Lajo’s secret next-generation cases revealed | iLounge News

Lajo’s secret next-generation cases revealed

Following the success of Lajo’s eXo and eXo 2 cases for 3G iPods, iLounge can now exclusively reveal details on two new #### cases currently in development for 2004 release. (click ‘Read more’)

eXo series 4 (not actual name): iLounge has learned that even with the release of the eXo 3 only days away, #### is currently working on another silicone-based iPod case. The case, which has been in development for weeks, will undergo initial manufacturing testing for the first time in the next week. “Testing of the mold will be in about 7 days,” explained China-based #### in an interview, noting that the Chinese New Year has temporarily delayed that process. Previous iterations of the eXo have included varying thicknesses of silicone protection for the iPod and its controls, an increasing array of colors and belt clip options, and evolving stylistic improvements. While details on the next-generation case are scant, the chief improvements requested by eXo users in the iLounge forums are the ability to properly dock the iPod while in its case, and superior screen protection. Users have also contemplated the prospect of a case for the new iPod mini.

Lajo’s Leather Case: iLounge has also learned that #### plans a 2004 release for a designer-class leather case for the iPod. While many iPod owners prefer form-fitting silicone or the high-impact clear plastic found in Speck Products’ Flipstand, case makers such as Vaja have also enjoyed success with higher-end leather designs. According to ####, his company’s leather product has gone through three designers in an effort to create a unique and superior product. “Nothing like it has [ever] been produced,” #### claimed, “and it may start a trend.”

Stay tuned to this space for additional news on these new products, as well as iLounge’s upcoming reviews of the recently released eXo Inferno and eXo 3 cases.

« Refurbished 10GB 3G iPod for $229

Macworld UK Polls iPod users on the iPod battery »

Comments

nice dead website

Posted by Albert on January 28, 2004 at 9:51 AM (PDT)

Well, it’s all well and good that so many great changes are going on over at ####’s place, but quite frankly until he does something with his pot of a website, people are going to be as frustrated as ever. ####—if you’re reading this, start using some graceful *HTML* instead of choking your website with enormous images and horrible image maps—your website is a mess, and it would be in your best interest to do something about it. Cheers.

Posted by Steve on January 28, 2004 at 10:05 AM (PDT)

I hate that website, but I’ve been waiting for a dockable silicone-based iPod case for a while now - hopefully it is finally on its way!

Posted by me on January 28, 2004 at 10:07 AM (PDT)

Damn right, the site is a mess, im on a 56k and its takes ages to load, the layout is also poor.
Instead of making endless newer versions of the iSkin just try and get the site to a reasonable standard!

Posted by Rich on January 28, 2004 at 10:12 AM (PDT)

I believe #### is well aware of the problems with his site. I’m on a DSL connection and it has been loading even after reading the article above.

I hope the new cases fit the iTrip.

Posted by narco in Burbank on January 28, 2004 at 10:35 AM (PDT)

that website is without question one of the most poorly designed ever. ####, please do us all a favor because we love your stuff but the website is a pain. im interested in the leather case personally.

Posted by headphoneboy on January 28, 2004 at 11:07 AM (PDT)

I would like to add my .02. I love the look and function of the site but not the load tim es. I don’t know if these are mutually exclusive or not. How about a low bandwidth option as well as the current site. I am sure you could get many people from the lounge to build this site in exchange for cases.

Posted by cheddar on January 28, 2004 at 12:26 PM (PDT)

I’m looking at my dock, and i dont see how there could possibly be room for a dockable silicon case. Seems like it would require modification to the dock before anything would really fit in there with the ipod.

Posted by twonine on January 28, 2004 at 12:43 PM (PDT)

Hear! Hear! Albert. Cheers!

Posted by The White Gold on January 28, 2004 at 12:47 PM (PDT)

Dear twonine,
Your right! How could a silicon case fit in the dock. Well some of the cases out there are able to detach the bottom part of the case with a flip back motion and then fit on the dock. Not sure if ####’s cases do that, but there are cases out there that can.
Hope it helps.

Posted by The White Gold on January 28, 2004 at 12:51 PM (PDT)

Well,I am on Road Runner and I can go eat dinner,take a shower and listen to all 8gb’s of music on my ipod before that site loads.

All these products are wonderfull…wake me up when we can actually buy them.

Posted by Json on January 28, 2004 at 1:18 PM (PDT)

WIth the dock issue, #### could possible make a dock that comes with the iskins that is wider at the bases so the ipod can fit wit the base and sell it as an add on
PS THE SITE SUX

Posted by Blah on January 28, 2004 at 2:02 PM (PDT)

#### announces more products than he actually ships. Where are those exo3’s? Oh an those new clips? Json’s right… wake me up when I can buy.

Posted by dlarius on January 28, 2004 at 2:16 PM (PDT)

What I can’t figure out for the life of me is why someone hasn’t come out with a redesigned white (or other colored) plastic dock insert - ie you can remove the white plastic piece of the dock and replace it with one that has been designed to hold skinned ‘pods.  It is easy to take apart the dock. And there is room underneath the plastic top for a larger docking “hole”.  Plenty of room in fact.  One may wonder if there is so much room under there for the purpose of larger capacity iPods in the near future?

Posted by just replace the dock. on January 28, 2004 at 3:06 PM (PDT)

####’s website, seriously, is the worst I’ve ever seen.  It is so confusing that I think it has been done intentionally.  There is just no way anyone designs a website so haphazardly that all of the links are messed up by accident.  It REALLY reflects poorly on ####’s products. Think it about it. The user feels like he’s been taken for a ruse to get him to look at the entire site.  Total exercise in futility, and the fact that users have been complaining for so long without any changes means that the company just plain doesn’t care.

Posted by website wreaks on January 28, 2004 at 4:25 PM (PDT)

i have cable, so the website isn’t bad loading. but come on guys, he tried so hard to get a website with pictures of every color that he had (which is what the lounge generally wanted him to do) and now you guys are bashing him for it.

Posted by andy on January 28, 2004 at 6:05 PM (PDT)

it’s not about having pictures of his products, it’s having every piece of TEXT on his site made into an IMAGE and using obsolete image maps everywhere. Steve is right, use some [valid] [X]HTML. I could write a site for him that looks the same and uses half (if not less) the bandwidth. Not to brag, anyone who knows [X]HTML and CSS could do that.

Posted by saycheese200 on January 28, 2004 at 7:58 PM (PDT)

“####’s secret next-generation cases revealed”

Did I miss something? There was so little revealed in that. I want my next-generation #### cases FULLY revealed. As in totally naked news. As in all of it. I’m sitting here with my mouse in my hand, all excited, but then it went limp :-(

Posted by renderboy on January 28, 2004 at 8:26 PM (PDT)

I want to see what he can do with leather.

Posted by Rick on January 29, 2004 at 6:38 AM (PDT)

#### YOUR SITE SUCKS quite honestly raspberry No offense.

It’s WAY too complicated, and it loads fine for me (DSL) but navigation is a nightmare. And all those acronyms or whatever is confusing, ####2? What the hell is that. Was there a #### (1)? It mentions nothing about EXO3, but the just released portion has exo3s for sale? (the links to “view features” and shop by color work, but don’t bring you to the right area of the page?)

Why can’t you just have a SIMPLE, CLEAR, BIG LETTERED description, next to a NICE SIZED PHOTO of each product (from different angles)?

####2: beauty in the beast….... I’d say!

I wouldn’t even order from that site (are you really supposed to fill in those forms w/ quantity and click submit and order right from there?)
I would rather go to a reseller…...

it’s just craptacular..

Posted by spirit on February 3, 2004 at 1:46 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >