Lajo announces zipodmini case for iPod mini | iLounge News

Lajo announces zipodmini case for iPod mini

pic

“Zipodmini is the first of 8 new cases planned to be released by #### for Apple’s explosively successful iPod mini. With a quick zip ####’s zipodmini case will protect your iPod mini with 0.3mm of ultra clear TPU skin. What is TPU you ask? If you rollerbladed the tough yet soft wheels that glide you over concrete and pavement are one of the high performance products made from TPU.  Your mini’s click/touch wheel will be totally covered with TPU yet it will function as though there was nothing between your fingers and it. Soon #### will be offering zipodmini with graphic designs by known and budding artists.  During the month of March, zipodmini will come with a free TPU earphone zip case.”

« How to replace your iPod’s battery

iPod racer video »

Comments

Ha Ha Ha! This #### is trying to sell a makeup case for the mini?

Posted by Greg on March 19, 2004 at 8:38 AM (PDT)

I like it. It doesn’t add any extra bulk, looks like it provides basic scratch protection, and doesn’t hide the color or styling of the mini. Nice for when I just want to toss my mini in my backpack or put in it a pocket with change or keys.

Posted by Chimpee on March 19, 2004 at 10:17 AM (PDT)

has anyone used this, or the one for the original iPod?  I like the way it doesn’t hide the Mini, but is the touchwheel really usable beneath it?  Also, will it still fir in the belt clip that came with the mini?  I doubt it, but it would make it very appealing if it did.

Posted by davsug on March 19, 2004 at 10:40 AM (PDT)

I’d be surprised if it’ll fit in the belt clip with that plastic around it.

This looks good to me but I wonder if you can operate the hold switch when it is in the case. If you can’t that’s a bit of a pain. You may be able to operate the scroll wheel through the case but I suspect you’ll have to unzip it to get to the hold switch.

Posted by huckleberry on March 19, 2004 at 10:50 AM (PDT)

Doubt this provides much in the way of shock protection,  which is my main reason for using a case.

I’m using a leather iPod mini sleeve from inCase right now and it works pretty well—although it does hide the mini a bit. Think I’ll stick with it—I just don’t see that the #### case wil protect the mini even slightly if it slips out of my hands—nor will it help keep it from slipping.

Has anyone actually used on of these yet?

Posted by Marian Petrides on March 19, 2004 at 11:28 AM (PDT)

Hey! Thanks for mentioning the new inCase case for the mini. I love their cases for the iPod and this is the first mention of this case I’ve seen. inCases’ own website has been closed for a couple of weeks… I’m going to look into that…

Posted by huckleberry on March 19, 2004 at 1:41 PM (PDT)

i’ve used on for the 3rd gen ipod, and i have all kinds of ####’s cases, but this one is in my opinion the best (and cheapest) of all. Heres why i like it:
1) Slim—it hugs the ipod really tight, slides in and out of pockets easily (unlike exos) and the belt clip attachment is FULLY removable, leaving the back completely flat
2) Clear—preserves the look and feel of ipod that everyoen loves
3) Full ipod scratch protection—the ipod is not getting scratched with this on
4) Accessories—dockable when unzipped but still on, and compatible with itrip, this is and excellent case.

Posted by shermanash on March 19, 2004 at 1:48 PM (PDT)

When I first started to produce TPU zip cases for the 2nd and 3rd gen iPods I was so impressed with the strength of TPU that I have since invested in my own manufacturing equipment to produce and control the quality of my cases. Over the past year I have over come many problems with manufacturing TPU cases such as finding and purchasing the right equipment that could heat seal the TPU, buying quality material and finding a manufacture that was willing to invest in new equipment to make TPU zippers.  The Chinese vinyl case companies that I first started with gave up on making my TPU cases because their equipment were not able to seal the material and once I invested in the equipment for them they found that TPU was much more difficult to work with than they calculated and their output was about 80% less than that of their vinyl cases. This only made me want to produce TPU cases more because I knew that the threat of competition was nearly nil.  Now after over 6 months of manufacturing TPU cases in my own factory I have been able to substantially upgrade the zip case quality and I am now ready to start introducing colors and artistís art screenings. One obsession of mine is to find the best of material, to this date I have not found any material that is as ultra clear, scratch resistant, stretchable and with material memory properties that can hold a candle to TPU and if I do you can be sure I will be using it.

