Lajo releases “dock friendly” exoflp case for iPod | iLounge News

Lajo releases “dock friendly” exoflp case for iPod

picToday Lajo released a new addition to his lineup of silicone cases named the exoflp. The exoflp features button and wheel protection (like the exo3), a back slit which makes the exoflp dock friendly, and is designed to fit tight with anti tear rings at each end. Exoflp can be found at xskn.com, click just released or enter exoflp into the search engine. “Lajo designs iPod cases with the philosophy that no on design, or color, or pattern will meet every one’s needs and as a result his exo series for 3rd gen iPod has four case, over 50 colors, a variety of interchangeable accessories including screen protectors in a variety of colors and his just release SWVclip which can be color coordinated with you exoflp to make you the talk of the town.” The exoflp costs $21.50 (case only) plus $5 shipping to anywhere in the world.

« New PodGear CarDock in car charger/holder released

iSkin releases iSkin eVo iPod protector »

Comments

I’ve ordered about 5 cases from Lajo.  Cost is right and shipping from China isn’t very much and is more often than not less than US sellers.

I am constantly frustrated with Lajo’s website.  Sure iPod owners expect something that’s pretty, but we also expect things that work easily with no confusion.

Plus what you don’t like makes a killing on eBay.  I paid $15 for 2 cases on his 2 for 1 giveaway and sold them for $20 each plus $5 shipping.

Posted by dethbrakr on March 29, 2004 at 4:38 PM (CST)

Lajo,

How is it you are so quick to answer posts on this forum but not emails from paying customers?

Posted by Scott M on March 29, 2004 at 6:38 PM (CST)

Well Lajo won’t reply to emails unless you are praising him or paying him for some crappy product.

Here’s a guarantee, if you email him about his zipskins not fitting around and exo’d ipod 30GB eventhough the website “says” it will, he won’t reply. There is also a nice thread on this in the case forum.

This sort of business practice does not deserve to survive!

Posted by 93732 on March 29, 2004 at 7:53 PM (CST)

You know what I think is funny about this whole thread? Probably the same people now bashing Lajo for NOT making a case with a dock opening are now the people bashing him for supposedly ripping off Speck. Whatever. It’s obvious you can’t please everyone all the time. Personally, I’ve always been satisfied with my dealings with him/his company.

Posted by Prudence in Somerville, MA on March 29, 2004 at 7:55 PM (CST)

The email backed up right now.  There are over 500 emails in 3 boxes to answer and all of them are unsorted.  I answer the majority of emails and it will continue to be so until my secretary finds someone in China who can help out. If you have a problem you should start your email with the subject problem + shipping or product + your order id, that will get you a faster answer. My programmer and I are working on an online service center which will sort problems on shipping, or products and ensure that the incoming is legitimate mail by limiting access to those with an order id, this will speed things up. One thing for sure when I get to your mail I will give you a reply and if you have a problem I will sort it out and compensate you if needed, no one goes away without being treated fairly.  I enjoy the communication with our customers so my replies are not as short as they could be but that is the way I do business. I underestimated the individual orders business, I thought that most of our business would be handled by resellers because in most cases their prices are slightly lower than ours are and when we have a special they can offer the same special to their clients because of our computer system give them their dealer discount plus the special. Information on products will be handled the same way and there will be a separate access point for business people to get info on reselling and distributing. I am sure this new system will solve a lot of problems.

Could you post your order id and your email and I will help you out?

Posted by Lajo on March 29, 2004 at 8:14 PM (CST)

I also think that flipping out towards the front is a poorly-thought out design, but I don’t really use my dock anyhow :) I do like that Lajo continually updates his product line and puts out high-quality products; I’ve got two Exos and have never had a problem with communication or shipping from him.

Posted by Bobo on March 29, 2004 at 8:21 PM (CST)

lajo,
i would be obliged if you would kindly advise wither thru your website or here:-
1. Can the new exflp be used with an iTrip?
2. Is the clip compatible?
3. is there a screen protector.
Regards

Posted by jperacha in London, UK on March 30, 2004 at 2:47 AM (CST)

Why don’t we change the name of this forum to LajoLounge? He keeps releasing overpriced crap and you shill everyone as if it’s the second coming. Enough already.

Posted by rdowns in NYC on March 30, 2004 at 4:03 AM (CST)

Exoflp will not work with iTrip, but now that we are on the topic I should tell you that I am designing an exo (2.0mm thick) case especially for iTrip, exo3 is only 0.7mm thick and that is why you can use it with iTrip. I hope to have this new case out in less than 30 days.
IShades works with exoflp and so does SWVclip and the new clips coming out. Also exozip 10/15/20gb and 30/40gb are designed to add the finishing touch for total protection. If you had a chance to look at the 30 days top selling 10, 20, 30 products you will see that the accessories on my site are at the top of the list. So people are buying one exo case as case alone and then buying the add on and coming back to buy more. SWVclip is becoming quite the thing now, you can get one case in indigo and get a SWVclip that is white with indigo, indigo with black, a line of indigo on a white background or black background and it goes on and on much like Forest Gumps scrimp boat partner tell Gump how you can cook shrimps.

Posted by Lajo on March 30, 2004 at 4:51 AM (CST)

rdowns,

Why not iskin lounge?  Anyway, I’m happy with both the service and product that I’ve received from Lajo.  Other skin makers charge too much for comparable product.  Not sure how the people at iskin sleep at night given the prices they charge.

For the person who asked about button and scroll wheel protection on the exo3, it does not cause a problem for me.

Posted by VegasRobb on March 30, 2004 at 7:36 AM (CST)

I’ve had a problem with Lajo too - he’s charged me for 3 cases I purchased weeks ago and never received, no response to emails, basically no service whatsoever.

This guy is a waste of space. I’ve given up and bought an alternative case, meaning I’ve paid twice because of this con man.

Posted by Problems on March 30, 2004 at 7:49 AM (CST)

Lajo, please can you stop charging people and then NOT despatching the goods… that’s actually illegal.

The way it works is you charge just as the item is about to be despatched.

Dissatisfied customers complain to your local trading standards office, get this rip off merchant closed down… like has been mentioned, he seems to have PLENTY of time to spunk over his cases and post naff self promoting cheesy response after response on here, so perhaps he should be spending a bit more time on his “backlog” of his inbox.

500 emails - that’s DISGUSTING, most businesspeople would consider it a PRIORITY to sort out a situation like that.

You’re an imbesile Lajo, and your products are overpriced copies of your competitors.

Posted by BigBadBob on March 30, 2004 at 11:26 AM (CST)

The way it works is you charge just as the item is about to be despatched.

Posted by BigBadBob on March 30, 2004 at 11:27 AM (CST)

BigBadBob post your order id here and I will be glad to help you.

Posted by Lajo on March 30, 2004 at 11:50 AM (CST)

No, fuck you Lajo.

Posted by BigBadBob on March 30, 2004 at 12:50 PM (CST)

If you don’t have an order id number you don’t have a complaint

Posted by Lajo on March 30, 2004 at 4:42 PM (CST)

i would just like to say that every transaction ive had with lajo has been great. i really dont know where some of you are coming from… ive gotten nothing less than the best service from him.

Posted by bb_dg on March 30, 2004 at 5:01 PM (CST)

I have ordered 2 each of both the exo and exo2 cases from Lajo and I have no complaints.  Everything shipped in a timely manner and they didn’t even smell when I opened them up.  I also never had a problem with my 30gb (in it’s exo) not fitting into the clear zipcase.  As a matter of fact, I’m impressed that the actual owner of the company personally responds to any consumer emails at all.

I will probably order the exoflp as soon as I can confirm that they have made the covers over the buttons as thin as the cover over the “wheel” AND they beveled the edges of the hole for the “lock switch” at the top.

I have no idea why anyone would want the case to flip backwards so please don’t change that.

FYI BigBadBob…  This is how you spell imbeCile

Keep up the good work Lajo!!!

Posted by obladida on March 30, 2004 at 5:28 PM (CST)

Nice to know that other are reading.
Now I understand the problem that Amazon went through when they got caught up in the end part of the business. We can manufacture, we can take the orders, we can deliver but now to answer all the emails. When the pressure turns on I come back to what makes me feel good and that is how great it is to be alive during a time when we can communicate and do business from the all parts of the world. Back to work and thanks for the comments. Also if you have a problem please include your order id and your key if you have one for my key program with every communication, that will get things moving. The rest we will create a computer assisted program to help move mail along faster.

Posted by Lajo on March 30, 2004 at 6:44 PM (CST)

These comments are intended to be about the article and not as a customer service forum for Lajo.
Please take any complaints to Lajo’s own forums or email Lajo directly (though as he has 500 emails yet to read you may be waiting for some time) rather than post them here.

Posted by MadPict in UK on March 31, 2004 at 2:24 AM (CST)

Page 2 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3 >