Klipsch: New iFi speakers pack high-end features
Speaking with iLounge today about Klipsch’s upcoming iFi dockable speaker system for the iPod ($399), a company spokesman explained that iFi offers “much more” than the company’s existing GMX 2.1-series speakers, which we’ve already tested and liked, and with 89 decibel output “is more powerful than any other dedicated iPod system [ever] made.”
As noted in our previous story on iFi, the system includes two of the company’s RSX-3 series Reference Satellite speakers and a large woofer for strong bass response. Klipsch also notes that the system’s remote control “works through walls”, and that “up to a total of 6 remotes can be programmed to work with a single system.” The system is silver in color and features a “light bar” iPod dock, which can be customized for use with different iPods.
Klipsch adds that the iFi’s components are “unique in all of the world of multimedia because they are not used in multimedia, they are used in the most advanced high-end gear,” and include a “titanium tweeter diaphragm, anodized aluminum woofer, genuine compression driver, real crossover networks, aluminum fascia and pedestal/mounting foot, [and] ported bass reflex design.” The system will be available in March.
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Parrot announces 13 new Minidrones
- Apple issues recall of Beats Pill XL speaker
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- AppleCare+ now covers battery replacement at 80% of original capacity
- Elton John, Pharrell, Dr. Dre, Drake, St. Vincent, others to host Beats 1 shows
- Apps containing Confederate flag pulled from App Store
- Taylor Swift’s ‘1989’ album to stream on Apple Music
- Apple publishes detailed list of Siri HomeKit commands
- Apple to pay 0.2 cents per song during Apple Music free trial
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Monitors
- SwitchEasy Canvas + Rave for iPad Air 2
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?