 2004 at 7:18 AM (PDT)

Google for “Soulseek Mac Linux”:

It’s the first hit. How hard is that?

Posted by GoogleIsMyGod on February 12, 2004 at 7:43 AM (PDT)

#####’s Guide to SoulSeek on OSX v1.0

Posted by Angel Moroni on February 12, 2004 at 10:44 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2