Klipsch: New iFi speakers pack high-end features
Speaking with iLounge today about Klipsch’s upcoming iFi dockable speaker system for the iPod ($399), a company spokesman explained that iFi offers “much more” than the company’s existing GMX 2.1-series speakers, which we’ve already tested and liked, and with 89 decibel output “is more powerful than any other dedicated iPod system [ever] made.”
As noted in our previous story on iFi, the system includes two of the company’s RSX-3 series Reference Satellite speakers and a large woofer for strong bass response. Klipsch also notes that the system’s remote control “works through walls”, and that “up to a total of 6 remotes can be programmed to work with a single system.” The system is silver in color and features a “light bar” iPod dock, which can be customized for use with different iPods.
Klipsch adds that the iFi’s components are “unique in all of the world of multimedia because they are not used in multimedia, they are used in the most advanced high-end gear,” and include a “titanium tweeter diaphragm, anodized aluminum woofer, genuine compression driver, real crossover networks, aluminum fascia and pedestal/mounting foot, [and] ported bass reflex design.” The system will be available in March.
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?