Kensington intros new accessories for iPhone, iPad
Kensington has introduced several new accessories for the iPhone and iPad. Among them are the BungeeAir Power Wireless Security Tether & Battery for iPhone and BungeeAir Protect Wireless Security Tether for iPhone, two new products which combined a small remote fob, 30-pin accessory, and downloadable app to maintain an active wireless connection between the fob and the iPhone, alerting the user should one travel too far from the other while simultaneously password-protecting the phone. The app also lets the accessory serve as a key-finding mechanism. The BungeeAir Power integrates the 30-pin transmitter into a slim battery case for the iPhone 4, offering 1500mAh of extra power and a built-in slot to allow a credit card to serve as a kickstand when viewing the iPhone in landscape orientation. It sells for $100 and is currently available for pre-order on Amazon. The BungeeAir Protect instead includes a small 30-pin dongle for communication with the included fob as well as a case designed to hold the iPhone 4 with the dongle attached. It sells for $80, and is available for pre-order directly from Kensington.
Finally, the new SecureBack Security Cases for iPad 2 allow users to secure their iPads while also offering protection. The standard SecureBack Security Case features three-piece construction, open access to all ports and controls, and an adjustable slider bar that offers quick access to the ClickSafe Security Anchor while also serving as a typing stand, while the SecureBack Security Case with 2-way Stand adds an extendable stand to the rear of the case, offering a 20-degree typing angle and 60-degree landscape viewing angle. Both cases are available for pre-order now for $50 and $60, respectively, and are also available in bundles with a ClickSafe Lock for an additional $30 each.
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- Amazon introduces Local Register Secure Card Reader
- Skylanders Trap Team coming to iPad with portal, controller
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today