Largest iPod User Group launched
Join the largest iPod user group in the world. (Over 19,000 members)
iLounge has been planning to develop an online iPod User Group since February 2004. Now, having received encouraging words and support from Mac/iPod author Chris Breen, and Chuck Joiner, the man Chris named ‘Grand Poobah’ of Macintosh User Groups, we’ve decided to go for it. With over 19,000 members in our Forums (the largest online community of iPod owners worldwide) iLounge has a “built-in audience,” as Chuck has put it, and we always want to find ways to improve the lives of our members.
How do you become a member?
Good news. If you’re a registered member of the iLounge forums, you’re already a member of the free iPod User Group - the largest iPod User Group in the world. If you’re not yet a member of the forums, join up and become a part of the iPod User Group.
iPod User Group benefits
Monthly Monday Meetings and Deals.
We will hold official online chats on the first Monday of every month via iChat and AOL AIM beginning at 6 pm ET/3 pm PT. Every member is welcomed and encouraged to participate. Each chat will include gear giveaways, a feature discussion with an industry expert or accessory manufacturer, discounts and information regarding the iPod/iPod mini, tips, hacks, mods, latest gear updates and more.
Win a Prize:
As a side benefit, we plan to offer giveaways at each official chat. In addition to giveaways of new iPod gear, we will give away one iLounge t-shirt (winner’s choice of size and design) per chat. (Note: Winners have to be a registered member of the iLounge forums.)
All members will be sent an email newsletter featuring member profiles, recent iPod news, recent Site news, special deals/discounts and more. Members may opt-out of the emailed newsletter at any time, but who would want to?
Watch this space for more info and news as we line up our first guests and topics for the first online meeting on Monday, May 3, 2004 at 6 pm ET/3 pm PT.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone