Kensington announces new iPod accessories
Kensington today announced the addition of five new products to its line of iPod accessories. The new gear includes a set of speakers, an FM transmitter and a combo FM radio and transmitter for dock connector iPods, and a travel plug adapter and clip set for the iPod shuffle.
The SX 2000 Speakers ($159.99) feature “breakthrough flat-panel SurfaceSound speaker technology from NXT and deliver superior bass, more balanced sound, and a wider sweet spot versus traditional cone speakers.” The speakers will come with the iPod Universal Dock.
Kensington’s Micro FM transmitter ($49.99) lets you play the music on your iPod through any FM receiver. It’s built with Aerielle wireless technology, which is said to offer “superior audio and noise filtration so your music sounds great.”
The Digital FM Radio and FM Transmitter ($79.99) is a 2-in-1 FM transmitter and radio for any dockable iPod. It lets you listen to your favorite radio station with your iPod or transmit your music through your home or car stereo. The device features a backlit digital display, four pre-sets and also uses Aerielle technology.
The Kensington Travel Plug Adapter with USB Charger ($39.99) is a “complete travel plug adapter in a convenient size” for the iPod shuffle. It allows you to plug into outlets in up to 150 different countries, and has two modules that allow you to either charge your iPod or plug in any AC powered product.
Transporters ($19.99) come with two attachments—a belt-clip and spring-loaded carabineer clip—for easy carrying of your iPod shuffle. The case’s proprietary locking caps “protect the USB connector and keep your shuffle safe and secure no matter where you put it.”
Kensington told iLounge that the iPod accessories wouldn’t be available until later this year. The company’s website has yet to be updated with the new products and we are awaiting photos from Kensington.
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Malware steals 225,000+ Apple account logins from jailbroken iPhones
- Apple announces partnership with Cisco for iOS business users
- Report: New Apple TV to support Bluetooth gaming controllers
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Apple to make Apple Camp program available year-round
- Apple hiring ex-Microsoft employee hints at augmented reality plans
- Judge limits further filings in patent case between Apple and Samsung
- Report: New Apple TV less than $200, arriving in October
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?