Kensington shows FX500 portable speaker, Car Mount for iPod
Continuing its lines of speakers and car accessories, Kensington has today announced the FX500 Speaker To Go ($50) and Car Mount for iPod and MP3 Players ($30), budget-priced items relative to most of its prior offerings. The successor to Kensington’s earlier FX300, FX500 is a combination iPod case and speaker system, here promising stereo sound from a 1.25” “ultra-thin,” high-density foam enclosure. Its speakers are based on NXT flat-panel technology, and run off of 3 AAAs for up to 10 hours.
All black, Kensington’s Car Mount features a flexible arm and adjustable, padded cradle for positioning your iPod at your preferred angle in a car; a lever-assisted suction mount grips your car. The cradle resizes to fit various iPods and even smaller nanos, with space at the bottom for connection of other accessories. Interestingly, Kensington warns California and Minnesota drivers that Car Mount can’t be mounted on their car windows; it needs to be attached instead to the dashboard in these (and potentially other) states.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?