Kensington intros new accessories for iPhone, iPad
Kensington has introduced several new accessories for the iPhone and iPad. Among them are the BungeeAir Power Wireless Security Tether & Battery for iPhone and BungeeAir Protect Wireless Security Tether for iPhone, two new products which combined a small remote fob, 30-pin accessory, and downloadable app to maintain an active wireless connection between the fob and the iPhone, alerting the user should one travel too far from the other while simultaneously password-protecting the phone. The app also lets the accessory serve as a key-finding mechanism. The BungeeAir Power integrates the 30-pin transmitter into a slim battery case for the iPhone 4, offering 1500mAh of extra power and a built-in slot to allow a credit card to serve as a kickstand when viewing the iPhone in landscape orientation. It sells for $100 and is currently available for pre-order on Amazon. The BungeeAir Protect instead includes a small 30-pin dongle for communication with the included fob as well as a case designed to hold the iPhone 4 with the dongle attached. It sells for $80, and is available for pre-order directly from Kensington.
Finally, the new SecureBack Security Cases for iPad 2 allow users to secure their iPads while also offering protection. The standard SecureBack Security Case features three-piece construction, open access to all ports and controls, and an adjustable slider bar that offers quick access to the ClickSafe Security Anchor while also serving as a typing stand, while the SecureBack Security Case with 2-way Stand adds an extendable stand to the rear of the case, offering a 20-degree typing angle and 60-degree landscape viewing angle. Both cases are available for pre-order now for $50 and $60, respectively, and are also available in bundles with a ClickSafe Lock for an additional $30 each.
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Logitech introduces new Logi label
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?