Kensington intros new accessories for iPhone, iPad
Kensington has introduced several new accessories for the iPhone and iPad. Among them are the BungeeAir Power Wireless Security Tether & Battery for iPhone and BungeeAir Protect Wireless Security Tether for iPhone, two new products which combined a small remote fob, 30-pin accessory, and downloadable app to maintain an active wireless connection between the fob and the iPhone, alerting the user should one travel too far from the other while simultaneously password-protecting the phone. The app also lets the accessory serve as a key-finding mechanism. The BungeeAir Power integrates the 30-pin transmitter into a slim battery case for the iPhone 4, offering 1500mAh of extra power and a built-in slot to allow a credit card to serve as a kickstand when viewing the iPhone in landscape orientation. It sells for $100 and is currently available for pre-order on Amazon. The BungeeAir Protect instead includes a small 30-pin dongle for communication with the included fob as well as a case designed to hold the iPhone 4 with the dongle attached. It sells for $80, and is available for pre-order directly from Kensington.
Finally, the new SecureBack Security Cases for iPad 2 allow users to secure their iPads while also offering protection. The standard SecureBack Security Case features three-piece construction, open access to all ports and controls, and an adjustable slider bar that offers quick access to the ClickSafe Security Anchor while also serving as a typing stand, while the SecureBack Security Case with 2-way Stand adds an extendable stand to the rear of the case, offering a 20-degree typing angle and 60-degree landscape viewing angle. Both cases are available for pre-order now for $50 and $60, respectively, and are also available in bundles with a ClickSafe Lock for an additional $30 each.
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Philips debuts first Lightning connector headphones, Fidelio M2L
- Video Review: Waterproof Grace Digital Ecostone and iHome iBN6 speakers
- Withings unveils Home video monitor
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple Watch to come in 4GB, 8GB versions?
- Apple hits 10 million iPhone 6, 6 Plus sales in first weekend
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iFixit posts teardowns of iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels