Lavender iPod mini? | iLounge News

Lavender iPod mini?

An eBay auction has turned up a lavender iPod mini. We don’t know what to make of this, but we are checking with the auctioner for more proof. The ‘Buy It Now’ price has been set at a whopping $575. Buyer beware.

“DO YOU LIKE THE UNUSUAL? Then this mini iPod is for you. I ordered a pink iPod for my daughter and waited a month for it to come. When it finally came it was in a box that showed pink, but when we opened it, it was lavender! I spoke to the company and they say they don’t even make lavender and it was a mistake with the dielot. Personally I love the lavender but my daughter wants the pink one, so this one is up for auction. The company couldn’t believe it and says it will probably become a collectible. It is totally BRAND NEW & perfect, we opened the box and took the picture, it hasn’t been used.”

« New iPod commercial airs on TV

iTunes prices should be lower, labels “don’t get it” »

Comments

Just because he got something for his little girl doesn’t mean she is spoiled.

Besides the fact, I think anybody will pay for something that is “unusual.”  If they did mess up the “dielot,” shouldn’t there be more lavender minis out there?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 12:12 PM (CDT)

Who said anything about the girl being spoiled?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 12:17 PM (CDT)

So, I guess it got the pink-treatment and the blue-treatment?  Anyone out there know anything about the coating process, and if this would work?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 12:50 PM (CDT)

That ipod is NOT lavender. that is just a pink ipod. that is what color pink the ipods are. i thought it was a little purpley too, but def. not lavender. my pink mini looks just like the one the woman posted.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 1:02 PM (CDT)

Yep. My girlfriend has a pink iPod, and it looks EXACTLY like the one in the auction.

This guy is nuts.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 1:13 PM (CDT)

My best friend has a pink mini and the color absolutely does not match the photos in the auction.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 1:30 PM (CDT)

Whatever color this is it’s ugly. A true dark purple would be cool..lavender is ok but this looks more like a dirty pink..a dark pink..I wouldn’t pay a dime over retail for it.

Now if it came out black or cherry red or some really cool but obviously not intended color then maybe but this is too close to the actual pink color…

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 1:39 PM (CDT)

The post referring to the “spoiled little girl” was deleted.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 1:53 PM (CDT)

It’s the color of Barney.

Scary.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 1:55 PM (CDT)

LOL… all that is, is a Pink mini in bad lighting…. nothing more…. take it from a guy who studied color theory in college even and the effects of all that .. etc.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 2:48 PM (CDT)

They say the iPod hasn’t been used..yet look closely at the picture. It’s been charged.

Unless the iPod minis come half-charged, I smell a fake.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 2:56 PM (CDT)

my iPod mini came with a small charge and i could scroll through the menus, etc. before it had been plugged in.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 2:59 PM (CDT)

my mini did come with some charge on it.

the color does not look like the pink that I’ve seen, but that’s not to say that the image was taken in good lighting or even that the picture hasn’t been manipulated

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 3:02 PM (CDT)

thats the color a mini should be. a pink one that is. so i dont get why yours look like lavendar..or barney lol

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 3:08 PM (CDT)

I call hijinks!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 3:12 PM (CDT)

I used to work for an aluminium anodizing company, this is the process used to coluorize the mini iPods. There is no way that you could make that kind of mistake in the anodizing process to cause that kind of effect to happen. Either the image has been changed or its a lighting issue.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 3:28 PM (CDT)

the wheel is VERY splotch—bad photoshop job?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 3:30 PM (CDT)

Oh yeah? That’s nothing.
I’ve got a PURPLE iPod mini:

lol

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 3:51 PM (CDT)

nice ;)
too bad you didn’t leave the apple black/grey

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 4:19 PM (CDT)

I think that one is fake, its a pink ipod mini. Just slight adjustment of level on PS and it will show up a pink ipod mini. OR I could be that during processing of colors on meteal of ipod mini that one might have over colored thus having some getting lavander color.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 3, 2004 at 4:28 PM (CDT)