Kid-friendly Tadpole iPod case announced | iLounge News

Kid-friendly Tadpole iPod case announced

image

iFrogz today announced the Tadpole, a new fifth-generation iPod case made specifically for children ages one and up. Available in multiple colors, the silicone cases features two large handles to help children maintain a solid grip. “iFrogz’s new Tadpole case for kids is a dream come true for busy parents who want a way to keep their child entertained during trips to the grocery store, doctor’s office, post office, etc. and on longer trips too,” says the company. The Tadpole case will begin shipping in early December for $25.

« Analyst: Q4 iPod numbers to be below Street consensus

Mix: Zune, iHeist, McDonald’s, Steve Jobs »

Comments

And what idiot parent will hand their $300+ iPod to a one year old….

Posted by jimlat on October 12, 2006 at 10:44 AM (CDT)

Here’s a fun game. Let’s play “Guess how many throws to the floor it takes to kill the hard drive inside a $250 iPod!”

If you guessed 2 or 3, you win!

Posted by ort on October 12, 2006 at 10:47 AM (CDT)

Agreed,I would not lend my iPod to my 1 year old, but for once we have an interesting case shape, and I, as an adult (maybe it is the kid in me talking) would buy it for myself…

Posted by jclandau on October 12, 2006 at 10:58 AM (CDT)

In desperate times I have handed my iPod over to my 16 month old who enjoys the wubble podcast (a video podcast for preschoolers).  Of course I worried that she would throw it to the floor so I watched her like a hawk.

I see potential with this product.  I’d like to see a review before I trust it to protect my iPod.

Posted by Eric on October 12, 2006 at 11:05 AM (CDT)

“Iā€™d like to see a review before I trust it to protect my iPod.”

Interesting….the article says grip, not protect. I can’t see how a silicone case will protect from more than scratches.

“the silicone cases features two large handles to help children maintain a solid grip.”

Pass…........

Posted by jimlat on October 12, 2006 at 12:32 PM (CDT)

This has dumb written all over it, and even dumber written about the parent who buys it. I guess that’s why the product is made by Dumb & Dumber.

Just the very design makes me want to grab it up and whack the crap out of something with it.

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on October 12, 2006 at 12:34 PM (CDT)

Ridiculous.

And it’s shaped like a pretzel.

Posted by mflat5 in USA on October 12, 2006 at 12:48 PM (CDT)

Yes, just what I want for my kids: ADD and bad vision.

Posted by Chahk on October 12, 2006 at 1:13 PM (CDT)

Sick. My kids will use an iPod when THEY can afford to buy one, not a minute before.

Posted by Aceon6 in New England, USA on October 12, 2006 at 1:36 PM (CDT)

No wonder there are such problems with delinquency nowadays. Parents don’t know how to amuse Kids and Kids don’t know how to amuse themselves.

Posted by Salvo.Dan on October 12, 2006 at 3:54 PM (CDT)

I love iFrogs case designs but this one has got me shaking my head. Was there really a need and a demand for a case like this? I can already see some toddler tossing Mommy or Daddy’s iPod across a room. I’d much rather see iFrogs create a Shuffle case than something like this. Oh, does anyone else get a doggy-chew-toy vibe off this thing?

Posted by rockbox on October 12, 2006 at 4:59 PM (CDT)

And to think someone at iFrogs thought that this was a great idea. “Hey Boss, lets make a ipod case for infants!!” yeah that will sell…(thumbs down)

Posted by brennan on October 12, 2006 at 7:45 PM (CDT)

I actually think this is a decent idea.  No, I wouldn’t just set a one year old free with it, but a 4 or 5 year old, sitting in the car on the way somewhere? Sure, why not.  As long as the fall isn’t too far.  Plus, the handles on the side will provide a decent amount of protection from falls.

Posted by BrettB on October 12, 2006 at 8:03 PM (CDT)

Ummm No. That’s just wrong.

Posted by Maria on October 12, 2006 at 8:03 PM (CDT)

I am glad to see that most of you have the same opinion as i do.  even if i had enough money that i could throw away some I wouldn’t do it on this product.  my boys are 6 & 7, and I am just considering the possiblity of getting them a shuffle for christmas this year.  no way in you know where would I buy my boys a full sized iPod and they’re older than the age group this seems to be marketed at.  and, yes, i do see the dog wanting this one.  on the other hand i do like ifrog’s other products and am considering them for my 80GB…they just missed the mark on this one.  sometimes you wonder what product ideas didn’t make it to market when something like this does.

Posted by franticnomad on October 12, 2006 at 9:47 PM (CDT)

I have a video iPod and a three year old daughter.  I think this is a useful product. I’ve put toddler content on my iPod for airplane and car travel.  The handles on this would work great and protect the iPod.

Posted by Scott on October 12, 2006 at 10:36 PM (CDT)

There’s no need to give kids access to the controls.  They might as well make the whole front closed.  But will toddlers keep earphones in their ears?

They need to put speakers on this thing.

Posted by wco81 in West Coast on October 12, 2006 at 11:53 PM (CDT)

....because your never too young to be a consumer!!
I may be leary of handing a delicate piece of technology to a 3 year old but this product may be suited for the elderly or those with arthritis….it gives a bigger framework to hold.

Posted by SouthernGothic on October 13, 2006 at 8:20 AM (CDT)

It’s obvious most of you here don’t have kids! Sometimes kids get bored of sitting still and just talking or playing with the parents! Sitting in an airport, waiting in the car at school to pick up the other child, etc… I’ve let my children watch the kids shows I’ve bought on iTunes. With this, one of them could hold it instead of me doing it for them!

Posted by J3 on October 13, 2006 at 9:30 AM (CDT)

@Salvo.Dan:
“Here’s another Idea; actually spend time with your kids and when they need to be quiet, tell them to be quiet.”

Heh.  Reminded me of Bender from Futurama: “Have you tried turning the TV off, sitting down with your children… and hitting them?”

Posted by Chahk on October 13, 2006 at 10:25 AM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >