Kee Utility set to show Desk Phone Dock | iLounge News

Kee Utility set to show Desk Phone Dock

image

Kee Utility is set to show its Desk Phone Dock concept at the China Sourcing Fair in April. The Desk Phone Dock is a new aluminum and white plastic iPhone dock allowing users to initiate and receive calls on their iPhones using a traditional handset. To enable this functionality, the Desk Phone Dock features a built-in dock on the right side, which also houses stereo speakers, a headphone port, and a volume knob, with a traditional handset on the left. The concept also employs a break-out box for USB charging/syncing and power. Still a concept at this time, Kee Utility’s Desk Phone Dock has yet to receive a release date.

image

« Sony rolls out new headsets for iPhone, iPod

Comments

Ok I need to say one thing about all these companies making docks for the iPhone. Do you ever consider that an owner of an iPhone might have it in a case making your dock solution impossible to use? I have mine in a case to protect it and I am not going to remove it from the case just to use a dock. I like the idea of this phone dock but alas I am not going to buy it cause it is not an option to remove my iPhone from the case. I hope there are other people out there with the same issue or am I in a small group and people do not use cases or skins that make using a docking solution impractical?

Posted by Charles Starrett on March 31, 2010 at 10:36 AM (CDT)

Ah ha… April Fool right?

Posted by Charles Starrett on March 31, 2010 at 11:08 AM (CDT)

#1, maybe this is your wake-up call to realize the iPhone doesn’t *need* a case. An empty pants pocket works just fine.

I’ll be curious to see this come to market. Seems like an unnecessary-yet-cool gadget.

Posted by Charles Starrett on March 31, 2010 at 11:28 AM (CDT)

@#3, Perhaps the iPhone does not need a case, but I do!

I need something I can grip. The iPhone shell is just too slippery for me.

Posted by Charles Starrett on March 31, 2010 at 12:11 PM (CDT)

@#3, I agree with #4 and when you put something in that pocket with your iPhone and crack your screen you will know what I mean about having to have a case.

Posted by Charles Starrett on March 31, 2010 at 1:23 PM (CDT)

Yet again, this is the type of accessory I like iLougne covering.  Brand new concept and quality design, I’d be really curious to see if this thing comes to market and what the price will be.  It doesn’t really serve a purpose for me, but I could see it being handy for those in an office.  One question, it has a “USB breakout box” for charging, so it 1. needs AC power and 2. does it charge the phone while in the dock, or does it need to be connected to that USB box?

-Brian

Posted by Charles Starrett on March 31, 2010 at 2:40 PM (CDT)

it actually is made to let iphones with cases fit into the dock area. so you don’t have to take off the case. genius!

Posted by Charles Starrett on July 27, 2010 at 7:57 AM (CDT)