Lavender iPod mini? | iLounge News

Lavender iPod mini?

An eBay auction has turned up a lavender iPod mini. We don’t know what to make of this, but we are checking with the auctioner for more proof. The ‘Buy It Now’ price has been set at a whopping $575. Buyer beware.

“DO YOU LIKE THE UNUSUAL? Then this mini iPod is for you. I ordered a pink iPod for my daughter and waited a month for it to come. When it finally came it was in a box that showed pink, but when we opened it, it was lavender! I spoke to the company and they say they don’t even make lavender and it was a mistake with the dielot. Personally I love the lavender but my daughter wants the pink one, so this one is up for auction. The company couldn’t believe it and says it will probably become a collectible. It is totally BRAND NEW & perfect, we opened the box and took the picture, it hasn’t been used.”

« New iPod commercial airs on TV

iTunes prices should be lower, labels “don’t get it” »

Comments

Whats to stop anyone reanodizing the case anyway then selling it as a rare item. The silver could be anodized black or cherry red and it would look great.

Posted by Matty on May 20, 2004 at 3:37 PM (PDT)

Are there done being purple ones?  Because i ordered a pink a couple of weeks ago, and I’m not all that into purple.

Posted by long time mac on May 22, 2004 at 6:03 AM (PDT)

i think she isnt lieng and it is really lavendar im a little skeptical but who cares it isnt mine,and i would buy it anyway if it was a lavendar color EVEN if she painted all of u guys are basherz in Haterz ur juz jealous dat u dont got one

Opperating a iMac G4
Power Mac G5
Ipod Mini Silver

Posted by JL on June 10, 2004 at 5:14 PM (PDT)

i just got one today, and i waited 4 weeks for a pink one and it came in lavender.  I am very disappointed!!! I understand what the daughter must feel like, when you have your heart set on something and you wait with no clue that it is going to be a problem getting what you want.  but when you get it and it is clearly not what you want yopu are angry!!!

Posted by mrs ed on June 25, 2004 at 6:48 AM (PDT)

Hey i just got my pink mini ipod in the mail today from apple direct and the same thing happend with mine - it is a lavender tone as opposed to the light pink tone that it should be.

Posted by Melissa on July 7, 2004 at 7:30 AM (PDT)

In case anybody still cares about this issue there are indeed two different shades of “Pink” iPods.  One is more of a pale pink and one is a darker, richer pink that could be called lavender.  I’ve got three “Lavender” ones and a pale pink one.  Tell me where to post it and I’ll show you pictures side by side.  One report is that Apple has changed the original color of the pink mini iPod to the darker shade but I have not been able to confirm that.

Posted by jay on July 27, 2004 at 4:02 PM (PDT)

Hey everybody, Just to let you know I’ve posted a lavender ipod mini on eBay.  If any of you are going to give me a hard time please do so all at once!
I took a regular pink and put it beside the lavender one, took the picture, then swapped their positions and took another picture so nobody would say it’s just the light.

I’ve emailed that poor lady from ebay who took such abuse.  She was happy to know someone else with lavender ones and a pink comparison.

You can find me in the forums if you need to.
thanks,
jay

Posted by dex1 on July 29, 2004 at 9:03 PM (PDT)

hey i want a lavender ipod thats my favorite color

Posted by Neidra on October 7, 2004 at 8:07 AM (PDT)

hey i want a lavender ipod thats my favorite color

Posted by Neidra on October 7, 2004 at 8:07 AM (PDT)

Eh. It’s not a scam. Around November I was visiting my best friend, and it was his mom’s birthday. And she loves purple. So his dad went out and spent the whole day trying to find a purple ipod, and he managed to find one. He said that it was extremely hard to find. I’m sure people will all be like “Whatever, you’re lying.” and #### like that, but whatever. Just my two bits.

Posted by Idontknowwhyimpostinghere on October 8, 2004 at 1:11 PM (PDT)

My ipod mini is a purplish pink color… it looks fushia. I’ve heard that there was a dielot messup and there are some ipods like this out there. My dad got it for me and he said its the variety that’s going for a lot more on eBay. Does anyone know anything about this? I thought maybe that’s what this guy was talking about when he said the ipod was lavendar because my ipod does look purplish… I don’t know… maybe it’s supposed to?

Posted by mazy on January 19, 2005 at 6:43 AM (PDT)

Is there a picture available of this supposed lavendar ipod?

Posted by mazy on January 19, 2005 at 6:45 AM (PDT)

Page 4 of 4 pages « First  <  2 3 4