Posted by Lajo on March 19, 2004 at 6:50 PM (PDT)

will it fit in the armband with the case on?? I just need something that will weather protect and scratch protect while working out… thanks

Posted by bob on March 20, 2004 at 12:11 AM (PDT)

Plug plug plug plug plug, is there any chance you can shoehorn any more advertising onto this site. Ipodlounge YOU BLOW - BIG TIME. That stupid annoying advertising pop-up just confirms your total disregard for the user’s experience, in favour of lining your own pockets…. which is, after all, the only reason you’ve latched on to the topic of the iPod.

You don’t care. None of you do.

Posted by Blatent advertising on March 20, 2004 at 1:57 AM (PDT)

Where’d you just come from?
The ore mines of Pluto?!

Bandwidth doesn’t pay itself man.
I don’t even know WHY this needs to be explained to you.

Posted by Redux on March 20, 2004 at 3:13 AM (PDT)

I think you may have to start at the begin for that person

Posted by Lajo on March 20, 2004 at 5:45 AM (PDT)

The Zip case for the 3G iPod unzipped at the bottom, which meant you didn’t have to remove the device from the case in order to attach the dock or the cable. According to the picture on the #### site, this case zips at the top. I’d prefer not to have to remove the iPod from the case everytime I want to charge or sync it.

Posted by navamske on March 20, 2004 at 8:02 AM (PDT)

That depends

With the normal iPod, Apple recommends you remove ANY case before charging (as the metal back acts as a heatsink for the battery and hdd).

I don’t know about the mini though, does Apple say anything about it?

If so, I think the “zipness” is pretty handy

Posted by Redux on March 21, 2004 at 12:08 AM (PDT)

where is the 3G version of this? I can’t find it on the site or locate a 3rd party reseller in the UK.  The overhead banners on the #### site seem to always point to pages that aren’t there and navigating the site is a real pain. You can’t find much of anything really

Posted by Fenn on March 21, 2004 at 1:11 AM (PDT)

You can find the 3rd gen version by clicking the products menu then click Apple then zip. The new double zip case will be up next week

Posted by Lajo on March 21, 2004 at 2:47 AM (PDT)

Just fix your damn web site already. It’s a mess, full of broken links and navigation sets us back to the 1980’s.

Posted by rdowns in NYC on March 21, 2004 at 4:21 AM (PDT)

Our sales of 1 to 5 items has more than doubled since we got the new products menu up so some of it must be ok and now we have orders from online distributors that buy 1000 or more items at one go which is about 2 pages of orders and they are in and out in a few minutes. I tried to duplicate this on many other sites and my patients ran out after about 20 minutes of clicking an item and being forced to the order form then back to the order pages one item at a time, I have yet to find a multi order site. These were some of the main features I wanted to develop and I am quite pleased with our results plus we resolve the Safari compatibility problem we had before. HTML feature pages are being worked on and this will only increase the information and order process.

It would be helpful if you could give a specific problem area and the order of clicks that get you to that problem.

In about 10 days and we will be putting up 7 new silicone cases for iPodmini with feature pages and promo pages, take a look then and let me know what you think.

Posted by Lajo on March 21, 2004 at 5:20 AM (PDT)

Ok #### no probs, never mind, you probably knew this ipod gear’d never catch on anyway.

Posted by iPod'r on March 21, 2004 at 12:16 PM (PDT)

Yeah that’s schweeeet ####, cheers for letting us know.

Posted by 10bellies on March 21, 2004 at 12:29 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >