Lajo announces exomini case for iPod mini | iLounge News

Lajo announces exomini case for iPod mini

pic####, the designer of 3G iPod silicone cases, exo, exo2 and exo3 is pleased to present exomini. Like the exo series cases, the exomini is made from the highest grade Japanese silicone with 2.0mm of silicone protection on all sides, and features access to all functions. The exomini costs $17.50 and is currently available in Asphalt (black) only. Over 50 colors and Art designs are planned as new colors will be added weekly. Exomini accessories include iShade a TPU multi colored screen protectors, bungee a TPU multi colored safety strap and over 70 color combinations of ####’s newly introduced SWVclip belt clip. Upcoming accessories include an armband, hand strap, a “revolutionary” belt clip, car mount etc.  #### accessories are interchangeable and you can use your existing or newly purchased accessories with any one of the ####’s exo series for the 3G iPod or iPodmini. To view a larger picture of exomini go to ####.com, click on just released then click on exomini.

« XO Play announces new “BUM” iPod game

Hitachi drive shortage delays iPod mini worldwide »

Comments

Nice. Black. smile

Posted by robotZER0 on March 26, 2004 at 8:37 AM (PDT)

Gotta admit… If I were a mini owner, I’d likely hardly ever use a protective case… and much less a skin-type case.  The brushed metal doesn’t scratch easily… my mini would sit naked either in my pocket or on the included belt clip.

Until then, I’ll remain a case-aholic for my 3G iPod.  :-D

Posted by azdude_15gb on March 26, 2004 at 8:47 AM (PDT)

#### will you have top, back, and bottom views of the new ipodmini case on your site too?

Posted by renderboy on March 26, 2004 at 8:48 AM (PDT)

I thought that #### and iskin had split, but the ####.com url seems to indicate otherwise?  what’s the deal?

Posted by bostonboy on March 26, 2004 at 9:54 AM (PDT)

bostonboy writes:
“I thought that #### and iskin had split, but the ####.com url seems to indicate otherwise? what’s the deal?”

You’re confusing two different URL’s:

http://www.####.com (redirects you automatically to http://www.####.biz/####/)

Posted by AndyH on March 26, 2004 at 10:08 AM (PDT)

Yo, azdude_15gb. I know the mini is a hell of a lot more scratch resistant than the original, but I got a blue mini a while back, and I can tell you while I’ve been really gentle with it so far, the Apple logo on the back got a scratch in it (this is rough sort of soft patch, I think they get logo’d after they’re anodized) and a sctrach or two on the screen. Nothing bad, mind you, but I’d never put the mini anywheres else but *alone* in my pocket - a backpack is out of the question, for example.

But my biggest concern is definatley the port, it’s already got all sorts of linty sh*t in it, and it could definatley use the integrated cover that I assume is found on ####’s case. Personally, I’m waiting for whatever iSkin come up with. I fully expect it to be a bit nicer, or at least show more than one angle of the porduct and have a wee bit of information, unlike ####, who’s website, by the way, resfuses to play nice with Firefox.

That, and they’re in Canada, and so am I.

Posted by Pony Canyon on March 26, 2004 at 7:36 PM (PDT)

#### exomini cases are very expensive. They should lower their price smile 2 pair for $17.50 is a good price.

Posted by WoW on March 27, 2004 at 3:53 AM (PDT)

Looks just like Speck’s case. Boring.  Hope iSkin’s version’s better.  Judging from the image on their site, it looks nicer. My mini will be here soon so I gotta get a case.

Posted by Mr. Earl on March 27, 2004 at 9:42 AM (PDT)

Hey I went to ####’s site to get a better glimpse of the new mini case, but they didn’t have a bigger picture. Where can I go to get a better look? Thanks.

Posted by speedybluedragon on March 27, 2004 at 2:30 PM (PDT)

If you want to see a larger picture of exomini, go to ####.com, products menu, Apple, go to the 6th item on the left, exomini and click the magnify icon. Later this coming week you will see and i beside the magnify icon, click it an you will see the feature page for exomini

Posted by Lajo on March 27, 2004 at 4:53 PM (PDT)

Hey #### thank for the post, and sorry for being a dumb ### but the magnifying glass in my browser for some reason is not clickable? Do I need a plug in of some kind? Thanks. Oh yeah and one more thing, are you going to have the glo colors too? If yes, I was wondering when, can’t wait to slip on a slick case for the mini. smile

Posted by speedybluedragon on March 27, 2004 at 6:00 PM (PDT)

Like exo, exomini will be well over 50 colors and designs starting with our top ten colors

Posted by Lajo on March 27, 2004 at 8:11 PM (PDT)

So does every other major brand no? If you are in posession of any form of brand, you yourself is supporting that exploitation. So have some respect for the others in this lounge when making remarks.

Posted by speedybluedragon on March 28, 2004 at 1:49 AM (PDT)

“#### sucks DICK” ... what you say is accurate, yes, but is there any need to publicise it so blatently?

Please people, where’s the constructive comments about this?

Posted by sour grapes on March 28, 2004 at 2:59 AM (PDT)

Hey ####, I paid for 2 of these cases a two weeks ago and never received them. I heard there have been some issues with people not getting their stuff delivered from you. Can you let me know what’s going on please.

Posted by vapid on March 28, 2004 at 7:48 AM (PDT)

####, please could you give us a little extra info on the mini exo?
Most importantly - Does it have a screen protector? What kind of screen protector?

Are all the ports covered? Can I attach iTrip?

Needless to say, there is a huge market for your cases, but without these details, I doubt too many people will be too willing to part with their hard earned cash. I have been waiting for the iSkin, as i am not too impressed by the other cases currently available, but yours might just be worth it - provided I get the extra info! Have you sent iPodlounge a copy to review? Help us out please! Pictures etc can not be that hard to sort out?

Posted by alaniski on March 29, 2004 at 6:41 AM (PDT)

Exomini has all the same features of exo.  The case is 2.0mm thick on all sides, top and bottom.  The feature page for exomini is being worked on and will be up this week.  There are more cases coming out, you will see another announced before the end of this week. I personally feel the iPodmini will be one of the hotest MP3s on the market and my company is getting ready to build a case to meet your particular need.

Posted by Lajo on March 29, 2004 at 2:48 PM (PDT)

####, surely you can understand that clrifying a few things about the mini’s case will benefit you? Can’t you just tell us ‘Yes the screen is protected’ or ‘No there is no screen protector’
People want to buy your case, but need more details on it.
As far as I am concerned, I am willing to wait a couple of days and then buy an iSkin, even though I have no particular preference, simple because the information about the iSkin is more complete!
I suspect that if you clarify the information on your iPod mini skin, you will get more sales - Unless of course you are avoiding giving us details, simply because your product is inferior and does not have features like a protective screen covering? I bought my skin for my gen 3 iPod off you and was/am very happy with it, but that is not enough to sell me a mini skin!

No one will buy from you without you providing further information, so do yourself AND us a favour and get some details online?

Posted by alaniski on March 31, 2004 at 2:04 AM (PDT)

I concur~.

Posted by speedybluedragon on March 31, 2004 at 7:16 AM (PDT)